Luxxtone vs chubtone

• Thread starter Thread starter Exo-metal
  • Start date Start date
I'd bet the aged nitro Charvel CS you got recently would win. Hard to rival for SS's

Why chubtone better then? I am curious now 😂
I think there isn’t any competition for a USA made guitar that fully customizable in the Chubtone price range. That’s my top overall pick. Every Luxxtone I’ve picked up have among the best necks and fretwork I’ve ever experienced, a used Luxxtone is more than a new Chubtone in many cases. It’s all relative.

Last edited:
Better go with both just to be safe! :rock:
You win the internet
1716907502546.png

That's the one to blame for another ss, you would be correct it's that good.
I had 3 aged nitro’s at one point and sold my other Charvel’s. Hard to go back to less lively sounding poly or oil finish SS’s after. If it weren’t for the Marchione’s I would’ve kept 1 or 2 of them

Chubtone is easily the best bang for the buck. Custom shop, US made SS for 2k. No one can compete with that. It's absolutely stupid that anyone would pay almost that for a Chinese made LTD. But I digress.
Luxxtones are killer; I've never heard/read a bad thing about them. But they will be twice the price of the Chub. Chubtones are basically Charvel Customs as they are built/spec'd by guys who worked/ordered for Charvel.
Can't go wrong with either.

Ive never tried a Luxxtone and would like to. I have two chubtones, a gibson LP classic, a mayones duvell, Aviator Spitfire, and now a Jackson Concept series Rhoads. I pickup the Chubtone 99.999 out of 100 times when I'm playing. I have an explorer and a super strat and Im adding a star this year. Only thing I think of I would want different from them as far as a super strat is maybe a thinner neck as an option and 24 frets. Having said that, I absolutely love them and when I start itching for a new guitar they are my first thought.

Also that flame tele that they keep posting is a goddamned beauty . I would love to have that one.

I have two Chubtones, they are both fantastic. I'll just say this much, I think your options are "more" unlimited with Chubtone. Other than their 3 neck styles, if you can come up with an idea they can do it. I know in checking with some other builders I couldn't do some things that I wanted as the general body and routes were what they were. Example, I wanted a strat with a pickguard but the input jack on the side...that wasn't an issue with Chubtone. I've played Xotic, Luxx, Suhr...all fantastic as well but the Chubs are at the least just as good, in some cases better. I freaking love this one. This and my Tremonti are the only two guitars I've played for months now.

405926533_18310970911117657_5241249414964598657_n.jpg

I have 7 Luxxtones and I can’t imagine that there’s anything better for my personal tastes. The necks are just amazing and Jerry’s fretwork is second to none. Not knocking Curt or Chubtone because he’s making a really great guitar regardless of the price point.

Back