• Thread starter Thread starter adam
  • Start date Start date

Mark IV or Triaxis

• Mark IV

Votes: 29 96.7%
  • Triaxis

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
People diss on the Triaxis all day long it's really weird. I have one since the mid 90s and it is a great piece of gear. I can understand user error may be a factor in all that hate because building a proper rack rig is not easy and can lead to all kinds of errors/mistakes/mishaps cause the final config to sound bad.

The tonestack is kinda fiddly. The dynamic voice (5-band graphic in one setting) is kinda overdone. Also the lack of rotary button and the somewhat tedious user interface with small membrane switches may well play a role in all that hate.

A Triaxis/2:90 rig is a thing of beauty and sounds so good. The only thing it cannot do properly is marshally tones. All the rest, almost any style (including Petrucci) is covered. I always feel the need to defend the Triaxis, even in necro-theads ! :love:

Late 90s I was involved with a band that used a Mark IV and a boosted DC-5. The DC-5 held its own quite easily against the IV. We use to love tweaking/recording tones right there in the rehearsal space which was a studio. That made me recognize how awesome the Caliber Series were. I have/had a few and anything to do with the Caliber lineage.

ThreadNecromacy.jpg

Back