• Thread starter Thread starter adam
  • Start date Start date

Mark IV or Triaxis

• Mark IV

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Triaxis

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
People diss on the Triaxis all day long it's really weird. I have one since the mid 90s and it is a great piece of gear. I can understand user error may be a factor in all that hate because building a proper rack rig is not easy and can lead to all kinds of errors/mistakes/mishaps cause the final config to sound bad.

The tonestack is kinda fiddly. The dynamic voice (5-band graphic in one setting) is kinda overdone. Also the lack of rotary button and the somewhat tedious user interface with small membrane switches may well play a role in all that hate.

A Triaxis/2:90 rig is a thing of beauty and sounds so good. The only thing it cannot do properly is marshally tones. All the rest, almost any style (including Petrucci) is covered. I always feel the need to defend the Triaxis, even in necro-theads ! :love:

Late 90s I was involved with a band that used a Mark IV and a boosted DC-5. The DC-5 held its own quite easily against the IV. We use to love tweaking/recording tones right there in the rehearsal space which was a studio. That made me recognize how awesome the Caliber Series were. I have/had a few and anything to do with the Caliber lineage.

ThreadNecromacy.jpg

It took me reading the comment on how cheap the Quad Pre is on the used market to go Huh? And look at the dates on the posts 🤦‍♂️

…..still voted for a MKIV 😂

….and then got sad remembering what stuff cost in 2006 😔

Last edited:
Never played a Triaxis but played a Mark IV several times. I could see owning that amp.

Twas' cool to see all the old names and avatars.

Holy old thread Batman! 😱 I was able to compare 2:90/Triaxis and IV in a same room many many years ago and the Triaxis can get to the same ballpark as the IV tonewise but still the IV felt better under the fingers, You know? Triaxis felt stiffer for its feel. Also the GEQ is a million times better than the Dynamic Voice in Triaxis. Nonetheless Triaxis is an incredible preamp, IMO! 😎

That's the joke. :LOL:
Gotta love these zombie threads.

When was Rig-Talk started? I wonder if any of the mods can necromancy the first thread ever posted here?

@Monkey Man @JackBootedThug you have been tasked with a quest of great importance that may determine the fate of Rig-Talk.

I have some of history documented here:

Rig Talk History

And the oldest post I could find was April 2007. Based on the "Happy Birthday Rig-Talk" thread on July 3rd, 2007, my guess is that it was right around July 3rd 2006. @Bob Savage and @SgtThump may no more :dunno:

See here:

4khPV8w.jpg

Crazy to think that in less than 2 years this place will be 20 years old :lol:

The oldest post I found was from July of 2006 about an Agile LP NGD.
I like Agile.
Do I bump? :ROFLMAO:

Back