New MXR Randy Rhoads pedal... GONE

• Thread starter Thread starter espquade
  • Start date Start date
Yeah, blame me for MXR sending me one and blame me for not selling it at the price you suggest. This is coming from someone who complains about it being 4x's the price and now implying it's not much lmao

That's not even the safe... but you all already know

Sounds like a bit of jealousy going on😆

Last edited:
So this MXR Randy Rhoads pedal was just released a few days ago and already the opportunist scumbag greedy bastards are capitalizing on the limited quantity and just snagging these up only to rip off fans and guitar players who really wanted one of these pedals to actually use and add to their collection. I was wanting to get one myself because I'm a true fan of Randy's playing and was excited to get one. Well much to my surprise their already gone and it seems like a bunch were bought by people who probably don't ever play guitar or are even fans of Randy's as many are listed on Ebay and Reverb for 600.00 plus .

I absolutely refuse to give a dime to these scum sucking assholes. Anyway, some may say if you really want one you will pay what the demand is.. Whatever as it's clear some were bought with the only intention immediately of reselling them for excessive profit just like a ticket scalper so it sucks for the guys out their who were hoping to get one at the manufactures price... End of Rant!

I put in a purchase "special order" up here in Canada on the day it dropped but I don't think it will materialize. Very surprised at the limited run but would suspect that due to demand, you will see more of these. Why? Because they are all setup to make more runs of these and have their booklets ready to print etc... it is a no brainer. I suspect this was to test the waters, gauge the interest. If MXR can do this, they can also do an EQ with polka dots. Then a chorus and a flange too. Make up some B.S about how he had special values in there. I mean, if they pulled his pedalboard out of " a secure location" to measure the values in the disto +, why wouldn't they also do that for the other pedals.

But fail all that. I'll just grab a whirlwind Disto + copy. Or just a reissue DOD 250. That will have the lows/highs taken care of already and well, it's yellow.

Yeah, blame me for MXR sending me one and blame me for not selling it at the price you suggest. This is coming from someone who complains about it being 4x's the price and now implying it's not much lmao

I'd love to know what your Facebook presence/name is. How many followers do you have that you get free pedals? I'm surprised Pete Thorn didn't get one.

I love Randy as much as anybody but I don’t want Randy’s tone. I’d almost pay to NOT have that tone.

This 100%. Randy's tunes were some of the first I learned on guitar, and what helped me fall in love with playing. And wanting to be like him is why my degree's in music. Not a fan of his tone though. Even the better samples of his live tone, just aren't my taste. I'll still boost my mids all day, but not to the same end result. Noooooooo.

I hate $50 dollar bills.

I get them confused for twenties.

OXF7END.jpg

I put in a purchase "special order" up here in Canada on the day it dropped but I don't think it will materialize. Very surprised at the limited run but would suspect that due to demand, you will see more of these. Why? Because they are all setup to make more runs of these and have their booklets ready to print etc... it is a no brainer. I suspect this was to test the waters, gauge the interest. If MXR can do this, they can also do an EQ with polka dots. Then a chorus and a flange too. Make up some B.S about how he had special values in there. I mean, if they pulled his pedalboard out of " a secure location" to measure the values in the disto +, why wouldn't they also do that for the other pedals.

But fail all that. I'll just grab a whirlwind Disto + copy. Or just a reissue DOD 250. That will have the lows/highs taken care of already and well, it's yellow.

They may have to discuss with the Rhoad's estate; contract may have been limited to x number of units; then they'd need to be sure another manufacturing run would sell fast enough to be cost effective. If another run is made, the first run value will go up even higher because guitar players. :D

Once the next pre-election (or post election when more votes come in magically) plandemic hits - I will trade you 12 toilet paper rolls for 2 MXR RR Distortion + Pedals

Randy's tone cut through the most dense fudge. When you watch a professional sports game on TV and you can hear Crazy Train in the background just from the guitar tone, even amidst the announcers talking and the arena sound volume being way in the background

Meh.

In no time this exact pedal will be re-issued as a regular production run item. Just like all the Fortin pedals ( that he cloned off others work) that were 'limited' yet within a year you could easily find one.
Just stay patient.

This kind of shit happens with everything. My nephew sells Pokémon cards for Gods sake. lol I hate it but it’s capitalism.

If you buy a piece of gear that happens to go up in value over time, I understand selling it for the going price. I've always felt that the straight up scalping is a total dick move though.

I want to see cool gear in the hands of players who can enjoy it, not snatched up by people who just want to flip it for a cheap buck.

If you buy a piece of gear that happens to go up in value over time, I understand selling it for the going price. I've always felt that the straight up scalping is a total dick move though.

I want to see cool gear in the hands of players who can enjoy it, not snatched up by people who just want to flip it for a cheap buck.
The pedal in question in this thread will indeed end up in a display case of a blooze lawyer/dentist. Never to be opened or played 😂

Well cause we all know that this pedal WILL make anybody sound like Randy!! LOL I do understand it though. If I was to have gotten one it would only be because I am such a Randy geek. His sig Marshall didnt really sound much like him and from what I heard neither did this pedal. There's other things out there that get close to his sound but they dont have Polka Dots or the cool packaging... and again, as a fanboy I get it!

I'd love to know what your Facebook presence/name is. How many followers do you have that you get free pedals? I'm surprised Pete Thorn didn't get one.
I only have around 72k followers with less than 2k friends, so yeah, that's not that that much - however its a diverse audience. I do alot of demos, livestreams and review videos. So definitely not a lawyer/dentist who doesn't play :)

I don't see any point in the outrage here. MXR and Boss both pretty much suck so big flipping deal. bUt rAnDY pLaYEd dISs pEduHL who cares....

Back