Kirk Hammett slips and falls over his wah pedal

• Thread starter Thread starter ElectricVoodoo
  • Start date Start date
I cannot stand him or Lars. Metallica died right before the black album. That and everything after is redundant trash. They are far over praised for their musicianship.

I love the top comments, "for whom the butt falls" and "until it slips" lol.

I was at this exact show and it was raining as hell!!

Also he was wearing a pair of Converse all-star "like" shoes so....

I wonder how he didn't fell during the whole show since he (and all Metallica band) was running continuosly on stage

psychodave":27nz63uo said:
trey85stang":27nz63uo said:
He is pretty good at the recovery. Reminds me of when his guitar went out on orion, the second he gets it replaced he is playing in the middle of the riff/beat. Very good musician.

I’ve always liked Kirk, but I’d like to see him recover with a string break. :lol: :LOL: . There are players that break strings and still solo and never miss a beat.
I've heard the Ed would break strings on his floyd and no one would even know it :worship:

Love these threads with a bunch of weekend wankers criticizing Kirk Hammett. I guess having the time to post here constantly degrading Hammett tells the true story. :thumbsdown:

Pat6969":3ogzn1t0 said:
Love these threads with a bunch of weekend wankers criticizing Kirk Hammett. I guess having the time to post here constantly degrading Hammett tells the true story. :thumbsdown:

Yeah, it gets old. I loved Kirk to death back then. Sure he does not impress me no more, he does not have to. He did his best and i have so much respect for it.

I probably would not be playing guitar today if it wasn't for Kirk.

Thanks Kirk.

:rock:

Pat6969":n7zpwrdm said:
What, he’s above criticism because he’s in Metallica? I’ve actually improved on guitar over the last 30 years, unlike him, and I work a full time job. And for the record, I dig his playing on the first four albums. And there’s plenty of “weekend wankers” on this forum that could take him to school. Fame does not equate skill or immunity from criticism.

Beyond Black":2w2xkb36 said:
Pat6969":2w2xkb36 said:
What, he’s above criticism because he’s in Metallica? I’ve actually improved on guitar over the last 30 years, unlike him, and I work a full time job. And for the record, I dig his playing on the first four albums. And there’s plenty of “weekend wankers” on this forum that could take him to school. Fame does not equate skill or immunity from criticism.

Ah yes, the weekend warrior that could school the pro. Lol. For fuck sakes, the guy made some great albums, played his ass off, grew up, had a family, raised his kids, and still juggled his career. You keep wanking in the basement, criticizing Kirk, and hope to be as successful one day.

Pat6969":3hr7x17m said:
Beyond Black":3hr7x17m said:
Pat6969":3hr7x17m said:

Ah yes, the weekend warrior that could school the pro. Lol. For fuck sakes, the guy made some great albums, played his ass off, grew up, had a family, raised his kids, and still juggled his career. You keep wanking in the basement, criticizing Kirk, and hope to be as successful one day.

Yes he has had a lot of successful albums. Yes he is internationally known. He is no different than anyone else. He was in the right place at the right time and got lucky. Just like it would be for any of us.

To be honest he hit his peak thirty years ago. I know a lot of people who could out play him, one or two in person, and I gotta be honest, I have heard some really good clips on here.

I also have another point. Kirk Hammett can out play me as far as his riffs, but I don't think kirk could out play me with my style. I am not a God, and neither is he. He has his own style and that is great at it. I am not into imitation, I have my own stuff going on, blends from everything and most of us do. I don't think that kirk can out play saw zakk wylde at his game nor the other way around.

Is he talented, yes, but still grossly overrated.

swamptrashstompboxes":2p25dazu said:
Pat6969":2p25dazu said:
Beyond Black":2p25dazu said:
Pat6969":2p25dazu said:

Yes he has had a lot of successful albums. Yes he is internationally known. He is no different than anyone else. He was in the right place at the right time and got lucky. Just like it would be for any of us.

To be honest he hit his peak thirty years ago. I know a lot of people who could out play him, one or two in person, and I gotta be honest, I have heard some really good clips on here.

I also have another point. Kirk Hammett can out play me as far as his riffs, but I don't think kirk could out play me with my style. I am not a God, and neither is he. He has his own style and that is great at it. I am not into imitation, I have my own stuff going on, blends from everything and most of us do. I don't think that kirk can out play saw zakk wylde at his game nor the other way around.

Is he talented, yes, but still grossly overrated.

Funny thing is I’ve never heard him referred to as a virtuoso. I also doubt he was in the right place at the right time. After Mustaine got the boot, they chose KH to be their new lead player, and I’m sure that wasn’t based on his chops alone. I see KH as a likeable and respectful guy, not one of those guys that sits in the front row with his arms crossed waiting to pick apart a missed note or botched sweep.

I don’t see many threads slamming Zakk Wilde for his overuse of pinch harmonics, to the point it makes me wanna puke. IMO he’s a pentatonic hack that uses wah and pinch harmonics to cover up the fact that he sucks. That being said, I don’t start threads about it.

Just sayin’.

He seems like a good dude. Played it off , got up smiling and kept on playing.

Pat6969":1uxyyqnd said:

I know, right.
This forum is some kind of monster.

LPMojoGL":151x5mqi said:
Pat6969":151x5mqi said:

I know, right.
:lol: :LOL:

I kinda feel bad for the guy, especially since he is getting up there in age and could have gotten hurt but this is the funniest and most ironic thing I have seen all day.

The replies have me dying.

i dont care what people says, Kirk is Great, i love 80s Metallica and he is part of that

LPMojoGL":1h2gifyn said:
Pat6969":1h2gifyn said:

I know, right.

I was thinking it’s more like jealousy is the monster.

Pat6969":2ub5vmsd said:
LPMojoGL":2ub5vmsd said:
Pat6969":2ub5vmsd said:

I know, right.

I was thinking it’s more like jealousy is the monster.

For real. Green with envy. Green Hell.

Back