Ok, Initial JVM Review

• Thread starter Thread starter yngzaklynch
  • Start date Start date
Sounds like it came from the factory biased properly or do the JVM models have auto bias circuits now?

>|<>QBB<
Santiall":c07cb said:
I have played the JVM with a G-Force for months and no issues at all. Actually it is weird that the Ibanez delay doesn't work, probably it iwas just casuality that it stopped when trying in with the JVM...

The loop works always better set to +4dBu and in parallel. With floor guitar effects the level has to be lowered and then raised which is not themost efficient way.

The bleedthrough is there and minimal, once you plug an effect shouldn't be noticeable. Distorted signals have sharp edges that easily "jump" from place to place... well... yesssss..we'll add this to the list of problems :D

Cheers
Santiago

I'm curious, where do you have your physical input and output level knobs set on the front of the G-Force?

as far as I remember the input about 1 or 2 o'clock, output fully clockwise. I set the input level so it just peaks red from time to time but it depends on where the channel volumes are (I use to have them between 12 and 2o'clock).

>|<>QBB<
PickAttack":56d3b said:
Sounds like it came from the factory biased properly or do the JVM models have auto bias circuits now?

I don't remember reading that the JVM is self biasing in the manual.

no, no autobias but there is independent bias for each side of the push-pull.

>|<>QBB<
Santiall":136c5 said:
no, no autobias but there is independent bias for each side of the push-pull.

I gotta get a bias right or something. What voltage is the JVM's EL 34s ideally biased to?

I would swap out preamp tubes first for some lower output and see how that goes and then the power tubes. I'm sure there are better tubes than stock for this beast. :o BTW, there is one one ebay now for 1599. Thinking of getting this but it's only money order....anyone know who the seller is? http://cgi.ebay.com/Marshall-JVM-410H-Head_W0QQitemZ130080326137QQihZ003QQcategoryZ38075QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Back