New Faces? Why are You Here?

• Thread starter Thread starter 311splawndude
  • Start date Start date
I see a lot of new faces here. Just wondering why?

Dudes with 10 - 200 posts that I just don't recognize. Curious if you dudes are posting more on R-T because TGP is lame? Is it because you feel like you can express yourself better here without backlash? Is it because you dudes are just trying to get to 50 posts so you can B/S/T? Are you dudes just getting back into guitar again after a break?

Just curious.

I mean if you are, then welcome to R-T. :yes: Post up. Tell us your story. Most of us regulars really like this place and we pretty much all get along real well, even when we disagree. We have very little spam/trolling as well. We have kick ass Mods too - which helps. Carry on.

I am here because the "big forum" about gear has officially bored me, and the pig-piling/attacks I see on certain people bother me. Heck they even managed to run Joe Bonamassa off. I am a long time working (weekend warrior now) guitarist with more gear than I care to admit.

Turned to the site a little while back when I was looking for info on something…such a plethora of information! Just recently started looking to either sell or trade some gear and realized I needed to be more involved to be able to do that. Finding I really enjoy the community and the people in it! Great place to rock it out with likeminded gear nuts! ☺️😎

Turned to the site a little while back when I was looking for info on something…such a plethora of information! Just recently started looking to either sell or trade some gear and realized I needed to be more involved to be able to do that. Finding I really enjoy the community and the people in it! Great place to rock it out with likeminded gear nuts! ☺️😎
Welcome aboard my mullett man :cheers:

Man some of the other forums are straight evil these days. I got banned for reporting a member harassing me over asking a simple questions because it was a “premium member.”

Man some of the other forums are straight evil these days. I got banned for reporting a member harassing me over asking a simple questions because it was a “premium member.”
Fuck 'em
Pretty hard to get banned here :dunno:
What does the 3119 stand for?

Poor ol' Brother 3 (311) was gettin' all-excited for nothin'. :LOL:

Welcome Jordan and styphonthal. :cheers:
Yeahhh I’ve actually gotten that quite a lot. Please asking if I’m a 311 fan. They’re not quite my cup of tea. Now Led Zeppelin? That’s my favorite band of all time. Bowie, Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac, Velvet Underground, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, and The White Stripes - all my kinda jam!! Radiohead too! Oh, and The Black Keys. I could keep listing them as they pop into my head haha. But anything blues-based or funky and with a nice groove gets me going!

I probably had an account on here before but I completely forgot about it. From the OG (pre-2010) ESP Forum, and on all the various ones still active. Used to play in hardcore/metal bands full-time for most of my 20s and early 30s, now I’m a write and record at home and gear nerd, though still working on various projects that don’t involve me touring.

Most importantly, I wanna say I still frequent TGP because it can be inadvertently hilarious.

Howdy fellers—I used to post in late 2000’s when my musical world was much more active before pre-then teenage kids and work consumed me for over a decade. Now, slowly trying to awaken the musical soul again after a bad bike crash gave me opportunity to reorient focuses. Been recording new material with awesome dudes, Ric Fierabracci and Shane Gaalaas. Here’s a new recording of an old tune from HWM. Most of these guitars are gonna be re-tracked with new Suhr SL68MkII.
https://on.soundcloud.com/rXyuBfSw5zXqpyc59

Howdy fellers—I used to post in late 2000’s when my musical world was much more active before pre-then teenage kids and work consumed me for over a decade. Now, slowly trying to awaken the musical soul again after a bad bike crash gave me opportunity to reorient focuses. Been recording new material with awesome dudes, Ric Fierabracci and Shane Gaalaas. Here’s a new recording of an old tune from HWM. Most of these guitars are gonna be re-tracked with new Suhr SL68MkII.
https://on.soundcloud.com/rXyuBfSw5zXqpyc59
Glad your back. Sounds like you've had quite a ride. I'm a bit new the crazy world of amps and guitars. Your song kick some ass there. Has a Satriani vibe. SL68 is bitchin' :yes:

Back