NAD: EVH 5150 III 100S

• Thread starter Thread starter SFW
  • Start date Start date
The 6L6 sounds meaner. I've played both. 6L6s just have a bigger bottom end. I enjoy that about them. I love me some EL34s as well, but for sear girth...6L6.
It’s wild thst we all agree on Stealth 6l6 is best . Rare on RT we ALL agree

We know what sounds good.

All kidding aside, I understand there are a lot of crazy good amps out there, but this beast just has 3 channels that do everything well. (at a price point that's not over $4000.00)
And you do NOT have to dime the gain to get tone.

We know what sounds good.

All kidding aside, I understand there are a lot of crazy good amps out there, but this beast just has 3 channels that do everything well. (at a price point that's not over $4000.00)
And you do NOT have to dime the gain to get tone.
I think for a rock/ metal amp for under $3k, the 5150 III series of amps can't be beat. I also think they hold their own with amps that are way more expensive.

I think for a rock/ metal amp for under $3k, the 5150 III series of amps can't be beat. I also think they hold their own with amps that are way more expensive.
Very true . I have Hermanson, wizards , diezels, and more but I love my stealth 100. You did forget one thing though . They are built like takes so for live use they are an easy pick

All the clowns that buy and floss 4k+ amps 95% of the time either can't really play beyond "punk rock" standards,or are basement cork sniffing chuggers that don't make records or clips or gig.These Stealths are built like tanks for working men who actually play and produce music for people to ear.
Respect out to the OP

All the clowns that buy and floss 4k+ amps 95% of the time either can't really play beyond "punk rock" standards,or are basement cork sniffing chuggers that don't make records or clips or gig.These Stealths are built like tanks for working men who actually play and produce music for people to ear.
Respect out to the OP
Does it say somewhere in the manual of these amps that they must be used make records or play live? I must have missed that part but regardless, you sound like a swell guy.

Does it say somewhere in the manual of these amps that they must be used make records or play live? I must have missed that part but regardless, you sound like a swell guy.
Lol-- There is some truth to that !! I have amps all over the price range but I'm completely happy with the Stealth series for less dough !!!

Respect out to the OP
Very clever...

Back