Metallica + Pantera 2023-2024 World Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter 311splawndude
  • Start date Start date
A weekend trip? So with hotel, food, and travel you are now over $1,000. I'd rather them try to hit more cities then do 2 nights spaced out in less cities. And if I were to only go to one of the shows, which is what I'd probably do, I then have a 50% chance of not hearing some of the songs that I'm paying top dollar to hopefully hear. Does that make sense? Not picking on you RevD. And what do you bet the "Pantera" shows will be more sold than the 5FDP shows.

And what if we knew the set lists up front? Now I have to pick one show over another based on that and that would suck. I'm not 100% negative on this. If I got offered a ticket down the road for a good deal I might go, but this is not I HAVE to see this thing.

Now take all of this with a grain of salt because I'm paying $4,000 roughly to go on a 311 Cruise in March. :LOL:

I dunno brutha, I’m a single dude with no kids, so my perspective on stuff like this is skewed a bit more than others because I don’t have to think as much about travel costs and shit like that. For me, I’ll be taking a vacation that week and the show will come at the end of it, I always blow a bunch of money on vacations I normally wouldn’t. I mean, people drop a hell of a lot more than that just taking a weekend trip to Disney.

I know I’m not a fan of long car drives back to back, so if I drive a few hours out of town for a show, I’m most likely not going to want to do it again a day or two later, especially if I’m driving back home after the show (I tend to drink a lot at shows) and staying in one spot for a couple days and catching two shows is a more enticing idea for me.

It’ll be interesting to see which night outperforms the other; Metallica has a wide age range of fans at this point and while I’m sure there’s a small cross section of fans who dig both Pantera and FFDP, I think there’s a bigger group that loves Pantera but fucking hates FFDP and vice versa. I know I’m not stepping foot in that place until the last note of FFDP is over, that’s for damn sure. I couldn’t even take a guess at which night will do better. I’d assume Pantera just because this isn’t going to last forever and unfortunately, it seems like FFDP is destined to keep going for a while. :jerkit:

I was wondering how they’re going to do the setlists for these; last time I saw them do the 2-shows/1-weekend, the 2nd night they did all of the Black album in reverse order. There any album anniversaries popping up next year? If so, it’s a safe bet they’ll be doing the whole album on the 2nd night. Overall, I dig enough of Metallica’s output that I don’t even care what the setlist is, I know I’m going to dig at least 90% of what they play and most likely more, so my perspective is skewed there as well.

I’ve got a fear of really deep ocean water and as a result, have never been on a cruise, but when I saw the Lamb Of God/Mastodon cruise announced, I might see if I can get over my fear by forcing myself to go.

Saw Pantera many times here in DFW in their prime. Same with Metallica. I don't care to see anyone past their prime and looking as old as I am now. I'll pass. It makes me feel fucking old and depressed. Lol!

I got this way for a little while in my late 20’s/early 30’s, I actually thought I was done going to concerts, period, because I was so jaded and just overall not having a good time. Then in 2018 I saw Ozzy with Zakk Wylde and I don’t know what it was, it wasn’t that he or Zakk sounded so great that night, but it was like a light switch flipped for me; I was having a blast and had that love for live shows all over again.

I think overall, there’s so many bands I never got to see before they were done or someone died, I’m fine taking advantage of these shows with bands like Metallica or Ozzy because I know at some point, I won’t be able to anymore. I think never catching Alice In Chains with Layne is the biggest reason I have this mentality.

I dunno brutha, I’m a single dude with no kids, so my perspective on stuff like this is skewed a bit more than others because I don’t have to think as much about travel costs and shit like that. For me, I’ll be taking a vacation that week and the show will come at the end of it, I always blow a bunch of money on vacations I normally wouldn’t. I mean, people drop a hell of a lot more than that just taking a weekend trip to Disney.

I know I’m not a fan of long car drives back to back, so if I drive a few hours out of town for a show, I’m most likely not going to want to do it again a day or two later, especially if I’m driving back home after the show (I tend to drink a lot at shows) and staying in one spot for a couple days and catching two shows is a more enticing idea for me.

It’ll be interesting to see which night outperforms the other; Metallica has a wide age range of fans at this point and while I’m sure there’s a small cross section of fans who dig both Pantera and FFDP, I think there’s a bigger group that loves Pantera but fucking hates FFDP and vice versa. I know I’m not stepping foot in that place until the last note of FFDP is over, that’s for damn sure. I couldn’t even take a guess at which night will do better. I’d assume Pantera just because this isn’t going to last forever and unfortunately, it seems like FFDP is destined to keep going for a while. :jerkit:

I was wondering how they’re going to do the setlists for these; last time I saw them do the 2-shows/1-weekend, the 2nd night they did all of the Black album in reverse order. There any album anniversaries popping up next year? If so, it’s a safe bet they’ll be doing the whole album on the 2nd night. Overall, I dig enough of Metallica’s output that I don’t even care what the setlist is, I know I’m going to dig at least 90% of what they play and most likely more, so my perspective is skewed there as well.

I’ve got a fear of really deep ocean water and as a result, have never been on a cruise, but when I saw the Lamb Of God/Mastodon cruise announced, I might see if I can get over my fear by forcing myself to go.
That all makes sense my friend and yeah - 90% of most of the songs for either set sounds about right. If I knew they were going to do MOP front to back and then rock some more favorites - I'd be inclined. I've seen LOG but not Mastodon so that would be of interest to me. This will be my second 311 cruise and the only reason I'm doing it is because it may be their last. But yeah - not cheap. Keep in mind, once you are on the boat (or "OTMFB" as they say) it is really just like a big hotel and as long as you are not standing at the rail looking out you can kind of disregard the ocean part. That and the Gulf isn't really that deep. :D

I see both sides of these 'retirement' band sagas.

Part of me wants to go to pay respects if you will - especially if I've never seen them.
Part of me wants to stay home and just remember the band for what they used to be.

Look at Led Zeppelin for example (my fav). They hung in the towel after Bonham (was left to) died. Minus a few special events. But what did that do? If left their legacy and mystique intact. If they had kept going - we all would have complained about how sloppy Jimmy was or how it just was not the same and it would have watered down the LZ name and the LZ fame.

The 40th shows last December focused on at least one song per album each night. KEA to Hardwired the first night, Hardwired to KEA the second. A handful of uncommon songs played as part of the setlists, including the live debut of Fixxxer on the Friday.

For these tours, probably not quite as diverse, but I doubt we'll have any full-album sets. They haven't seemed too keen to play a full album post TBA.

Metallica is my favorite band. Ive seen them twice (Black Album) and (Hardwired) and wasn't blown away at all. I think shows are hit and miss depending on venue, sound, etc.
stadiums sound like shit so all of these will be bad sounding

The 40th shows last December focused on at least one song per album each night. KEA to Hardwired the first night, Hardwired to KEA the second. A handful of uncommon songs played as part of the setlists, including the live debut of Fixxxer on the Friday.

For these tours, probably not quite as diverse, but I doubt we'll have any full-album sets. They haven't seemed too keen to play a full album post TBA.

I’d love a rarities show where they just did stuff that they normally don’t do live. Holding onto hope they play “The Outlaw Torn”, which is my favorite song of theirs, even if it’s on the Load album.

I’d love a rarities show where they just did stuff that they normally don’t do live. Holding onto hope they play “The Outlaw Torn”, which is my favorite song of theirs, even if it’s on the Load album.
Not my favorite Metallica song but it is a killer song and the best of the Load sessions IMO.

this popped up in my youtube review, still wont be there lol

BCxs2m4_d.jpg

Anyone here gone yet? Give us your opinion please.

Found this on the Metal Realm FB group. The guy that posted this said Zakk's tone is collosal. Also, if anyone know more about this rig I'd love to hear it. :yes:

UUfS2um.jpg

Who's going?

I'm not.

Just curious. This is through Sept 2024. Opening acts interchange between Pantera and Five Finger Death Punch. Except for Mexico City in which case Greta Van Fleet is taking the stage instead - which makes complete NO sense for that city.

Actually, it looks like this:

Show 1 Support North America: Pantera & Mammoth WVH***
Show 2 Support North America: Five Finger Death Punch & Ice Nine Kills

***Greta Van Fleet replaces Pantera on show 1 both weekends in Mexico City

So Metallica comes to a city and plays 2 shows. One with Pantera/Mammoth and then one with 5FDP/I9K. What's weird is that those 2 dates are not back to back so it is Friday and then Sunday (for North America). Interesting. I guess they need a day off in between? What about the poor saps that have to work Monday morning. Who wants to guess ticket prices? Starting at $200?

Some of the proceeds go to charity -All Within My Hands- which is good because I'm sure the tickets will be expensive :yes:

https://www.livenationentertainment.com/2022/11/metallica-announces-m72-world-tour-2023-2024/
Hard Pass
To be honest, and youll ridicule me for sure, but Im happier with just spending $250 for two VIP seats to Ace Frehley.
Go ahead... :LOL:

that Monsters of Rock Tour in 88 was EPIC !!!!
My buddy still has his ticket in pristine, unused condition.
His ride never showed.
He's still quite upset.

My brother was there att he Buffalo show.
My first show was Metallica at Weedsport, 1989 Justice Tour, Cult opener.

I’ve still not heard one second of the new pantera

If anyone wants to go to the Arlington shows I got pretty good seats and can’t make it. I got a pair available Section C303 Row 3

Hahahah my buddy just sent me a screenshot of our tickets yesterday, 364 more days to go before the Foxboro show!

The “It’s not Pantera wahhh” comments are even funnier months after this thing started.

Anyone here gone yet? Give us your opinion please.

Found this on the Metal Realm FB group. The guy that posted this said Zakk's tone is collosal. Also, if anyone know more about this rig I'd love to hear it. :yes:

UUfS2um.jpg

This is the first good rig shot I’ve seen yet. I figured the only thing from Dime’s rig that made it’s way over was the Whammy pedal, cool to see the MXR and Aphex up there as well, though from all the video clips it just sounds like Zakk’s regular tone, he’s just using a noise gate to tighten things up. I wonder if his tech is riding the gate like Grady used to.

I’ve still not heard one second of the new pantera
I did, and it was one second too long. But also, I'm not a Pantera fan, so there's that.

If Liquidmetal on SiriusXM didn't suck enough already, it's worse now because it's all Pantera being played on there for a week.

Last edited:

Back