Kirk Hammett slips and falls over his wah pedal

• Thread starter Thread starter ElectricVoodoo
  • Start date Start date
Loudness250":16jdxixk said:
He's actually a very mediocre surfer. Not that i'm kelly Slater, but I have been out surfing when he was out, He just kinda goes straight on the wave. lol.
Hey, the pop-up-to-foot-stance is 99% of the battle man... I only gave him a "decent", and I surf a lot :lol: :LOL:

Pat6969":1jj4yyiv said:
swamptrashstompboxes":1jj4yyiv said:
Beyond Black":1jj4yyiv said:
Love these threads with a bunch of weekend wankers criticizing Kirk Hammett. I guess having the time to post here constantly degrading Hammett tells the true story. :thumbsdown:
What, he’s above criticism because he’s in Metallica? I’ve actually improved on guitar over the last 30 years, unlike him, and I work a full time job. And for the record, I dig his playing on the first four albums. And there’s plenty of “weekend wankers” on this forum that could take him to school. Fame does not equate skill or immunity from criticism.

Ah yes, the weekend warrior that could school the pro. Lol. For fuck sakes, the guy made some great albums, played his ass off, grew up, had a family, raised his kids, and still juggled his career. You keep wanking in the basement, criticizing Kirk, and hope to be as successful one day.

Yes he has had a lot of successful albums. Yes he is internationally known. He is no different than anyone else. He was in the right place at the right time and got lucky. Just like it would be for any of us.

To be honest he hit his peak thirty years ago. I know a lot of people who could out play him, one or two in person, and I gotta be honest, I have heard some really good clips on here.

I also have another point. Kirk Hammett can out play me as far as his riffs, but I don't think kirk could out play me with my style. I am not a God, and neither is he. He has his own style and that is great at it. I am not into imitation, I have my own stuff going on, blends from everything and most of us do. I don't think that kirk can out play saw zakk wylde at his game nor the other way around.

Is he talented, yes, but still grossly overrated.

Funny thing is I’ve never heard him referred to as a virtuoso. I also doubt he was in the right place at the right time. After Mustaine got the boot, they chose KH to be their new lead player, and I’m sure that wasn’t based on his chops alone. I see KH as a likeable and respectful guy, not one of those guys that sits in the front row with his arms crossed waiting to pick apart a missed note or botched sweep.

I don’t see many threads slamming Zakk Wilde for his overuse of pinch harmonics, to the point it makes me wanna puke. IMO he’s a pentatonic hack that uses wah and pinch harmonics to cover up the fact that he sucks. That being said, I don’t start threads about it.

Just sayin’.
First off all, Zakk gets slammed plenty around here. Where’ve you been? Oh yeah, 68 posts....
Secondly, Zakk is a pentatonic hack that uses wah to cover up the fact that he sucks? Really? You spelled “Kirk” wrong!!! :thumbsup:

Beyond Black":1yse288f said:
Pat6969":1yse288f said:
swamptrashstompboxes":1yse288f said:
Beyond Black":1yse288f said:
Love these threads with a bunch of weekend wankers criticizing Kirk Hammett. I guess having the time to post here constantly degrading Hammett tells the true story. :thumbsdown:
What, he’s above criticism because he’s in Metallica? I’ve actually improved on guitar over the last 30 years, unlike him, and I work a full time job. And for the record, I dig his playing on the first four albums. And there’s plenty of “weekend wankers” on this forum that could take him to school. Fame does not equate skill or immunity from criticism.

Ah yes, the weekend warrior that could school the pro. Lol. For fuck sakes, the guy made some great albums, played his ass off, grew up, had a family, raised his kids, and still juggled his career. You keep wanking in the basement, criticizing Kirk, and hope to be as successful one day.

Yes he has had a lot of successful albums. Yes he is internationally known. He is no different than anyone else. He was in the right place at the right time and got lucky. Just like it would be for any of us.

To be honest he hit his peak thirty years ago. I know a lot of people who could out play him, one or two in person, and I gotta be honest, I have heard some really good clips on here.

I also have another point. Kirk Hammett can out play me as far as his riffs, but I don't think kirk could out play me with my style. I am not a God, and neither is he. He has his own style and that is great at it. I am not into imitation, I have my own stuff going on, blends from everything and most of us do. I don't think that kirk can out play saw zakk wylde at his game nor the other way around.

Funny thing is I’ve never heard him referred to as a virtuoso. I also doubt he was in the right place at the right time. After Mustaine got the boot, they chose KH to be their new lead player, and I’m sure that wasn’t based on his chops alone. I see KH as a likeable and respectful guy, not one of those guys that sits in the front row with his arms crossed waiting to pick apart a missed note or botched sweep.

I don’t see many threads slamming Zakk Wilde for his overuse of pinch harmonics, to the point it makes me wanna puke. IMO he’s a pentatonic hack that uses wah and pinch harmonics to cover up the fact that he sucks. That being said, I don’t start threads about it.

Just sayin’.
First off all, Zakk gets slammed plenty around here. Where’ve you been? Oh yeah, 68 posts....
Secondly, Zakk is a pentatonic hack that uses wah to cover up the fact that he sucks? Really? You spelled “Kirk” wrong!!! :thumbsup:

It’s like trying to talk to my teenage daughters.

I think Kirk handled this very well. He could’ve thrown a tantrum, but he didn’t...at least in front of the crowd. Say what you will about his playing, but these dudes are still the definition of professionalism while still getting their chuggas in their damn near sixties. Still and will always love these dudes. Falling onstage sucks, but when that shit happens in front of 50,000 ppl (or whatever it was), it’s all about the recovery. Could you imagine how bad that shit would’ve been in the alcoholica days?!! Kirk showed some great sportsmanship.

Pat6969":1xrc8pql said:

Just sayin’.

Zakk sucks? he`s a complete artist : great composer, can play piano, acustic guitar, sing and pinch harmonics

damn the Kirk and Zakk hate is so funny, who next? Kerry King maybe

For what it's worth zakk was just the first thing to pop into my head. He overuses pinch harmonics criminally. But he is still a very talented musician, and not just at guitar.

I am not hating on anyone, 80's Metallica is phenomenal, it's after that I lost interest.

I saw Metallica a few years ago and they put on a hell of a good show.

Pat6969":2dpsidsc said:
I don’t see many threads slamming Zakk Wilde for his overuse of pinch harmonics,

clearly you havent been forum'ing long

Pat6969":x9sw8mo7 said:
Beyond Black":x9sw8mo7 said:
swamptrashstompboxes":x9sw8mo7 said:
Beyond Black":x9sw8mo7 said:

Just sayin’.

It’s like trying to talk to my teenage daughters.
Why’s that, do they also poke holes in your arguments?

Pat6969":rzfwowfl said:
LPMojoGL":rzfwowfl said:
Pat6969":rzfwowfl said:

I know, right.
This forum is some kind of monster.

I was thinking it’s more like jealousy is the monster.

Folks may be envious of the things that go along with fortune and fame, but I seriously doubt that anyone is jealous of Kirk's skill set.
Kirk has some major weaknesses in his playing, and his overuse of whammy makes them all the more noticeable. Most of us have some of the same weaknesses when we are starting out, and work to overcome them. Kirk has the means to study with a different world class teacher every day of the week, but has chosen to remain at the same level of musicianship he was at when he began his career.
Kirk seems like a nice guy, and good for him that he is successful. Doesn't change the fact that his playing is amateurish . He may be well loved by fans, but so are Miley Cyrus , and Nikki Menage.
Picking on Kirk is good clean fun. Please stop trying to spoil that for the rest of us.

voodooradio1":2e5vqus0 said:
Pat6969":2e5vqus0 said:
LPMojoGL":2e5vqus0 said:
Pat6969":2e5vqus0 said:

I know, right.
This forum is some kind of monster.

I was thinking it’s more like jealousy is the monster.

Folks may be envious of the things that go along with fortune and fame, but I seriously doubt that anyone is jealous of Kirk's skill set.
Kirk has some major weaknesses in his playing, and his overuse of whammy makes them all the more noticeable. Most of us have some of the same weaknesses when we are starting out, and work to overcome them. Kirk has the means to study with a different world class teacher every day of the week, but has chosen to remain at the same level of musicianship he was at when he began his career.
Kirk seems like a nice guy, and good for him that he is successful. Doesn't change the fact that his playing is amateurish . He may be well loved by fans, but so are Miley Cyrus , and Nikki Menage.
Picking on Kirk is good clean fun. Please stop trying to spoil that for the rest of us.

Fill yer boots. I know there are a ton of basement shredders that are legends in there neighbourhood, I didn’t think they’d be jealous of his playing.

It appears (in the vid anyway) that Kirk cares about it less than most :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:
He handled it like a pro, you gotta give him some for that

Back