Les Paul

• Thread starter Thread starter Exo-metal
  • Start date Start date
Exo-metal
Exo-metal
Do you own one or not? Personally I do not only because they never look good the way I want. This is how they all should look imo, anyone agree?

Screenshot_20240102-230413_Chrome.jpg

I currently own three. I never bought a guitar because of the way it looks. It's strictly a tool for me.
But there is guitars I probably would not even try because of the way they look.

I love em.

I've got a Gibson Standard in honeyburst, a chromed-out Epiphone Custom in black, and an Edwards Custom in cream. The Gibson has a Duncan Slash in the bridge and Alnico II Pro in the neck, the Epiphone has the Duncan Blackout For Metal in the bridge and the regular Blackout in the neck, and the Edwards has a brushed gold EMG 81/85 set.

I have a 2019 Standard, 2013 Classic, 2022 Studio and saving up to get a Les Paul Modern Lite. Les Pauls feel right to me but I'm starting to appreciate lighter ones.

Didn't always like them, but they've ended up as my go-to guitars. '16 Tribute T, 2x '01 Standards, 2x '85 Customs, and an '89 Studio. Will be looking for my first custom shop this year hopefully.

I used to play one all through the 90’s and early 2000’s. Haven’t had one since then. Just ended up with V’s instead, which I’ve grown to like a lot. I have a Junior. Wouldn‘t mind a LP standard but just never come across one that ticks the boxes of light weight, sexy and neck shape/frets.

I have a 2008 Standard gold top and the 2011 Custom Shop Lifeson Axcess. I am a PRS guy, but after playing the Lifeson with the Axcess heel I can see playing that much more. Looks are subjective to me - people have said it is a sin to have a Floyd on a Les Paul, but I really do like it.
IMG_8665.png

I have a 79 black Les Paul custom and previously a 81 in tobacco sunburst and a 74 in white. Still wish I had the 74 for the collection but the 79 sounded the best of the 3

I have a Gutierrez built replica from Tom Paul bones....somewhere. Everyone who has played says it kicks ass.

I liked GIbson Les Pauls when I was a kid...

My first real guitar, when I was a kid was a new '78 Gibson Les Paul Custom, black with gold hardware. Purchased from Brian Guitars in New Haven, CT.

My guitar teacher at the time worked there, and when I was there in the store looking at guitars, some dude with long black hair came into the store, my guitar teacher asked if I knew who that was, I said no; he said, that's Paul Stanley from Kiss, wanna meet him?

IDK if I had my future custom or another guitar when I met Paul, who asked what's your favorite Kiss song or something like that, I said Hotter than Hell, he took the guitar and played a riff from the song and said he had to run...

No more Gibsons for me since then; my choice for a two humbucker, hardtail, solid body electric guitar: Ibanez PS models.

Coincidence?

My PS10 on the right, with one of my PS 60:

New-PS10.JPG

Back