New Bogner amp leaked- Snorkler 50

Yehuda
Yehuda
The instagram post got deleted, but saw this online - I also heard rumors of a Bogner Fish preamp rerelease

IMG_1167.jpeg

Really cool find. I have a 100 watt snorkler and had a Cantrell modded fish. FWIW the preamp in the snorkler is basically identical to the Cantrell mod on the fish. The preamp sounded a bit tighter than the amp, but when I crank the nfb knob on the amp they sound almost identical. Just thought I would toss that out there since there’s a lot of people chasing those sounds. I still would buy another fish just because haha

Really cool find. I have a 100 watt snorkler and had a Cantrell modded fish. FWIW the preamp in the snorkler is basically identical to the Cantrell mod on the fish. The preamp sounded a bit tighter than the amp, but when I crank the nfb knob on the amp they sound almost identical. Just thought I would toss that out there since there’s a lot of people chasing those sounds. I still would buy another fish just because haha
What else is special about the snorkler? Is it basically a tighter Jubilee or is there any difference between it and a boosted 800?

What else is special about the snorkler? Is it basically a tighter Jubilee or is there any difference between it and a boosted 800?
Good question. It has its own thing going on. It is darker, like a jubilee, but it isn't as round in the notes. It still has some kerrang but not nearly as much as boosted jcm 800 (but more than a jubilee). Not as much cut as a jcm 800 but sounds really big. It can get very saturated and hairy but you can still hear all the individual notes in a chord. That to me is the biggest difference from most amps I have played (the only other amp I have that does something similar but in a different way is a friedman naked). The intro to we die young is a good example of how it can sound. That aggressive low-mid grind thing.

I do think, like most bogner products, it can be a little odd with how the knobs react and it can easily flub out if you aren't paying attention.

They have terrible availability on current production as it is. If it is released in the U.S., it'll be tough to get, I'm guessing. Not sure what their deal is, but they certainly can't keep the pace getting shit into stores.

Back