Mark IV or Triaxis

• Mark IV

Votes: 24 100.0%
  • Triaxis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
adam
adam
Basically to achieve similair petrucci tones. ive nailed it down to these 2.

Mark IV. I hate the TriAxis personally. The real Mark amps sound so much better.

Only reason i would get the Triaxis is the Rock Discipline DVD. and those tones are sex. Havent heard any Mark IV clips like it.

I haven't voted yet... for Petrucci Tones you can go with either... and by the way for great sounding Petrucci MK IV tones check out the Jordan Rudess/Petrucci CD.

If you want to do more than just cop Petrucci tones get the TriAxis. If you want to cop Petrucci tones and do more get the Mark IV (there's a slight difference in my wording).

Robotechnology":4fc72 said:
If you want to do more than just cop Petrucci tones get the TriAxis. If you want to cop Petrucci tones and do more get the Mark IV (there's a slight difference in my wording).

:?

Theres something i must clear up. Im not tryin to be like him or copy him. If i wanted to copy and be like him il get a Roadking. I simply heard some neck pickup singing type leads and i thought it sounded really really awesome. Like in the jordan rudess and Petrucci CD. also the same apply's to The crunches from early era. i know he used IIC+'s but i cant get one. Isnt that why the IIC+ are popular. cos they sound great. i dont want to sound or be a Petrucci Clone. But i love the sounds of the Mark IV and Triaxis.

adam":b151a said:
I simply heard some neck pickup singing type leads and i thought it sounded really really awesome.

It does, get a Mark IV! :wink: You won't regret, plus it can cop almost any other tone known to man pretty well if you want a change.

generalgrievous":ab8e9 said:
It does, get a Mark IV! :wink: You won't regret, plus it can cop almost any other tone known to man pretty well if you want a change.

Haha wats that "Mark IVC+" all about in your sig. Sounds familiar. 8)

adam":f102b said:
Haha wats that "Mark IVC+" all about in your sig. Sounds familiar. 8)

That's some funny shit man. 'I am so fat','I don't believe a word that comes out of his fat mouth'. I could qoute for days! :lol:
Sorry I never replied to your pm, any clips you want? My recording setup is basic though, so be warned no editing or anything. You want chugging, wanking, classic rock. Just let me know and I'll try and get some together when I get the chance. :wink:

:D Haha nice one.

Ok

Heres wat i want. Nice cleans just general cleans.
Nice crunches. High gain leads. Singing leads. just everything u can throw at me.:D

Thanks

Robotechnology":76a87 said:
Difference in wording yes, but the meaning is the same. I'm all about the subtleties of language but I don't know what the heck you're trying to say here. :?

tommythelurker":f6d94 said:
Difference in wording yes, but the meaning is the same. I'm all about the subtleties of language but I don't know what the heck you're trying to say here. :?

actually, he did say two different things here. the first sentence doesn't 'include' petrucci tones. the second one does. in other words, it was a deceptive way of saying that the triaxis won't get the petrucci tone, yet the mark iv will. (cheeky bastid. :D)

fwiw, i'll agree with him in that it's easier to grab his tones with the mark iv than the tri.

jeff

Robotechnology":ae187 said:

Ok this is my way of seeing it.

1st one: "If you want to get petrucci and do more get the triaxis."

2nd one: "If you want to copy petrucci tones and do more, get the Mark IV"

same thing. :?

Hey Adam... I have some fuel for your next Malmsteen video...

Growing up in Sweden, legendary guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen hated his nickname, according to Guitar World magazine. "At first I didn't think it was cool, because it seemed like every other male in Scandinavia was called Lars," Yngwie said. When he immigrated to the U.S. in 1983, the guitarist wasn't sure he wanted to use the moniker. "But once I started making a name for myself, I grew to like it," he said.

Its origins might have something to do with that. The name is derived from Frey, the Norse mythological god of fertility and weather, who was also known as Yng. "In Viking folklore, Frey is an erotic, virile figure." Malmsteen explained. "I remember seeing an illustration of him in some book, and he was depicted with a big fuckin' cock."

From http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=55689

Inearthed":67d22 said:
Hey Adam... I have some fuel for your next Malmsteen video...

From http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=55689

haha! Actually im moving it up. Im collaborating with a new guy, His video is shown in my Favourites on youtube.

If the mark IV can get these tones. Im SOLD! Especially the First solo. That crunch is awesome.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=8267384235298108577&q=john+petrucci+guitar+solo

Adam, I know what you mean. Petrucci's tone is damn good. He is also one of my larger inspirations

Hahaha, that one in your favorites is awesome....

I also really liked this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56TqnexgzIA

harry manback":9974a said:
actually, he did say two different things here. the first sentence doesn't 'include' petrucci tones. the second one does. in other words, it was a deceptive way of saying that the triaxis won't get the petrucci tone, yet the mark iv will. (cheeky bastid. :D)

fwiw, i'll agree with him in that it's easier to grab his tones with the mark iv than the tri.

jeff

oye ve :wink:

I'm saying if you want every boogie sound known to man (including Petrucci tones), get the TriAxis. If you want Petrucci tones and half the boogie tones known to man get the Mark IV. :)

I always hated JP's tone on Rock Discipline. It sounds so weak. However, the IV can get those tones, no problem. I'd use the R2 channel for that.

adam":08204 said:
If the mark IV can get these tones. Im SOLD! Especially the First solo. That crunch is awesome.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=8267384235298108577&q=john+petrucci+guitar+solo

Anyone?

Back