Knives, Machetes, Swords, and other cutlery

So it's a japanese knockoff of a stiletto no doubt made before cheaper stilettos became MIC stuff. There's gotta be a spring for that out there that can work.

That Sentinel is a nice knife but for that money I want G10 for the scales not wood. Also in that 350-400 range there are quite a few comparable blades to choose from. Regardless that is a bit too rich for my blood right now since all my fun money has been going into a sportster. I been buying a new "sentinel" for that thing every month lately, lol. But it's july so that means time to stop spending and start socking some tax money away for the state of Texas come january.
They'll do them in G10. It is expensive though.

If I knew what the original spring looked like it would probably help.

I've been carrying the Steep Country a few weeks now and it's great. Small, light, easy to conceal. The sheath that came with it works just fine with a pair of straps through it. The edge is very nice. Must be their fancy new Elite Edge or whatever the fuck they call it. It basically means they actually honed it a little after sharpening it on a belt sander. In any case I've used it for many every day cutting tasks and it is still shave ready and will push cut. S30V which I like a lot. M390 or CruWear is probably better, but my S30V knives seem sharper from the factory. None has needed anything more than a touch up on a ceramic rod yet though.

I've been carrying the Steep Country a few weeks now and it's great. Small, light, easy to conceal. The sheath that came with it works just fine with a pair of straps through it. The edge is very nice. Must be their fancy new Elite Edge or whatever the fuck they call it. It basically means they actually honed it a little after sharpening it on a belt sander. In any case I've used it for many every day cutting tasks and it is still shave ready and will push cut. S30V which I like a lot. M390 or CruWear is probably better, but my S30V knives seem sharper from the factory. None has needed anything more than a touch up on a ceramic rod yet though.
S30v is really good knife steel and that is a pretty nice daily carry knife you have, def nicer than mine. I use my discounted 50 dollar beater Condor desert romper for day to day. 1075 but easy sharpening and nothing near and dear to my heart. I'll dig up weeds with it and then cut my steak later, lol. I think I mentioned making a little scout carry arrangement for it so it's outta the way cause I hate a dangler and fixed to the belt often digs in to you or into the ground if you are doing lots of bending down and manual work. I have been impressed with condor's factory sheath on that particular knife though. It's thick leather and still has good retention in scout carry after two or three years of regular use. For 50 bucks I couldn't go wrong esp with the micarta but it looks like they want 80 bucks now. I got a bunch of Condor stuff when SMKW was blowing them out.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Condor-Desert-Romper-Fixed-Blade--68105

I finally got the mini torx drivers for that Campolin zero the other day and tightened the pocket clip, lol. I lubed up the knife and worked it real good and it wasn't opening all the way consistently, so I made a real small turn on the pivot screw and now it opens with a vengeance and still locks up tight. I think it might've been just a little tight from the factory. I really like that knife though

S30v is really good knife steel and that is a pretty nice daily carry knife you have, def nicer than mine. I use my discounted 50 dollar beater Condor desert romper for day to day. 1075 but easy sharpening and nothing near and dear to my heart. I'll dig up weeds with it and then cut my steak later, lol. I think I mentioned making a little scout carry arrangement for it so it's outta the way cause I hate a dangler and fixed to the belt often digs in to you or into the ground if you are doing lots of bending down and manual work. I have been impressed with condor's factory sheath on that particular knife though. It's thick leather and still has good retention in scout carry after two or three years of regular use. For 50 bucks I couldn't go wrong esp with the micarta but it looks like they want 80 bucks now. I got a bunch of Condor stuff when SMKW was blowing them out.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Condor-Desert-Romper-Fixed-Blade--68105

I finally got the mini torx drivers for that Campolin zero the other day and tightened the pocket clip, lol. I lubed up the knife and worked it real good and it wasn't opening all the way consistently, so I made a real small turn on the pivot screw and now it opens with a vengeance and still locks up tight. I think it might've been just a little tight from the factory. I really like that knife though
Blue LocTite on all carry clip screws.

My EDC at work is a $25 beater S&W. D2. Chinese I’m sure. I am hard on work knives.

That Condor looks pretty solid and you’re right, that sheath is perfect for EDC.

Back