JVM clip inside

:|::QBB:
Chubtone":04264 said:

How would you even know if you like those Supercuts places? :confused:

About this clip Ralph...... I checked this out last night through my studio monitors. I had been playing my Peacemaker, my Quickrod and my Cameron Aldrich mod for an hour and a half before I listened to your clip through the same monitors so lets say I was tonally "dialed in". I have to say that that is my idea of the perfect, PERFECT heavy rock tone. I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait until a used JVM comes into my shop.

I wish you had left some idea of how that tone sounds for leads on your clip. Seriously Ralph, that is the best tone I've ever heard on any clip online.

Which guitar did you use and what pickups and were those the g12h30's?

Sorry man...... Boogie Shmoogie. That JVM in your hands is awesome!

Wassup Brother!

Thanks so much for the more then kind words my Brother in tone!! :D

The JVM is definitely one of my favorite amps of all time. I would have killed to have had one of these suckers back in the 80's!

I do have more to that clip that has some lead on it, but its pure shit. I truly mean that and Im not fishing.. its out to lunch but I might just post it anyway for you because Im not as anal as i once was....well I'm trying to tell that to myself and trying to believe it :hys:

That signal chain was the Purple GMW swamp ash bidy maple cap with a duncan custom pickup. The settings were Treble, mids, bass and gain at 12 oclock. Presence and resonence at 9 oclock. 4x12 Marshall cab with 8ohm celestion g12h30 speakers. The JVM sounds great at 16 8 and 4 which is rare IMHO!!!!

You rock bro and I will see at Namm if not sooner!!

Ralph

Gainfreak":8d322 said:

The JVM sounds great at 16 8 and 4 which is rare IMHO!!!!

I wondered how much the ohms setting on an amp would effect the sound. I figured I was getting too anal, but you would have to think it would change something.

Tnjpekar":1480d said:

aw hell, I would hire you in a second, you wear that outfit and I will put you on the phones and teach you the ropes bro

Sup Bro!!

I would work with you in a second but I have to draw the line at wearing the suit!! :hys:

strungup":e3ff5 said:

I wondered how much the ohms setting on an amp would effect the sound. I figured I was getting too anal, but you would have to think it would change something.

In my experiance, you are not being anal. There is a difference in tone between ohms setting because of how the output transformer is wired up.

Gainfreak":81118 said:

Isn't great when you don't have stress anymore. I hope to God that I never have to go back to that grind!! :thumbsup:

I've been a plant manager for two years. High stress.

I'm ready to deliver mail, or be Mr. Mom. Haven't got the wife to buy in with that yet..... :cry:

daver101":6e19d said:

I've been a plant manager for two years. High stress.

I'm ready to deliver mail, or be Mr. Mom. Haven't got the wife to buy in with that yet..... :cry:

i was one to for a year. working at least 80 hours a week and on salary. that's why I went to prison. :doh:

Back