Metallica: Ride the Lightning - 1984

Forty years....??? It feels like yesterday I was browsing the albums at Sound Warehouse and saw the album for the first time and ended-up buying it.

CrtskNE.jpg

Not the goat . It’s guitar sound is cool but the production is lacking alot. If the production was better and they used a mess it would be the best album

Not the goat . It’s guitar sound is cool but the production is lacking alot. If the production was better and they used a mess it would be the best album
For the time period.....this was a next level release production wise. Guitars weren't thrashy or really distorted, tight and massive sounding before this. And I'm not a Metallica fan whatsoever but its the truth

For the time period.....this was a next level release production wise. Guitars weren't thrashy or really distorted, tight and massive sounding before this. And I'm not a Metallica fan whatsoever but its the truth
Absolutely. That was the first of it’s kind, next level aggression and brutality.

RTL guitar sound was game changer for me.

...then there was Cliff Burton. If he lived, I think we would have seen more RTL, MoP,...

Disagree. I assure you at the time the production sounded massive and the guitar tone was one of most brutal ever recorded. People make the mistake of listening to vintage recordings with modern ears.
I been a fan since the 80s , I just hate the soft drum sound .

I just always disliked the drums sound and production always . I do love the guitar tones

Disagree. I assure you at the time the production sounded massive and the guitar tone was one of most brutal ever recorded. People make the mistake of listening to vintage recordings with modern ears.
I hate modern production btw . I just always disliked this production too . Great songs and guitar tone of course .

Back