• Start date Start date

Marshalls Poo On Mesas

• Yes

Votes: 78 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldnt mind experiementing with a recto. Id put 34's in it, run it with the treble down and the presence up, mids around 6 or 7, bass around 3 or 4. I bet that would sound pretty cool. But generally, Marshalls for me please. Or tweed fenders.

i haven't tried any of the vintage marshalls, which I assume kick all kinds of ass, but mesa kick the living tripe out of the modern marshalls (bar the dsl head, I've only tried the combo, I hear the head's meant to be better).

:prost:

Best marshalls I've heard were modded. Best Mesa's I've heard were stock. Therefor NO. And I can get the best of both on a Mark IV (a mesa product)

Randy Van Sykes":3751c said:
philb":3751c said:
I love both, they have their application.
I dig both too...(the MK series stuff...is OK.) :wink:

LOL! well, I really like my single rectifier. Did you hear the jam I did with it on Bruce's Funky Jam?

^ how are the swineys, general? I have a feeling I recommended them to you...

:cheers:

Neither poo on each other. Actually, I generally would pick either over many other amps. Between the two they cover a load of ground, so if you can own both its even better!

dave_mc":e5756 said:
^ how are the swineys, general? I have a feeling I recommended them to you...

:cheers:

You ARE the same Dave_mc!!! :shock: :lol:

They rock! The condor is kinda jazzy, really smooth and even sounding, and the warthog just screams with loads of mid-range and is aggresive but still natural sounding. The in-between setting is great for a brighter clean tone too. Top pickups and easy to install, thanks for the recommendation!
How is Ultimate-Guitar? I haven't been there much lately. I got caught up in the drama at the HCAF! :lol: :shock:
Anything interesting going on there or just the usual 'I want to sound like Metallica for $300', not that there's anything wrong with those threads. :flucht:

i wont buy a mesa or marshall, theres plenty of people like splawn who can do the marshall thing better.

zao":ab20a said:
i wont buy a mesa or marshall, theres plenty of people like splawn who can do the marshall thing better.

That's a matter of opinion :?

Telephant":50808 said:
I wouldnt mind experiementing with a recto. Id put 34's in it, run it with the treble down and the presence up, mids around 6 or 7, bass around 3 or 4. I bet that would sound pretty cool. But generally, Marshalls for me please. Or tweed fenders.

Try a couple Single Rectos... :D

No joke. I've played a few that simply smoked. I liked them WAY better than the DRs and TRs... Not sure what is up with that.

generalgrievous":4713a said:
You ARE the same Dave_mc!!! :shock: :lol:

They rock! The condor is kinda jazzy, really smooth and even sounding, and the warthog just screams with loads of mid-range and is aggresive but still natural sounding. The in-between setting is great for a brighter clean tone too. Top pickups and easy to install, thanks for the recommendation!
How is Ultimate-Guitar? I haven't been there much lately. I got caught up in the drama at the HCAF! :lol: :shock:
Anything interesting going on there or just the usual 'I want to sound like Metallica for $300', not that there's anything wrong with those threads. :flucht:

yeah, I'm the same dave_mc- I had to adopt the "dave_mc_2" moniker over at HC as someone else got to "Dave_Mc" first... :(

But yeah, I like the swineys too- good description. :cheers:

Vrad":1e91f said:
Telephant":1e91f said:

No joke. I've played a few that simply smoked. I liked them WAY better than the DRs and TRs... Not sure what is up with that.
Who is this really?

Vrad":7e0d0 said:

After a little tweaking of the knobs, the DR owns it IMO. But I think the Single Rec is way better for cold gear tests in-store. GC has a nasty habit of switching their Duals into solid-state for no reason at all to demo, and then they don't tell you...it's annoying as crap. :x

Randy Van Sykes":23452 said:
Vrad":23452 said:
Telephant":23452 said:

Who is this really?

LOL!
I almost bought one before I bought my TSL100... :D

Back