Into The Arena...like a girl

• Thread starter Thread starter LP Freak
  • Start date Start date
I read the thread before watching the vid. Never heard of her. She’s good though. But swear read all the keyboard comments. When the first notes of the keyboard came on I busted out laughing!!!! 😂
Didn’t take away from what she’s doing to me though. You see she enjoys it. Isn’t that what music should be right? Unless it’s your living for cash. Then most bands fight and break up. Haha. I barely play these days. When I do I enjoy it. Got totally burned out several years back playing all the time. Think I picked up the guitar 4 times this year.

Reactions: Geo
Self promotion... What's wrong with that? If she sucked, that would be another story.
There is a line between self promotion and self absorption. It's one thing to have your name on stage, because that let's people know who you are. Having your name or initials on gear helps keep track of it. Wearing your own shirt just means you are full of yourself. It's hard to pull it off and not be a douche. I have never seen it done.

There is a line between self promotion and self absorption. It's one thing to have your name on stage, because that let's people know who you are. Having your name or initials on gear helps keep track of it. Wearing your own shirt just means you are full of yourself. It's hard to pull it off and not be a douche. I have never seen it done.
For all things there is a first time. She may just not realize how over the top it appears... It doesn't mean she's a narcissist.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she has some weirdo controlling husband “managing” things. The whole thing is just odd watching it again lol

Come on, put your name on the bass drum head and be done with it.
Pretty sure her name is on the ticket or the marquee of the place anyway. :D

She's freaking incredible at doing her thing though!
That's the kind of player you don't ever want to cut heads with.
NO she`s doing Schenker`s thing. All you have to do is learn it, she didnt create it.

Her moves were silly AF during the Schenker tune, but she was cool in the other two vids. Definitely overboard on the name branding. She can definitely play though, and she’s got killer tone in her gear AND hands.

Big MSG fan here... I seen MSG live finally in 2018 and he was great, any woman that can appreciate MSG is alright in my book.:2thumbsup:

She does a great rendition of MSG but it is nowhere near the intricacy of Michael's playing, his explosive phrasing and scales, I will have to listen to her other stuff she seems to be on stage with some heavy hitters. There is a reason why other players don't capture the essence of the greats like EVH, MSG, Jimmy Page and many more, I myself included I can get close but I don't have the swing for EVH and the mind of MSG.

If the player in the video was a guy his technique would be given so much more scrutiny by the peanut gallery.

She was featured on the documentary “Turn it up, A celebration of the electric guitar”. A pretty good show. She made the same faces when just playing guitar on there, just natural, seems alright to me.

No different

1622412022655.jpeg

Just watched, she’s obviously a Schenker fan. Sounded great. Honestly, her stage mannerisms remind me a lot of Schenker as well, just dialed up a bit.

There’s a lot of EVH praise, as well as guitarists from the ‘80s. I find it funny that someone would take issue with her stage antics, then praise EVH that never stopped either, or (*insert every guitarist from the ‘80s*) that ran around in spandex and hairspray, spun guitars in circles over their shoulder, did flip kicks, and basically danced like MJ was choreographing their setlist. Remember, this is what you thought was cool (actual video/music starts around 1:40) :D

Last edited:

Back