Les Paul

• Thread starter Thread starter Exo-metal
  • Start date Start date
Only ones that fill my desires View attachment 277209

A Silverburst and a goldtop Custom are in my holy grail book. I‘m not a fan of gold tops in general and I only have an interest in the darker/more orange-y ones with lots of sparkle, I’m not a fan of that tan/brown “gold”, I don’t care if I gotta buy a new Edwards and have it re-finished, but I’m getting some variant of a silverburst and goldtop on an LPC before I die.

I had zero interest in Les Pauls until last year. Not even sure what bug bit me or why, I just remember one day thinking “I should get a Les Paul” and then went down the MIJ rabbit hole, coming back out with an Orville and Edwards I’ve posted a bunch in the last year.

IMG_3313.jpeg

While I’m not a fan of the tiny ass frets on the Orville (left), it’s easily one of the best sounding guitars I’ve ever had my hands on. That thing does the Spinal Tap sustain and just has this air around the notes that I’ve only heard in one of my Strats. I wanted to keep that one in standard and use it for rock/hard rock stuff, but a couple months ago it went down to D-standard and has been getting used on everything I record if it’s got a heavy rhythm sound.

I love the Edwards but I’m back in my “Fuck EMG’s” mode again. I’ve never experienced pickups that have me either loving them or absolutely hating them the way I do the 81/85 set.

Played a LP for a long time, till I got an Anderson Hollow Cobra…now LP’s are just awkward for me to play. Bought a Special awhile back, cause it sounds great. Still awkward to play.

I've got a love/hate thing with LP's, and sold the last one I had a year or so ago. Ran across this el' cheapo in a pawn shop for $125, so I picked it up just to have an LP type guitar in the stable. Plays surprisingly decent after a set up, and scratches that Les Paul itch but it ain't gonna convince me to buy another real Gibson.

IMG_20240101_120313391.jpg

spGxIV7l.jpg
SUKQ7m1l.jpg
HFIlj1nl.jpg
8oPpLfNl.jpg

I have a few. I love them, but I've moved to ESP Eclipses, mostly.
That white Gibson LPC with EMGs is absolutely hot af. I want an alpine white but I can’t pay the RR markup they command these days. So I settled for an Edwards LPC.

…If you decide to sell it let me know 😂

I had one years ago, that I foolishly sold.

I'll buy another one day, when I find one that I fall in love with for a price I'm willing to pay, at a time when I have the money. Unfortunately my taste has gotten more expensive as prices have gone up, I'll probably have to pony up a good $4k and find one locally.

I've always been a super-stray guy, but about 6 years ago I tried a different shape and went with a PRS CE24. Really liked that so a couple years ago I bought my first Gibson Les Paul at a guitar show. A Traditional. But never play it. Just feels bulky and awkward to me. I really should spend more time with it and see if it can grow on me.

IMG_0354.jpeg

Only two at the moment. A 2016 Traditional and a '79 Custom.

6DYjfe.jpeg
I pretty much got your counterparts, but from Burny (MIJ).
I sold a few, but still got my 2 Customs ('83 Randy Rhoads and the black '87 one) and a sort of 'Kossoff' Standard.
I did replace pretty much all hardware, pickups, electronics, etc....so the Black Custom went from its original worn gold covers (picture below on Japanese carpet ;-) ) to a time when I had it loaded with GFS Crunchy PAT and Vintage '59 PAF with new gold covers...to its current state, with just black (cover-less) DiMarzios. Super D+36th Anniv. PAF neck.

Attachments

• Marshall wall.JPG
    Marshall wall.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Burny Black.jpg
    Burny Black.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Burny RLG 001.JPG
    Burny RLG 001.JPG
    365.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7469.JPG
    IMG_7469.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 28
I pretty much got your counterparts, but from Burny (MIJ).
I sold a few, but still got my 2 Customs ('83 Randy Rhoads and the black '87 one) and a sort of 'Kossoff' Standard.
I did replace pretty much all hardware, pickups, electronics, etc....so the Black Custom went from its original worn gold covers (picture below on Japanese carpet ;-) ) to a time when I had it loaded with GFS Crunchy PAT and Vintage '59 PAF with new gold covers...to its current state, with just black (cover-less) DiMarzios. Super D+36th Anniv. PAF neck.

They look great!

Back