NAD! '82 Marshall 4104 with EV's

• Thread starter Thread starter 7704A
  • Start date Start date
7704A
7704A
Possibly needs new caps in the near future, and some pots tightened, but aside from that looks super clean inside, has Drake transformers, etc.
20241002_213147.jpg

20241002_204246.jpg

Congrats! My 84 41204 is one of the best Marshalls I've ever played.

Throw a boost in front and post a clip :rock:

HNAD that thing looks clean too.

I’d have a hard time choosing between that or a 5150 OG combo. I’m sure it sounds amazing.

Thanks! Your demo with the Plex and 4104 helped keep my GAS can full until I could pull the trigger. And @VonBonfire lit the fire.
Oh yeah? That's great to hear! My friends come over and want to hear my other amps, not really interested in the 4104. I don't get it, because it's so good. I'm glad that video helped nudge you towards getting a most fantastic amp.
Throw a boost in front and post a clip :rock:

HNAD that thing looks clean too.

I’d have a hard time choosing between that or a 5150 OG combo. I’m sure it sounds amazing.
2 different amps for sure. I tried a few times, but never did gel with the original 5150s. I've read that the combo was one of the better sounding versions. You can still pick them up cheap, and I'm tempted every time I see a local one for sale.

The 4104 is great. Doesn't matter if you're using the lo input with pedals, or the high input with guitar volume for cleans, and any number of boosts for heavy (treble booster, eq, TS, SD1, Timmy, Klon...), it hangs with any amp for good tone. I've flipped the Phil X, Plex and at least 5 other fantastic amps, while the 4104 stays. It's just the sound. Doesn't need the Legendary Hot Mod. Doesn't need any mod. It is the sound.

Love my 4104. Congrats. Hammer of an amp. Watched Vernon Reid play one back in ~90 in a small club Raleigh NC. I still have problems hearing.

Just checked, and it looks like 2/3, probably 3/3 of the preamp tubes are Winged C's. I've heard those are good? I don't take much sniff of cork so I'm not in the know.

Awesome amps. I regret trading mine a few years ago. It was modded with a effects loop and converted to kt66 power tubes. It had the original g12-65 speakers in it. Sounded great but man it weighed a ton.

Last edited:
It does have some heft. I think the power transformer is probably bigger than the one on my Peavey VK100.

If i ever get one again.....i will put handles on the sides.

Mine was an 82 and i was always worried that handle would break being so old and then crush my foot lol

Back