Les Paul

• Thread starter Thread starter Exo-metal
  • Start date Start date
Here's a few I enjoy out of the bunch:
Family.jpg

Have 4, this is an older picture. '07 Silverburst Custom, '91 Black Custom, '98 Black Standard which is my main Paul and a '99 Classic Premium. The classic has a great top but really can't see it here.

The Black Custom now has an uncovered aged Tone Nerd PSykes in the bridge and the Silverburst has a uncovered 500T in the bridge replacing the covered 500T. I just like the sound of uncovered buckers which is a whole discussion unto itself. The Black Standard is the best sounding guitar I own and arguable the best I've ever owned. Right there with my long gone 80's ESP Horizon that like a fool I sold. Second best sounding of the bunch is the Black Custom but it's by far the heaviest guitar I own weighing a little more than my one of my PRS's Tremonti's. I've debated selling the Wine Red Classic as it has a slim taper neck which I don't get on with anymore but it's a fine looking guitar.

IMG_1444.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty cool comparison of two vintage Lesters, a ‘58 burst and an earlier GT along with an early 60s 335 for good measure. Timestamped to the comp.

Guys since its a les paul thread.... i would like to ask which would it be a better deal?

I have been gassing the 3PU black beauty 57 with the classic gibson pickup and have found to be in good weight about 10lbs in my opinion ...its in pristine condition a 2000 era so no available cert and cost round 5.5 grand

Where i have another R9 which has a damn tight flame top in cherry red burst? Weights 9lbs and its a 2008 era condition is mint but didnt have the original certificate, plays a set of burst buckers.... asking 4.6grand

I do play "shred" rock and metal... pickup wise i could always upgrade but for the availability and rarity i am pretty much vexed... i already have a black beauty 2001 era but its not non 3PU and i thought it be cool to have one in 3PU....

The other is the rarity of the R9 with the superb tight flame in cherry red... but no cert...

Which is a better deal ?

Last edited:
Guys since its a les paul thread.... i would like to ask which would it be a better deal?

I have been gassing the 3PU black beauty 57 with the classic gibson pickup and have found to be in good weight about 10lbs in my opinion ...its in pristine condition a 2000 era so no available cert and cost round 5.5 grand

Where i have another R9 which has a damn tight flame top in cherry red burst? Weights 9lbs and its a 2008 era condition is mint but didnt have the original certificate, plays a set of burst buckers....

I do play "shred" rock and metal... pickup wise i could always upgrade but for the availability and rarity i am pretty much vexed... i already have a black beauty 2001 era but its not non 3PU and i thought it be cool to have one in 3PU....

The other is the rarity of the R9 with the superb tight flame in cherry red... but no cert...

Which is a better deal ?
The one that speaks to you

The one that speaks to you

I hold both as equally appealing... but i probably think the R9 speaks better as i already have a BB 57 two hum... i have no idea with the extra middle pickup would sound drastic... cause am buying online from aboard so have no chace of testing it... only would judge from its look and weight...

I just thought i would ever getta chance to getta R9 with such flame intensity...

Couple of "monster neck" R9's and an earlier R7 with chunky neck. Good go to's when I feel like playing drop tuning or not wanting to mess around with my Floyds. All bridge pickups replaced with Suhr Aldrich.

IMG_2011[1].jpg

Where i have another R9 which has a damn tight flame top in cherry red burst? Weights 9lbs and its a 2008 era condition is mint but didnt have the original certificate, plays a set of burst buckers.... asking 4.6grand

Which is a better deal ?
Fuck it. Buy both. YOLO Bro, and the coin can be made up eventually.... Just do it.

Predominately a Les Paul player here. In the first picture there’s two ‘59 reissues, both with Rewind pickups and harnesses (one with a set of A4s and the other with an A2 bridge / A3 neck). I’ve since taken the covers off / exposed the double creams on the lemon burst. In the second, there’s a well worn ‘73 Custom with T-Tops and a CS Special.
IMG_6714.jpeg

IMG_6112.jpeg

Fuck it. Buy both. YOLO Bro, and the coin can be made up eventually.... Just do it.
Lol @Ventura i think i set my sights on the R9 2006 era cherry red burst with a very tight flame top dont think i get such an intensity on the flame and the burst is very gradual but it weights slightly lighter at 9lbs 2 oz... about 4.1kg...

Lol @Ventura i think i set my sights on the R9 2006 era cherry red burst with a very tight flame top dont think i get such an intensity on the flame and the burst is very gradual but it weights slightly lighter at 9lbs 2 oz... about 4.1kg...
I'd still get both. I'm a sucker for triple pup '57 Black Beauties. And I actually own an authentic all original vintage '57 triple pup BB, but still buy HQ RIs when I see one. But if that Burst speaks to ya, get it (but just Know the BB will be whispering in yer ear like a horny mistress 😜)

I've owned many over my many years. I am strictly an SG guy now, though I have an Ibanez and a couple of Schecters which are great too.
Pix is my 07.

Attachments

• FRONT-NEW.jpg
    FRONT-NEW.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 18

Back