I've got the $ on my GC Gear Card...talk me outta this Splawn lol

• Thread starter Thread starter Matt300ZXT
  • Start date Start date
Matt300ZXT
Matt300ZXT
Someone do me a favor and talk me outta this white tolex Quickrod they've got on their used site. I need to get other stuff first but the want is strong!

If you use their card I don’t think you can buy it to send it to a local store to jam on first and then request a refund. I could be wrong though?

If you really want it then fucking go for it man. I used their no interest option to grab one of my Les pauls - it’s helpful for expensive stuff. You only live once. My number 1 amp I grabbed off GC used, granted it was a POS and needed a lot of TLC.

do-it-just-do-it.gif

katerina-kathie.gif

The problem with splawns is that on a lot of his models he prefers plate fed tonestacks. The volume/EQ settings really have a drastic affect on overall tone, gain, etc. What that means for a player is that you have to really crank on them like old Marshall’s to get the goods out of them.

If anyone else is looking, I saw a Splawn head in the Tempe, AZ GC today. I think it was grey tolex, don't know their model names. But it's there and I'd be happy to go wind it up and drive everyone out of the store if anyone here wants to buy it.

If it sounds anything like @Junk Yard Dog's Competition I recently played, you got a killer amp.

If it sounds anything like @Junk Yard Dog's Competition I recently played, you got a killer amp.

100%. Quick background: I had a 2014 Pro Stock with Loop Volume and I loved it, overall. It was my main gigging amp for 3 years. I wanted to try Friedman's and so that was my journey for another 3 years: BE-50, BE-100, Slax, JJ100.

I came full circle back to Splawn, primarily to put some cash back in my pocket offloading the Friedmans, which I still love to this day.

Something about my 2015 FL Comp is different than my 2014 Pro Stock: I have more control over the EQ and volume. Obviously, having New/Old and Mid Cut really helps, but it still sounds monstrous and the Loop Volume on my Comp seems to work better than my 2014 for some reason.

It's a gnarly amp for sure and I would not hesitate to go Splawn new or used, but I really think it's worth going Fully Loaded on these on the 50+ watts. I live in an apartment and get great tones that inspire me when I play by using the Loop Volume easy.

Debt sucks. Interest payments are for poor people. Dime a dozen amp that will always be available. If the $$ is in the bank, then certainly pull the trigger!
Can’t do a lot of stuff these days without great credit. Interest free payments on stuff like this are excellent opportunities even if you do have the cash.

Good to know he put a loop level control which people are using as a master volume and diming the channel master. I’ve loved the way splawns sound but ive never jived with one, although I want to like them as they seem like something I’d prefer.

Get it, Splawn is a better JCM 800 for less money than a used and abused original.

I have a 2018 fully loaded Quickrod. It's like a super modded JCM800. 3 channels and gears within the channels. Very versatile , well built amps. From Plexi to Full blown modded Marshall tones available. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Just make sure you are getting the footswitch with it. You need it for certain functions. Here's my Quickrod with matching 2x12 with M65 creambacks. Good luck with your decision. 👍

Attachments

• 20181128_125527.jpg
    20181128_125527.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 32
If anyone else is looking, I saw a Splawn head in the Tempe, AZ GC today. I think it was grey tolex, don't know their model names. But it's there and I'd be happy to go wind it up and drive everyone out of the store if anyone here wants to buy it.
They just listed it today. It's a Pro Mod but the clean channel doesn't turn on. They "graciously" dropped the price from $1450 to $1179, as if that's going to cover the cost to ship it to Splawn and back to have it repaired as they say their local amp tech said it was a "specialty" amp. What is it with Guitar Center having busted gear and thinking it's worth just below what a perfectly functioning similar item is?

They just listed it today. It's a Pro Mod but the clean channel doesn't turn on. They "graciously" dropped the price from $1450 to $1179, as if that's going to cover the cost to ship it to Splawn and back to have it repaired as they say their local amp tech said it was a "specialty" amp. What is it with Guitar Center having busted gear and thinking it's worth just below what a perfectly functioning similar item is?
After tax and shipping that's going to be 1300 to get it to you and then another 60-80 to ship to Splawn, so your into it for almost 1400 and Splawn aint fixing it for free, plus they are going to charge you shipping back. so thats no deal there.

Back