It's weird that I hated Rectifiers for the first 23 years of their existence...

• Thread starter Thread starter killertone
  • Start date Start date
Holy shit, are you me?? Haha

I had almost the same exact experience, and mindset. Single Recto, around ‘06, refused to use a boost. Hated that amp, but also probably didn’t know how to dial it in. Thankfully I’ve also moved over into the pro-boost camp. I haven’t tried another Recto yet, I’m pretty happy with the Marks.
I bought and sold 5 Dual Rec’s before I started boosting amps. I likely had some killer amps.

Nice, I'll always have a little soft spot for the rectifier series. I even liked the Roadster.

They all sounded pretty dang good. Amp #2 had some nice girth, but it sounded like #4 had that extra grind. I am surprised with the results.

I always hated the rectifier as well, I was always more on "Team 5150". A few years ago I found a Rev G for $1400 local and it was absolutely killer. Completely changed my mind. My buddies all went out and grabbed their own and none of theirs matched up and they ended up dumping them. This one had the magic sauce. I stupidly sold it to buy a Badlander and was let down hard. I sold it to a guy who owns a studio and every time I ask him about it he tells me he's put it on 90% of his records and doesn't want to sell it back :(

Amp 1 all day for me. Not even a contest. Has the most bite, boldness, clarity, and aggression.

Reading the comments I see it’s the multi watt triple recto which I considered grabbing after finding out the costs of rev F rectos these days. That’s exciting it aligns with what I like.

Amp 1 all day for me. Not even a contest. Has the most bite, boldness, clarity, and aggression.

im glad i got my tripleG, for all the hype i see with these other versions the G's and these multiwatts always win.

im glad i got my tripleG, for all the hype i see with these other versions the G's and these multiwatts always win.
We have many similar amps so our tastes are very similar. It solidifies my desire to grab a multi watt triple recto someday to add to my stable.

Definitely the triple multi in that video.
Never had the multiwatt versions!

Wonder if the dual does it that good also?

When I first heard it...

Made me think of a Badlander 100 straight in.

🫢

We have many similar amps so our tastes are very similar. It solidifies my desire to grab a multi watt triple recto someday to add to my stable.

Yeah definitely do that, if I could only keep one amp it would be that one, I’d like to grab a dual at some point.

Appreciate all of the comments, y'all. Very interesting to see everyone's preferences here.
Keep the Multi-Triple sell the rest. :D
How loud (RMS) is your .wav when you export it and to which level (db) do you set your volume in the vid-program?

Definitely the triple multi in that video.
Never had the multiwatt versions!

Wonder if the dual does it that good also?
Ive owned both multiwatt versions and i still have my triple, sold the dual, the triple is a little more agressive and slightly tighter, mids are a little different too, just more brutal sounding imo, but you cant go wrong with either. Im a big fan of the multiwatt rectos.

This video does an excellent job of showing the fundamental difference between the dual & triple MWs. I've had multiple of each & this checks out. It's not the same differences you see in a Rev G where the triple is significantly tighter. Which one is best? That's up to you. If I was answering that question I'd say the dual sat better in the live mix for me where the triple disappeared a bit.

For me it was Rev F Triple, then MultiWatt Triple, then Rev F Dual then Rev G Dual. It was very close between the two Triples, though - I’d be very happy with either.

Nice one! 1 and 2 sounded great to me with more high end details. That MW triple is no joke, wow

Keep the Multi-Triple sell the rest. :D
How loud (RMS) is your .wav when you export it and to which level (db) do you set your volume in the vid-program?
On the amp only guitar tracks I use a limiter but set the threshold to right before any actual limiting occurs. I think these came out to about -12 lufs or so.

me too, then i saw its the multiwatt triple, which i hear is most similar to my TripleG, and that makes me happy :giggle:
My Tripke G is the best I've heard. Need to try some different power tubes in the Multiwatt Triple.

Last edited:

Back