Iron Maiden fans - Great Adrian Smith video from today 12/7

• Thread starter Thread starter Markedman
  • Start date Start date
His tight and rythmic playing really compliments Daves fluid and flowing style playing

Awesome! I subd some months ago to his YT channel. He posts alot of fishing vids. Really cool stuff. I'm ordering his book as well. He's so down to earth and humble. One of the greats in Metal ?

Damn good, see how that newer marshall sounds just as good as anything else. In the right hands.
I think this is quite common. I'm not chasing tones made with a Friedman, or Cameron, or any shit like that. And I don't think too many other people are either. And that's not a negative on those products. Just reality. Our heroes play regular gear.

What makes this video great to me is that he laugh's at the mistakes he's making. Most famous guitarist probally would have tried to get it perfect but not him. He is very relaxed with his playing and does not have anything to prove. Such a cool guy in my book.

Same here. Powerslave tour was my first ever concert. 1985, I was 15 yrs old and it changed my life.

One of my top 10 for sure.. his work on Bruce's solo stuff is incredible and the newer Maiden stuff as well. He def. grew and improved with age but always wrote amazing solos and riffs

Damn good, see how that newer marshall sounds just as good as anything else. In the right hands.
I must have missed the part where he compared amps and the newer Marshall equaled everything else. If anything, it really pales compared to the Adrian only Powerslave clip Mailman posted. Same hands, old Marshall >>> new Marshall.

I must have missed the part where he compared amps and the newer Marshall equaled everything else. If anything, it really pales compared to the Adrian only Powerslave clip Mailman posted. Same hands, old Marshall >>> new Marshall.
Professionally recorded track, with amp at arena volume, vs at TV volume, probably recorded with a phone.

Not to mention the fact that you have to be listening with "rose colored headphones", because the JVM in his room sounds a less scratchy and buzzy than the isolated tone.

Last edited:
the homie looks great for age 63~~~!!!!!
sounds good

Awesome that he has a Sikth sticker; I wouldn't have guessed that he was a fan.

Professionally recorded track, with amp at arena volume, vs at TV volume, probably recorded with a phone.

Not to mention the fact that you have to be listening with "rose colored headphones", because the JVM in his room sounds a less scratchy and buzzy than the isolated tone.
I doubt it was an old marshall, they used jmp-1`s forever

One of my hero's!

I actually 'play him' in a Maiden tribute. :rock:

Attachments

• charvel 001.jpg
    charvel 001.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 52

Back