JVM clip inside

:|::QBB:
SgtThump":acda6 said:

Wow! That really sucks.

I was just told that the HR recruiter at the place I interviewed called the consulting firm I'm working with (this is a permanent placement, though, not a consulting position) and explained that I was his favorite by far over the past few months. He's meeting with the VP of IT (whom I also interviewed with yesterday) at 2:00pm today to compare their notes and thoughts on me. But so far, it sounds good.

Oh man, this is a high visibility job (I think I said that already) for a growing company with two huge successful parent companies. The challenges are right up my alley and it's a move up in both pay, responsibilities and title. It could really work out if I get it. I'm PRAYING that I do!

Yeah it did suck but it was for the best! After I finally found another job, the company that I was leaving made me a great counter offer to stay, so Im still at the same place (since 1989 :eek: )

Best of luck with the Job. I hope that you get it!! :thumbsup:

SgtThump":366fe said:

I expect my current employer of 6 years to want me to stay, but I'm not doing it. They can't match the pay and I'm very tired of this place. I need something new anyway.

Definitely bail then. I only stayed because they gave me a sick raise and I literally do nothing all day unless there is a problem. I went from being a manager of 7 people working 15 hour days to working in the IT department 9 to 5 doing very little and with MAJOR job security. I payed my dues here and they treat me very well now. The only thing that sucks is that if things were to get rough here and I had to leave, I would be screwed because I don't have any of the networking/IT certs. Id probably have to cut the hair and do the manager thing again because I would take a paycut.
I think you are going to get this job for sure!

Gainfreak":149c4 said:

Come on Ralphie, when you turn up to an interview dressed like this.. you really expected a call back? :D :lol:

ralphpimp.jpg

carlygtr56":8fdab said:
You need an appointment with Floyd-

Floyd1.jpg

:lol:
been thinking about it!! You want to have a laugh? It's cheaper for me to keep the mop then to cut it. It costs me nothing to maintane the mop but it will cost me $45 a month if I cut it!! (I don't like those supercuts places!!:D)

SgtThump":84c7c said:

The main problems I have with my current employer is that I'm a manager with two 6 person teams of Analyst (12 total) and I'm forced to make them do things I don't agree with... That includes working stupid hours well into the night/next morning, weekend, etc... I don't agree with the way the VP of IT here has the power to bully everyone around like a schoolyard bully either. He and I don't see eye-to-eye on anything and he makes everyone's life very difficult. So much so that at least 4-5 people that have been here for 6-10 years have left in the past three months or so. I've been here for 6 years myself and I'm done.

I would love to walk into that VPs office on the last day and tell him how big of a fucking prick he is, but I know better. But gosh damn, that would be cool. :)

You are preaching to the choir. That's the main reason why I wanted out and have not returned to management since. I had to look at everyone and basically ask them to do shit that I would NEVER in a million years ask of anyone. 15 hour days was insane and I had to ask people to come in on the weekend after they already put in 75 + hours!

SgtThump":29519 said:
The main problems I have with my current employer is that I'm a manager with two 6 person teams of Analyst (12 total) and I'm forced to make them do things I don't agree with... That includes working stupid hours well into the night/next morning, weekend, etc... I don't agree with the way the VP of IT here has the power to bully everyone around like a schoolyard bully either. He and I don't see eye-to-eye on anything and he makes everyone's life very difficult. So much so that at least 4-5 people that have been here for 6-10 years have left in the past three months or so. I've been here for 6 years myself and I'm done.

I would love to walk into that VPs office on the last day and tell him how big of a fucking prick he is, but I know better. But gosh damn, that would be cool. :)

If key personnel keep leaving, hopefully they will see this guy as a liability more than an asset :)

Gainfreak":0c0ce said:
Definitely bail then. I only stayed because they gave me a sick raise and I literally do nothing all day unless there is a problem. I went from being a manager of 7 people working 15 hour days to working in the IT department 9 to 5 doing very little and with MAJOR job security. I payed my dues here and they treat me very well now. The only thing that sucks is that if things were to get rough here and I had to leave, I would be screwed because I don't have any of the networking/IT certs. Id probably have to cut the hair and do the manager thing again because I would take a paycut.
I think you are going to get this job for sure!

Hey Ralph I'm sort of in a similar situation!

Been at my company 11 years, work 8-5 Mon-Fri.

Don't really do alot, low stress and decent job security (real estate sector).

Gainfreak":fb418 said:

(I don't like those supercuts places!!:D)

How would you even know if you like those Supercuts places? :confused:

About this clip Ralph...... I checked this out last night through my studio monitors. I had been playing my Peacemaker, my Quickrod and my Cameron Aldrich mod for an hour and a half before I listened to your clip through the same monitors so lets say I was tonally "dialed in". I have to say that that is my idea of the perfect, PERFECT heavy rock tone. I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait until a used JVM comes into my shop.

I wish you had left some idea of how that tone sounds for leads on your clip. Seriously Ralph, that is the best tone I've ever heard on any clip online.

Which guitar did you use and what pickups and were those the g12h30's?

Sorry man...... Boogie Shmoogie. That JVM in your hands is awesome!

Chubtone":29573 said:

How would you even know if you like those Supercuts places? :confused:

About this clip Ralph...... I checked this out last night through my studio monitors. I had been playing my Peacemaker, my Quickrod and my Cameron Aldrich mod for an hour and a half before I listened to your clip through the same monitors so lets say I was tonally "dialed in". I have to say that that is my idea of the perfect, PERFECT heavy rock tone. I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait until a used JVM comes into my shop.

I wish you had left some idea of how that tone sounds for leads on your clip. Seriously Ralph, that is the best tone I've ever heard on any clip online.

Which guitar did you use and what pickups and were those the g12h30's?

Sorry man...... Boogie Shmoogie. That JVM in your hands is awesome!

JVM Blah. Ralph can sound just as good plugged into his J-Station. ;)

Shiny_Surface":61e90 said:
Hey Ralph I'm sort of in a similar situation!

Been at my company 11 years, work 8-5 Mon-Fri.

Don't really do alot, low stress and decent job security (real estate sector).

Isn't great when you don't have stress anymore. I hope to God that I never have to go back to that grind!! :thumbsup:

Back