I told Reverb to f#ck off today, put my money where my mouth is.

• Thread starter Thread starter GJgo
  • Start date Start date
God forbid anyone ever makes a Tibetan or Dalai Lama-themed guitar. They use more swastikas than the Nazis did.

Check out Robert Sepehr on YouTube.

6384a21872201bf9621945fb80a85efb.jpg
I saw that they discovered the earliest swastika in eastern Russia; dating from 4000bc. Been around a LONG time.

Help is on the way dude. The Pussy Melter censorship and the price hikes in July were my last straws. Been at it everyday the last 5 months building an open site, hopefully a better place. I’m soft launching in about a week and I’ll do a post then, but here’s the site in development. Feel free to kick the tires.

https://staging.tonefind.com/

You can create an account, it’s just test data, you’ll need a real email address to verify the account, but otherwise you can put in dummy data everywhere. If you want to test and simulate buy, sales and TRADES, you can use this bogus credit card info:
Credit card # 4000 0566 5566 5556

Checking:
Routing # 110000000
Account # 000123456789

Here is my official code of conduct Policy:
“ToneFind does not believe in any form of censorship to the extent it does not violate local, state or federal laws.”

I'm IN!

Interesting. Well, at least from what it sounds like they’ll actually go to bat for the seller...which is better than what happened to me 10 yrs ago where 2 buyers were clearly trying to scam me.

Sorry to hear that. I don’t think it was so much protecting the seller but poor management on eBay’s behalf. As I had stated under eBays purchase protection program one would think a dispute would go through process but no.

eBay immediately issued a refund and a USPS return label (poor choice for shipping guitars and amps IMO). After the second such case played out the same way with over 500 transactions 75 of which being mostly amps and some guitars I was punked.

I have a few work around but it was annoying, unwarranted & eBay’s lack of concern with people selling junk electronics (alps/Oscilloscopes/rack effects) or guitars that need real luthiers to rework neck pockets on open box Malmsteen Strats.

I will purchase bulk components or small tools but beyond that eBay is useless to me unless I am willing to gamble which I repaired most arriving amps sold not as described.

I find it to be a fuming ground for broken electronics.

I hope Reverb never gets that bad as they are already developing some poor ethics.

Just my $.02, David

eBay used to be hugely biased towards the buyer; to the point that even with photographic proof they still sided with them. It wasn’t until the ‘broken’ amp I sold; I spotted for sale by the same buyer I just sold it to, “sounds great killer amp!” for 400 more than I sold it to him for. At the same time he was trying to squeeze another 200 out of me for his “tech to fix it” bullshit. Eventually I prevailed but I stopped using them. Went to Reverb. But, same thing eventually happened on Reverb too.
Back to eBay...so far so good.

I just went through an ordeal with a buyer. He claimed an amp I sold him had issues, (yet all his complaints were completely normal operations to the amp), and he even admitted to user-error. Reverb 100% believed the buyer was a liar, yet refunded him $250, and didn't charge me. I'm delighted they didn't ding me for it, but they obviously assumed they'd lose the dispute if the buyer filed a PP claim. Goes to show how fucked up the system is, and that these scumbags get away with it. It was 100% buyer's remorse, user-error, and "I don't like it". Yet, he tried to return it...

Even more fucked up, he said he traded it in on a different amp, after saying it didn't work right. Of course GC gave him next to nothing, and that was apparently our fault.

Last edited:
eBay used to be hugely biased towards the buyer; to the point that even with photographic proof they still sided with them. It wasn’t until the ‘broken’ amp I sold; I spotted for sale by the same buyer I just sold it to, “sounds great killer amp!” for 400 more than I sold it to him for. At the same time he was trying to squeeze another 200 out of me for his “tech to fix it” bullshit. Eventually I prevailed but I stopped using them. Went to Reverb. But, same thing eventually happened on Reverb too.
Back to eBay...so far so good.
If you want a fair shake with ebay you have to follow their rules (I learned the hard way). I accept refunds no questions asked and will send a label for the return. I do this because if I say no returns and the buyer says it wasn’t as described you now accept returns.
The difference is that when my automated return arrives I inspect it and decide how much I will refund. If the guy just didn’t want it and it comes back in the shape I shipped it I will refund all money except shipping. If the guy was a jag or the amp looks worse or is damaged I can keep up to 50% of the purchase price, that is per Ebay’s rules. I do think you need an eBay store too.

If you want a fair shake with ebay you have to follow their rules (I learned the hard way). I accept refunds no questions asked and will send a label for the return. I do this because if I say no returns and the buyer says it wasn’t as described you now accept returns.
The difference is that when my automated return arrives I inspect it and decide how much I will refund. If the guy just didn’t want it and it comes back in the shape I shipped it I will refund all money except shipping. If the guy was a jag or the amp looks worse or is damaged I can keep up to 50% of the purchase price, that is per Ebay’s rules. I do think you need an eBay store too.

That's good info Mike, thanks for sharing, I had no idea what Ebay's current standing was, I assumed it was all on the side of the buyers like Reverb.

Back