New MXR Randy Rhoads pedal... GONE

• Thread starter Thread starter espquade
  • Start date Start date
I'm not interested in "what you think". I already know what's been proven and your ignorance and others ignorance doesn't negate or alter the facts in any way. It was just called "Randy's Mod"

Read this:
https://www.guitarscanada.com/threads/new-rhoads-mxr-distortion-coming-soon.297465/

Check out the schematics comparison.

You're missing the point of an official collector's item.....
Here's your reply dumbass. And your so called evidence. Show me where in this link there is someone claiming he modded it. And show me what you now claim is a schematic comparison between Randy's ACTUAL pedal and a regular D+.

Again, I'll save you some time. You can't. Because there is nothing like that there.

Here's your reply dumbass. And your so called evidence. Show me where in this link there is someone claiming he modded it. And show me what you now claim is a schematic comparison between Randy's ACTUAL pedal and a regular D+.

Again, I'll save you some time. You can't. Because there is nothing like that there.
We've already talked about the differences of the schematics earlier, before you came round. And we have some pedal builders here who chimed in and said there was indeed some small differences. I can't help if someone like you doesn't know shit and just wants to argue.

Give it up dumb inbred fuck.

I've posted comparison pics of the circuit, comparison video of the sounds. Nor sure what else you could want before admitting defeat.

You're the one making shit up here. The fact that you make things up like "Nobody has bought it for $600!!!" shows you're unaware to reality. Check out reverb.

You just did when you said it wasn't a major contributor to his tone, he was never caught without it. A jackass like you wouldn't know. I give you a free pass.

A handful of trolls who stop by don't speak for the forum. But yes I am, even I think it 👏 👏 👏
Ha ha. Jesus dumbass. I never said no one has bought it for $600. I said if they do they aren't going to get their $600 worth out of it. Certainly not without taking advantage of other idiots.
And show me where you posted anything other than a comparison video of the new pedal and a regular D+. You do know that has fuck all to do with Randy Rhoads' actual fucking pedal right dipshit ?

How is saying the pedal wasn't the major factor in his tone ( a universally agreed upon sentiment incidentally) the same as saying the pedal had no influence on his tone.

Dude, you really are a fucking idiot. I can't believe I have wasted this much time on your stupid ass. :rolleyes:

We've already talked about the differences of the schematics earlier, before you came round. And we have some pedal builders here who chimed in and said there was indeed some small differences. I can't help if someone like you doesn't know shit and just wants to argue.

Give it up dumb inbred fuck.
Differences between what ? Which fucking pedals ? Randy's actual pedal ? The new fucking Dunlop pedal ?

Ooh, here I just made a perfect replica of Jimi's Fuzzface. Some builder's took it apart and it is indeed slightly different than a regular Fuzzface. That's proof that Jimi's Fuzzface was modded.

You are the dumbest mother fucker on this entire forum.

Ha ha. Jesus dumbass. I never said no one has bought it for $600. I said if they do they aren't going to get their $600 worth out of it. Certainly not without taking advantage of other idiots.
Lol This is funny. So how do you measure who gets what's worths out their gear? You can't.
And show me where you posted anything other than a comparison video of the new pedal and a regular D+. You do know that has fuck all to do with Randy Rhoads' actual fucking pedal right dipshit ?
It's in the thread fuxking idiot. It's crazy how you keep making demands and insults but expect me to hold your fucking hand. Never can believe how fucking stupid kids on the net are today.
How is saying the pedal wasn't the major factor in his tone ( a universally agreed upon sentiment incidentally) the same as saying the pedal had no influence on his tone.
It was a huge factor and so were the other pedals, that's why it was such a huge deal.
Dude, you really are a fucking idiot. I can't believe I have wasted this much time on your stupid ass. :rolleyes:
I guess it takes a fucking idiot to know one right? 😆 🤣 😂

Differences between what ? Which fucking pedals ? Randy's actual pedal ? The new fucking Dunlop pedal ?
Ask the pedal builders here who are reputable.
Ooh, here I just made a perfect replica of Jimi's Fuzzface. Some builder's took it apart and it is indeed slightly different than a regular Fuzzface. That's proof that Jimi's Fuzzface was modded.
There are tons of Jimi signature pedals, and I have no doubt that he had modded pedals and modded amps top. It was the 70's so that was the time.
You are the dumbest mother fucker on this entire forum.
Nah, I think a few people have me beat, flattered though 😆

Don't forget that goat is waiting for you in the barn.

Ask the pedal builders here who are reputable.

There are tons of Jimi signature pedals, and I have no doubt that he had modded pedals and modded amps top. It was the 70's so that was the time.

Nah, I think a few people have me beat, flattered though 😆

Don't forget that goat is waiting for you in the barn.
Even your insults are stupid.

Let me spell it out slowly for you genius. Comparing the new $600 pedal to a regular D+ is NOT proof that Randy's was modded.

Now getting the guy who built his pedal board to say somewhere, anywhere, that the pedal was modded would at least be considered pretty strong evidence. But not only have you not been able to do that, you have not been able to provide a link to ANYONE, ANYWHERE, claiming his pedal(s), the one(s) he used, were modified.

Even your insults are stupid.
Not as dumb as yours though. At least mine are creative and make sense.
Let me spell it out slowly for you genius. Comparing the new $600 pedal to a regular D+ is NOT proof that Randy's was modded.
I never said it was. There is proof but it has nothing to do with the price or paint scheme.
Now getting the guy who built his pedal board to say somewhere, anywhere, that the pedal was modded would at least be considered pretty strong evidence. But not only have you not been able to do that, you have not been able to provide a link to ANYONE, ANYWHERE, claiming his pedal(s), the one(s) he used, were modified.
There are reputable builders here with their own companies, they already talk about this pedal and looked at it when someone who got their hands on the pedal opened it and posted a pic. There are subtle differences that affect the pedal in various ways. This isn't any different than Wata's Muff tasting vastly different than any typical muff on the street.

Not as dumb as yours though. At least mine are creative and make sense.

I never said it was. There is proof but it has nothing to do with the price or paint scheme.

There are reputable builders here with their own companies, they already talk about this pedal and looked at it when someone who got their hands on the pedal opened it and posted a pic. There are subtle differences that affect the pedal in various ways. This isn't any different than Wata's Muff tasting vastly different than any typical muff on the street.
Can you not read Steve ? I'm not saying there aren't other differences between this money grab, polka dot pedal and a stock D+. I'm sure there fucking are. That hasn't got a fucking thing to do with the actual D+ (s) RR used though. Holy fuck.

^^^^^^^^^

This guy is a complete tool.

It's what he does. He joins forums, trolls everyone, calls them trolls, joins a new forum, and then claims other people are impersonating him on each new forum he joins. Outside of the twisting words around like an idiot, he outright lies out of his teeth and contradicts one thing to the next. Dude is beyond a douche and a waste of anyone's time.

It's what he does. He joins forums, trolls everyone, calls them trolls, joins a new forum, and then claims other people are impersonating him on each new forum he joins. Outside of the twisting words around like an idiot, he outright lies out of his teeth and contradicts one thing to the next. Dude is beyond a douche and a waste of anyone's time.
giphy.gif

the problem with those gut shot pics is I can't read any values on the resistors .... or the caps ...

but they look like they have the equal amount of the same type of parts ....

it's only a matter of time before a Pedal Forum of some type will have this traced and ready for tagboard .

unless someone wants to send me a really good pic of the inside so I can actually see the color bands on the resistors ... there's no need to trace

I highly doubt they manipulated that tiny circuit by just moving some components around .... so if theres a difference it will be in the values ...

I mentioned before .... when this pedal was brought up months ago .... I rersearched the shit out of " did Randy's get modded and what were those mods "

All I found was a conversation or two about the possibility of having a cap removed .... and possibly a value change on a resistor .

those A/B gutshots someone showed ..... there's an equal amount of parts .... of the same type .. so if a cap was removed in Randy's ... they didn't remove it there ...

and just to give reference of a small distortion circuit vs a big one .... that Disto + has like 16 total PCB parts .. this is the inside of my Erebos Distortion Pedal
1725452841779.jpeg

Last edited:
the problem with those gut shot pics is I can't read any values on the resistors .... or the caps ...

but they look like they have the equal amount of the same type of parts ....

it's only a matter of time before a Pedal Forum of some type will have this traced and ready for tagboard .

unless someone wants to send me a really good pic of the inside so I can actually see the color bands on the resistors ... there's no need to trace

I highly doubt they manipulated that tiny circuit by just moving some components around .... so if theres a difference it will be in the values ...

I mentioned before .... when this pedal was brought up months ago .... I rersearched the shit out of " did Randy's get modded and what were those mods "

All I found was a conversation or two about the possibility of having a cap removed .... and possibly a value change on a resistor .

those A/B gutshots someone showed ..... there's an equal amount of parts .... of the same type .. so if a cap was removed in Randy's ... they didn't remove it there ...

and just to give reference of a small distortion circuit vs a big one .... that Disto + has like 16 total PCB parts .. this is the inside of my Erebos Distortion Pedal
View attachment 338151
And to come full circle on my part of this conversation, can anyone provide a link or a source for any conversation about Randy's personal D+(s) having been modified ? I ask because I have never read this anywhere and I actually have spent quite a bit of time over the years reading about Randy and his gear. I'm perfectly willing to accept his stuff was modded, after all, it's not that unusual, I just have never read that before. You know, until now, when someone is trying to market a "Unique" RR pedal.

Back