Loudness- "Thunder in the East"

• Thread starter Thread starter Joey B.
  • Start date Start date
Its been 5 years * yikes.
I remember that, doesn't seem that long.

Killer release. Love Akiras tone and playing. Classic for sure.

He actually has his own model guitar. Killer. They are pretty cool too.

‘Devil Soldier’ is still a go to for me 40 or so years later....I can still sing along with all the “lyrics” even though I don’t have a clue what the singer is saying, well everything but “oh baby” 😂

Love, love, love me some Loudness. I learned most of Thunder back in high school, though never mastered most of those solos. I saw them open for AC/DC on the Who Made Who tour. I was so blown away. Saw Akira play at the ESP booth/suite at NAMM a while back and, while he had the place packed to capacity and got a thunderous applause when he walked in, I was left kind of underwhelmed. Still love his tone and playing. Total guitar hero.

Saw them with Stryper and TNT in NY. Akira had 3 Boogie stacks and a rack. His solo spot was epic! He sounded great with just about any amp he played thru.

Love 'em as well, and the Soldier of Fortune album is one of my favs as well.
But on the Lightning Strikes album, there's the '1000 eyes' song, which has such an awesome riff:

Has that Michael Anthony-esque pumping quarter notes bassline, that makes you pump your fist! 🤘

I still jam some Loudness it regular, awesome stuff. Love ‘em. Thunder in the East is awesome all the way through, but a bad song anywhere.

I took this from the 3rd row at MSG 1985, when Loudness opened for Motley Crue.
He was always awesome!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1614472859525.jpg
    FB_IMG_1614472859525.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 33
Love 'em as well, and the Soldier of Fortune album is one of my favs as well.
But on the Lightning Strikes album, there's the '1000 eyes' song, which has such an awesome riff:

Has that Michael Anthony-esque pumping quarter notes bassline, that makes you pump your fist! 🤘

Lightning Strikes is a killer album. Some great, straight ahead rock tunes, but that record also has songs like "Complication" and "Who Knows", which have some really cool progressive elements as well. The guitar tones on that whole album are epic.

The OP started this thread about Thunder in the East, not Lightning Strikes, but I wanna leave this here anyway. What a great band.

Back