I told Reverb to f#ck off today, put my money where my mouth is.

• Thread starter Thread starter GJgo
  • Start date Start date
Just to play devils' advocate here (and predictably I'm going to get shit for this post by some of our classy members here)...but the Slayer imagery is VERY nazi-esque for the vast majority of ppl, even for many that know Slayer more deeply. I'm a die hard slayer fan and I get the bands idea, and even for me that shit makes me cringe.

HH with a knife through it that coincidentally looks like the SS symbol?
The Eagle symbol?
Official fan club named the Slaytanic Wehrmacht with a Stahlhelm wearing skull as the mascot?
Come on now....how can you be surprised that ppl take offense to it?! Hitler himself would be blushing trying to justify the coincidence or whatever this is.

I'm not commenting on whether it is right or wrong for Reverb to de-list any items w/ Nazi-esque iconography, or whether Slayer are Nazis (I don't believe they are, for the record), but unless you have your head stuck firmly up your ass you must realize the connotations of such imagery to many ppl, and shouldn't be surprised if Reverb or any other retailer doesn't want to touch this with a 10 foot pole.

The whole issue of selective enforcement is another matter....
People these days can be offended by anything. Just seems to me there is a certain group/groups of people you are NOT allowed to even lightly critique. Like you said, selective enforcement.

Just to play devils' advocate here (and predictably I'm going to get shit for this post by some of our classy members here)...but the Slayer imagery is VERY nazi-esque for the vast majority of ppl, even for many that know Slayer more deeply. I'm a die hard slayer fan and I get the bands idea, and even for me that shit makes me cringe.

The Eagle symbol?
Official fan club named the Slaytanic Wehrmacht with a Stahlhelm wearing skull as the mascot?
Come on now....how can you be surprised that ppl take offense to it?! Hitler himself would be blushing trying to justify the coincidence or whatever this is.

I'm not commenting on whether it is right or wrong for Reverb to de-list any items w/ Nazi-esque iconography, or whether Slayer are Nazis (I don't believe they are, for the record), but unless you have your head stuck firmly up your ass you must realize the connotations of such imagery to many ppl, and shouldn't be surprised if Reverb or any other retailer doesn't want to touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Found this custom shop ESP Hanneman model

ESPDeathsheadHanneman.jpg

Now those inlays are straight nazi logos and you would have a point.

But an H with a dagger that for all i know could be just derived from the first letter of Jeff's last name and an eagle in a style that is most likely utilized by other brands and companies as well.

Tho in the end it's just a fucking guitar. Those who really need to take their heads out of their asses are those that suddenly lose the ability to breathe when they see something offensive.

The Eagle symbol?

Yeah OK, but it's just music/art. I'm always ticked off by the fact a Hollywood actor can play a Nazi in a movie and everyone understands he's just playing a role but god forbid a band does something similar with their music. WTF? It's just art.

Is it possible that the Slayer guys are Nazi sympathizers? Yeah, who knows, but given that the band has a Hispanic lead singer and the original drummer was a Guido, I really fucking doubt it!

I mean, Slayer's line up is more diverse than NSync or something! Come on.

What's much more likely is that they were just a bunch of crazed metal kids trying to find scary/offensive imagery to go along with the extreme metal music they were writing. Remember when rockers/metallers were outrageous on purpose? A lot of great music came out of that, because art is freedom.

I'm not white myself (South American, like Araya) and I know about racism first hand. It does exist, but it's rarer than a lot of people think. But goddamn never in my life I had to give Slayer even a second thought. If anything, they're icons in the South American metal community for having a frontman from Chile. So idk.

Drama, lots of drama.
Not sure who's showing who what.
Hey, how bout those Rams.

Is CME still associated with Reverb or did they sell their part? If still involved you could stop buying from them, if you did in the past.

And reverb still sell guitars associated with satanism, war and violence just like the Esp Kirk Hammet Ouija, Esp Ghost Soldier or blood guitars, not to mention all the pedals with disturbing graphics, nonsense!

And this

dybcbwrr7vbshobschyp.png

Last edited:
Right??? You know, at the end of the day I didn't tell them to piss off because of the guitar. I told them to F off because they refused to have a conversation about the situation. That doesn't work for me.

...Guess I won't be helping a friend out by trying to sell their NAMM show one-of-a-kind ESP Muradian on Reverb.. Tits would for SURE get them lit!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7634.JPG
    IMG_7634.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 92
Fuck the Rams, I am from St.Louis. Stan Kroenke can rot in hell.
Rams comment was a joke i do not support the rams or Enos Kronke.
Nazi shit doesn't sell cuz they murdered 1/3 of the planet except for gun & knife weirdos. Just a fact.
For all the whine & bitch threads on forums across the globe & despite those who "tell reverb where to go" yada they're still the main gear selling hub on the Planet, another fact.
Im not saying i agree with their business tactics but they've hedged their bets & it works for them right now.
*** No Rams, Reverbs or Nazi's were physically harmed during the composition of this post.

Last edited:
this is why, second row down fourth one in....View attachment 65844
Who the hell knows this? Geezus, there are totally innocuous symbols in there too - a latch key, an arrow, even a symbol that is on the modern national flag of Poland. If anything resembling something on that chart is considered taboo, we might as well just censor everything so no one gets offended. Fook the snowflakes.

Who the hell knows this? Geezus, there are totally innocuous symbols in there too - a latch key, an arrow, even a symbol that is on the modern national flag of Poland. If anything resembling something on that chart is considered taboo, we might as well just censor everything so no one gets offended. Fook the snowflakes.

I know because I am a huge fan of Jeffs. It took about a second to pull that up on google, first page of results for nazi insignia.
I think all this was very amusing to Hanneman. lol

on a side note Kerry King's sig esps also had the eagle inlays.

Last edited:

Back