Knives, Machetes, Swords, and other cutlery

Yes! Here's the rundown:
- Misono UX10 in the kitchen
- ShivWorks (El Nino) while running
- Head Hunter Rat for CCW
- Black Triangle in non-permissive envis 😏

I'm not really into knives. I carry this in the city.
IMG_4353.jpeg

Looks like a killer blade. Like a good camp knife for finer tasks, Nice.

It has a lot of advantages over the Anonimous I bought a few months ago. Specifically with things that need more precision and control. The jimping and retention nubs on the spine are nice features. An overall excellent hunting knife by all accounts. Considerably more svelte than the Anonimous. I like S30V.

It has a lot of advantages over the Anonimous I bought a few months ago. Specifically with things that need more precision and control. The jimping and retention nubs on the spine are nice features. An overall excellent hunting knife by all accounts. Considerably more svelte than the Anonimous. I like S30V.
S30V=great blade steel. Have you looked at any of the new magnacut stuff? Seems to be the rage right now...

S30V=great blade steel. Have you looked at any of the new magnacut stuff? Seems to be the rage right now...
I have. In fact I was actually looking for something in Magnacut or the M390MK when I ran across the Steep Country at a good price. My feeling is that the advantages of M390MK over regular Boehler M390 is something probably just being hyped up by Marfione, but I wouldn't mind checking it out for myself. I have a Microtech UTX-85 in M390 and it is excellent steel. The Magnacut by all accounts is the real shit though so I will be checking some out ASAP.

As you know the Anonimous I got a while back is the CPM CruWear and so far I am pretty impressed with it too. I have several Benchmades in S30V though and it has excellent edge retention even through moderate/hard use. I have an Osbourne Barrage in CPM 154 and it's ok, but nowhere near as nice as S30V/S90V, though it is easier to sharpen.

I have. In fact I was actually looking for something in Magnacut or the M390MK when I ran across the Steep Country at a good price. My feeling is that the advantages of M390MK over regular Boehler M390 is something probably just being hyped up by Marfione, but I wouldn't mind checking it out for myself. I have a Microtech UTX-85 in M390 and it is excellent steel. The Magnacut by all accounts is the real shit though so I will be checking some out ASAP.

As you know the Anonimous I got a while back is the CPM CruWear and so far I am pretty impressed with it too. I have several Benchmades in S30V though and it has excellent edge retention even through moderate/hard use. I have an Osbourne Barrage in CPM 154 and it's ok, but nowhere near as nice as S30V/S90V, though it is easier to sharpen.
It's a great time for knife steel right now, some really amazing stuff has come out the last few years. Metallurgy is amazing.

Those Microtechs are awesome, just a little steep for my budget. About the best OTF knife out there.

I was looking at AGA Campolin stilettos on Blade HQ last night to see if they ever got a Bat in stock. I really want one of those even though it's more a conversation piece than a daily use knife. Too big to carry legally at the bar but damn is that a sweet looking blade. Every single AGA blade, including the Zero I bought a few months back, is sold out there.

It's a great time for knife steel right now, some really amazing stuff has come out the last few years. Metallurgy is amazing.

Those Microtechs are awesome, just a little steep for my budget. About the best OTF knife out there.

I was looking at AGA Campolin stilettos on Blade HQ last night to see if they ever got a Bat in stock. I really want one of those even though it's more a conversation piece than a daily use knife. Too big to carry legally at the bar but damn is that a sweet looking blade. Every single AGA blade, including the Zero I bought a few months back, is sold out there.
Have you checked out Blade Ops ? I have bought dozens of knives from them.

As far as OTFs, It is definitely hard to beat Microtech. Unfortunately their OTFs are the only knives they have that interest me in the least. Benchmade has a lot of cool designs so I ended up with a lot more of those. I'd like a Benchmade Infidel and I may get one eventually, but it's hard to justify when I already own several decent defensive type OTFs. My Microtech is a drop point, which is infinitely more useful day to day.

AGA has an interesting history and a lot of cool knives. I have several switchblades which sport the original design, although they are knock offs for sure. One I got from my dad and he's had it since the 50s. I'm not sure who made it, but it's pretty cool.

That's a hard to find blade right there. And not cheap if you can find it either. An heirloom piece brother, very nice and thanks for sharing brother.

Have you checked out Blade Ops ?
No I haven't. But I will. Thanks!

AGA has an interesting history and a lot of cool knives. I have several switchblades which sport the original design, although they are knock offs for sure. One I got from my dad and he's had it since the 50s. I'm not sure who made it, but it's pretty cool.
Your pops blade is likely a good one from when all Italian knives were actually made in Italy. The Frank B stuff seems to carry the highest premium right now but most of the sweetest models whether it's a Frank or an AGA are always sold out constantly.

That's a hard to find blade right there. And not cheap if you can find it either. An heirloom piece brother, very nice and thanks for sharing brother.

No I haven't. But I will. Thanks!

Your pops blade is likely a good one from when all Italian knives were actually made in Italy. The Frank B stuff seems to carry the highest premium right now but most of the sweetest models whether it's a Frank or an AGA are always sold out constantly.
When I was a kid he took the spring out of it. Back then switchblades were illegal and he was worried I'd fuck with it. And he now has no idea what happened to the spring. I don't know if you've ever tried to find a spring for a switchblade with no markings on it, but it's pretty much impossible.

When I was a kid he took the spring out of it. Back then switchblades were illegal and he was worried I'd fuck with it. And he now has no idea what happened to the spring. I don't know if you've ever tried to find a spring for a switchblade with no markings on it, but it's pretty much impossible.
You could post a few pics over at blade forums and see if anyone recognizes any particulars about the knife. It's possible some stiletto nut could give you some insight or even point you in the direction of possible springs that would work. I dunno, just an idea. Kind of screwed if you can't get an idea of the maker.

You could post a few pics over at blade forums and see if anyone recognizes any particulars about the knife. It's possible some stiletto nut could give you some insight or even point you in the direction of possible springs that would work. I dunno, just an idea. Kind of screwed if you can't get an idea of the maker.
The blade says Japan Stainless. God only knows.

Take a look at a knife called the Sentinel by a company called "Stand Watch Knives". It's pretty fucking slick. S35VN fixed blade. They're never in stock on any of their knives so you have to follow them on social media to know when they get a batch done. I wanna say $350 range.

The blade says Japan Stainless. God only knows.

Take a look at a knife called the Sentinel by a company called "Stand Watch Knives". It's pretty fucking slick. S35VN fixed blade. They're never in stock on any of their knives so you have to follow them on social media to know when they get a batch done. I wanna say $350 range.
So it's a japanese knockoff of a stiletto no doubt made before cheaper stilettos became MIC stuff. There's gotta be a spring for that out there that can work.

That Sentinel is a nice knife but for that money I want G10 for the scales not wood. Also in that 350-400 range there are quite a few comparable blades to choose from. Regardless that is a bit too rich for my blood right now since all my fun money has been going into a sportster. I been buying a new "sentinel" for that thing every month lately, lol. But it's july so that means time to stop spending and start socking some tax money away for the state of Texas come january.

Back