Luxxtone vs chubtone

• Thread starter Thread starter Exo-metal
  • Start date Start date
My “hate Floyds…today” moods were based on tone and occasional weird overtones on certain strings. Across multiple Floyd’s. I love the tuning stability. But now I’ve changed my picking hand and those tuners are in the way. I might try a Gotoh since the tuners are tilted back.
The Gotoh helps. One of my Chubs has the Floyd, the one pictured above has the Gotoh. I'll eventually replace the Floyd on the other one but not in any rush.

The tuners are still there but you do have some more room and it is more comfortable for me. Again though obviously nothing like the PRS's trems that I got used to. So smooth, low profile on those but you are not alone when it comes to the Floyd and why I had the guys put on the Gotoh for my second build.

End came out better than I could have ever hoped for. Scottosan's pickups in it was the icing on the cake. I bought my second one shortly after and it looks and plays perfect. Both times the finished product came out better than what I had in my head. As far as resale value, you don't see many come up for sale so that's a good endorsement. My super strat I got from them rarely leaves my hands even though I have a couple really nice guitars(and more expensive). The turn around time, communication, etc. has also been top notch.
Same for me. The Sunburst super strat above came out 100% exactly as I wanted, I was shocked. Not that they couldn't do it but that it was literally exactly what I had envisioned in my head and had drawn up.

The idea for that guitar came from several things...Lynch's guitar in the Stars Video and an old Dean Markley string ad from the early 90's where they had a Charvel Strat leaning against a stool, then of course particular things I wanted like an ebony board. It's got Scottosan's Wicked 8 in the bridge and a high output Duncan in the neck. One Volume and One Tone with push pull tap, other knob is just a dummy knob - for looks.

Back