Lets see yer FULL STACKS

• Thread starter Thread starter shar-vell Dan
  • Start date Start date
Pancakes-featured.jpg

If it identifies as a gig, it must be. 😁

A 4-12 cab is like Bigfoot around here…rare sightings.
I will reserve judgement. I have never had a 2x12 or 1x12. Maybe they do the same thing? For me, i dont have a problem lifting a 4x12. I dont gig, so i can understand doing combo if you do.

But i cant see for a bedroom guitarist caring about the weight of a 4x12

I will reserve judgement. I have never had a 2x12 or 1x12. Maybe they do the same thing? For me, i dont have a problem lifting a 4x12. I dont gig, so i can understand doing combo if you do.

But i cant see for a bedroom guitarist caring about the weight of a 4x12
I was being a bit sarcastic in my original post. Always used at least two 4-12’s forever. Now it is either one or two 2-12’s. Still have 5 4-12’s that rarely get used.
Most guys around here just use modelers, but also not so much full bands play either…mostly singles and duos with backing tracks. Nothing wrong with that, just the way it has been.

I was being a bit sarcastic in my original post. Always used at least two 4-12’s forever. Now it is either one or two 2-12’s. Still have 5 4-12’s that rarely get used.
Most guys around here just use modelers, but also not so much full bands play either…mostly singles and duos with backing tracks. Nothing wrong with that, just the way it has been.
Do the 2x12s do the same thing?

i used to use full stacks in VFW's and smaller clubs, it was more to get the sound over the audience though when unmic'd, the big clubs though i just used a half more so to not annoy anyone with setup times and whatnot.

Reactions: rsm

Back