New Guitar Day! With some toneszzzz ( PRS BKP content)

• Thread starter Thread starter VESmedic
  • Start date Start date
Thanks homie, agreed. This one wasn’t over the top, and apparently I like a certain type of finish give mine are very similar tops minus the color haha. But I agree, a lot of PRS stuff can get super blingy, which is fine but not usually my bag.

For anyone that cares, I haven’t taken a lot of pics but here is the ad with detailed pics as well as list of upgrades. Dude gave me all the original parts too including the metal pickups, solid deal.

https://reverb.com/item/84526689-pr...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=84526689

Same, I don't mind the fancy stuff but it's not my thing either. My #1 is a PRS Custom 22 and that guitar is far from the prettiest girl at the bar, lol, but it's just such a great instrument that I don't care. PRS makes killer stuff.

Love the pair overall, too. The wood grain on both of them is exceptional. The flaming is deep and pronounced but doesn't look so perfect and evenly spaced that it seems synthetic. The imperfections in the figuring look just as cool as the "expected" figuring. That's the best kind of top there is if you ask me.

I think I personally haven't tried it because I have never liked the results I got boosting a VH4 and just figured all Diezels would react like that. Clearly narrow thinking on my end! Haha!

Awesome man! The Metals are really great; tight and with a broad midrange that is not abrasive (like I find the HFS).

Well that solves it, gonna throw the metals in my other cu24 and see! I’m just so impressed with the holy diver personally, the clarity is just insane. They often have weird eq curves I will agree, but this pickup just slays in this guitar to me. And a lot of people love the metals for sure, so I’m stoked to try them.

I try boosting Herbert last night and it sound like ass.

Mkiii.

It didn't add. And made some fizz and tiny bit mush that wasn't there before trying.

Try both 808 and ts9. Same result.

These amp no need boost.

I try boosting Herbert last night and it sound like ass.

Mkiii.

It didn't add. And made some fizz and tiny bit mush that wasn't there before trying.

Try both 808 and ts9. Same result.

These amp no need boost.

I never said they NEEDED a boost, did I? Not sure what you are doing wrong, but it definitely shouldn’t sound like ass. For this clip I had the tone at maybe noon or o’clock, drive off completely, and level about 1-2 o’clock: I generally never run the level up all the way with anything, unless it’s got way less gain than a modern amp ( like an 800 for instance).

I never said they NEEDED a boost, did I? Not sure what you are doing wrong, but it definitely shouldn’t sound like ass. For this clip I had the tone at maybe noon or o’clock, drive off completely, and level about 1-2 o’clock: I generally never run the level up all the way with anything, unless it’s got way less gain than a modern amp ( like an 800 for instance).

It added artifact. Used as clean boost style. It was subtle but enough make me go "ugh, hell no" and i quickly apologize to Herbert for doing this. It just didn't add anything special to sound and took away from already sound.

Remind me of girly men who boost engl savage. Some amp don't benefit from boost at all.

The mid cut is a boost if set to 9 clock or less if you want boost Herbert.

It okay. No offend.
🫶

Picked up this 2014 CU24. Had all the specs I’m looking for. The figured neck, noiseless springs, futone block ebony board, Floyd etc, I’ve never tried the holy divers, but I was open to them, and to me these are absolutely awesome. The BKP stuff I’ve tried in the past I never really got into, but these are absolutely insane in this guitar to me. Extreme clarity, extremely percussive, just really great in this guitar.

Here’s some super stupid iced earth riffage. The low end on this really reminded me of the record, kind of out of control and subby, I dig it though.

Herbert channel 3
TS808x
Marshall BV cab, 57 only

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/yu5e...V-IE.wav?rlkey=ntu7sy9t9528buwa4n0bxne4v&dl=0

View attachment 343399
Meh, too coffee table...nice clip!!

NO ONLY THE WAY I DO IT WORKS!!!11@one :mad:

NO ONLY THE WAY I DO IT WORKS!!!11@one :mad:

It'll be okay my young child.
wiping-tears-crying.gif

If you're having trouble boosting shit and having it sound good, it's probably user error.

Some stuff doesn't need a boost, some stuff does - both can sound good with most amps meant for gain.

Or I pick like a man and not a small Chinese woman, eliminating the need for a boost.

Every amp I've ever had, sounded better without a boost. Including rectifiers. And I had 10 different boost just to see what the hype was about. Only one that might have been okay, Koko boost into my roadster. But even that, I could get the amp to sound just as tight without the boost with the proper settings.

If you have to boost an amp, it's probably user error. Lack of dialing skills. And or weak Chinese girly man pick hand. Its not an insult, some people can't walk without a crutch. Some people can't play without a boost.

It is what it is my child.
🤝no offend🤝

Or I pick like a man and not a small Chinese woman, eliminating the need for a boost.

Every amp I've ever had, sounded better without a boost. Including rectifiers. And I had 10 different boost just to see what the hype was about. Only one that might have been okay, Koko boost into my roadster. But even that, I could get the amp to sound just as tight without the boost with the proper settings.

If you have to boost an amp, it's probably user error. Lack of dialing skills. And or weak Chinese girly man pick hand. Its not an insult, some people can't walk without a crutch. Some people can't play without a boost.

It is what it is my child.
🤝no offend🤝

No, you probably just can't dial things in right.

There's a reason every metal record you've listened to for the last 30 years has used it as a tool in the toolkit.

No, you probably just can't dial things in right.

There's a reason every metal record you've listened to for the last 30 years has used it as a tool in the toolkit.

Wrong again my child.

"Every metal record you've listened to the last 30 years is ...boosted" you say? Toolkit? Like it was there but not used? Or it was always there and used? Going to assume you're saying it's been on every metal record for 30 years. Because using it, and having it in a producers studio is two different things.... so recognize that.

Please attend nearest cork sniff anonymous meeting before try to convince me of your boosting religion. I'm not converting. I've tried it enough, with enough amps, to determine it's not needed to sound the same except more clarity without it across the frequency range.

The only thing it DID do and I'll give you this and this only... was make the amp slightly easier to play. Which is a trade off. And some like that feeling at the expense of some added blur in the gain. Even as a clean boost which is how I used them when testing.

I don't mind a dry, stiff amp. Because I pick hard enough and set it up to do what I need it to do. Most dudes who boost don't like stiff amps, until they are boosted. Coincidence?

Anyway...
That's the exact opposite of "user error".
That's literally taking the errors away IMO.

Dan listen.....
I don't blame you for boosting.
You obviously NEED IT. I'm fine with this.

I however do not need to ride the boost bandwagon when I can just get directly on the horse and get there just as fast as the people on the bandwagon behind me. One less useless electronics box in my signal. I prefer the way straight in feels and it keeps my pick hand from getting lazy.

No offense to boosters...
Do what makes you feel good.
👹

No offense to boosters...
Do what makes you feel good.
👹

I'm actually not a permanent booster. There's plenty of amps I prefer without it.

The point i'm making is you should probably stop acting like a fucking retard.

If your only argument is your "muh picking hand" nonsense, and you honestly believe your picking hand can cut low end on flubby amps like a mesa, rectifier please demonstrate!

With a real recording, no dogshit camera phone teenager cuck shit.

Actually make a miced recording or shut the fuck up about it

If you're going to make extraordinary claims, then you're gonna need to back them up with some extraordinary evidence if you want peoples respect @ChuggNorris

Because so far all you've done on RT is act like an idiot and piss people off

If you make a clip showing me how your magic picking hand acts like a hipass filter and magically makes a rectifier not flubby anymore, I would be absolutely amazed because I know that's not my experience

But seeing as how i've worked on my right hand rhythm playing more than almost anyone else on this forum, I'm more than a bit skeptical, so please prove me wrong.

If you're going to make extraordinary claims, then you're gonna need to back them up with some extraordinary evidence if you want peoples respect @ChuggNorris

Because so far all you've done on RT is act like an idiot and piss people off

If you make a clip showing me how your magic picking hand acts like a hipass filter and magically makes a rectifier not flubby anymore, I would be absolutely amazed because I know that's not my experience

But seeing as how i've worked on my right hand rhythm playing more than almost anyone else on this forum, I'm more than a bit skeptical, so please prove me wrong.
Ok n00b.
With this name alone I've been here 4 more years than you. Only people pissed are the thinskins and cork of sniffs. Better to be pissed off than pissed on, or so they say 🤣

Respect your Father.
And just accept I don't have to boost.
You do. Move on little dude. Done with ya boost crying. And I'm not putting in any effort for you for anything at this time and your anal leakage about having to use a boost to play an amp just isn't at the top of my to-do list.

I've heard your clips, Ive heard mine. So you can sit down. Your "right hand" and chops bow to mine everyday and twice on Sundays.

Proof is right here:

Your vanilla riffs and "right hand" was "meh" at BEST based on your clip which is on page 2. No offense, but you ain't the one to dethrone me. Sorry son. The best thread you've ever been in, be thankful I brought you along for the ride because you alone can't reach those heights obviously. So epic they locked it after 17 pages. But the riffs and playing, speak for themselves 😉

Here is your new avatar, use freely.
istockphoto-1220833694-612x612.jpg

Work on those basic chops and then come waste my time better.

Have a nice day, my son. 💀

Man everyone boosts amps, for a number of different reasons. Sometimes it’s tone, sometimes it’s feel, sometimes it’s For saturation, sometimes it’s for eq, there’s tons of reasons people boost their amps. There are very, very few metal records done that don’t boosted tones, even if it’s just for relative tone shaping. Little things like that can completely change how a guitars feels and sits in a mix, I demonstrated that just by adding a stupid 1073 plugin in this thread in fact. Was the gathering boosted? No, but that’s not proof that you don’t need a boost. Alot of what goes into making a record is the vibe, attitude, and general feeling between the members and how their music moves them, and in that instance, it just wasn’t needed for whatever testament was going for and feeling at the time. Thats something we never talk about at all. Was that hired gun, the documentary where the producer talks about throwing pots of plants at the bass player while he was playing to get the take he wanted out him? Perfect example, albeit an extreme one.

Ok n00b.
With this name alone I've been here 4 more years than you. Only people pissed are the thinskins and cork of sniffs. Better to be pissed off than pissed on, or so they say 🤣

Respect your Father.
And just accept I don't have to boost.
You do. Move on little dude. Done with ya boost crying. And I'm not putting in any effort for you for anything at this time and your anal leakage about having to use a boost to play an amp just isn't at the top of my to-do list.

I've heard your clips, Ive heard mine. So you can sit down. Your "right hand" and chops bow to mine everyday and twice on Sundays.

Proof is right here:

Your vanilla riffs and "right hand" was "meh" at BEST based on your clip which is on page 2. No offense, but you ain't the one to dethrone me. Sorry son. The best thread you've ever been in, be thankful I brought you along for the ride because you alone can't reach those heights obviously. So epic they locked it after 17 pages. But the riffs and playing, speak for themselves 😉

Here is your new avatar, use freely.
View attachment 345371
Work on those basic chops and then come waste my time better.

Chugg the playing is solid, but there’s zero definition or attack in the riffs either. That’s exactly where a boost comes in. They bring forward the attack that you just can’t get otherwise, outside of a few amps that are super tight to begin with ( EVH, Engl, etc) .

Chugg the playing is solid, but there’s zero definition or attack in the riffs either. That’s exactly where a boost comes in. They bring forward the attack that you just can’t get otherwise, outside of a few amps that are super tight to begin with ( EVH, Engl, etc) .

That's just me not micing worth a damn. I already admit I don't spend time on micing cab. Or setting up the amp for a recording sound. Definitely dont do that like I should. 🤣

The riffs completely slay his for right hand work.

I care more about that then proving a boost theory. Never win with the boost crowd so I'm good there 👌

Are you actually saying that your instagram filter recording from last week is actually close miced and not a camera phone clip? :ROFLMAO:

Yikes okay that explains alot

Yeah i don't think he actually understands what we're getting at here.

I thought his video was actually a camera phone recording and apparently it WAS close miced - which is a great example of how tones like that can (sometimes!) benefit from a boost.

It doesn't mean that a boost is necessary or warranted all the time or something, it's just another tool in the toolkit for certain situations - ironically, situations like THAT are exactly when a boost would be a great tool.

Ironically, his "proof" of his "superior right hand" is exactly what were talking about.

This really all I care about.
No, I didn't mic worth a damn or dial the herbert for a recorded tone (never made this claim anywhere on this board). But I'll take my riff work over yours 100% of the time.

Your vanilla riffs on page 2 weren't enough to take the throne. Sorry buddy. 💀

Better luck next time 🤝🤝

Back