Join me on a magical journey: Metro Plexi Superlead Build

• Thread starter Thread starter FourT6and2
  • Start date Start date
I love the thread and I am fixing to start this build next winter with ceriatone components since metro isnt doing the kits anymore. Sigh, pity too because I was only 2 hours away from his company in Michigan in January. Any chance you could post a new vid after burn in or with a blend of your VH4? I am dying to hear more.

Hey, leewhy18. Metro still offers their transformers for sale through their store. I'd get the ceriatone kit without trannies and get some Metro ones to go with it. I can work on a new clip. But might be a week or so. Amps sounds fantastic! Thanks for following the thread. :)

FourT6and2":3uje6i7b said:
Another small update:

Wired up the output transformer primaries.

bf10cf322d88b7377a9fd094dfbd2c34-d32bt8l.jpg

Drilled the impedance selector mounting holes, mounted the rear faceplate, wired up the output transformer secondaries and the output jacks.

bf82142b1f47e9a2bfca6429770a14e5-d32btf6.jpg

6190fab8987536b044ca49556de050ec-d32btgw.jpg

That's all until probably Sunday night or early next week.

looks like you're doing the 1 ohm bias mod on the OP tubes. great idea! i do it to all my amps. :thumbsup:

FourT6and2":wne3d8j0 said:
Hey, leewhy18. Metro still offers their transformers for sale through their store. I'd get the ceriatone kit without trannies and get some Metro ones to go with it. I can work on a new clip. But might be a week or so. Amps sounds fantastic! Thanks for following the thread. :)

No problem, thanks for making a top notch thread. I will definately get mercury magnetic trannies, I just don't know from where. Id love to give George my business because he definitely goes above and beyond the call of duty on his forum and I think I he'll be a huge help next winter. Mind if I drop you a few emails to pick your brain when I start the project?? I am bound and determined to get a superbass jones clone up and running.

1. I cranked this sucker through my Bogner 4x12 in a giant warehouse. It was godly. Everything on 10.

2. I'm building another amp. Build thread to come, with so many more bonus goodies for all you sexy people. So stay tuned...

FourT6and2":yhaud51r said:
Typical disclaimer: I suck, yadda yadda, webcam shit quality, etc...

Sounds a little fizzy here since the PPIMV is at 9:00. after about noon it opens up and sounds great. But it clips my webcam, so I have to record at a lower volume.

LP into DD-3 into BF-2 into amp. Channels jumped.

good job.. even with the web cam sounds great.

Thanks! Sounds much better now that it's broken-in and running through a 4x12 with Greenbacks. ;)

ForT6and2, can you PM me? I'm interested in your Einstein, but I can't post in that thread or send you a PM.

gdone":2itmlieh said:
ForT6and2, can you PM me? I'm interested in your Einstein, but I can't post in that thread or send you a PM.

lol sure. ;)

Back