Once again.... WHATS COOKING?!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mailman1971
  • Start date Start date
Sounds like you were in the ballpark.

Correct weight on the cold-water thing IIRC. :thumbsup:

I figured out a way to make good crispy air-fried buffalo wings (i.e. not-breaded). Cook until just barely done at a lower temp and let any juices/fat drain off as they cool to room temp. Dry with paper towel. Then blast them at 450* F in the air fryer basket. Then shake them in sauce right out of the oven. I use Franks original with a tiny bit of Tabasco or Cholula. Nothing else, I usually don't like overly doctored wing sauce. Straight Franks Original is almost perfect as-is for me. I just like a little extra kick from Tabasco/Cholula.

Sounds delicious, man.

I've heard Frank's sauce/s mentioned a few times as a go-to / favourite. It must be great stuff. I wonder if it's available in Australia. :confused:

311splawndude":d2hfgf8p said:
^ Sounds great man

love carmelization too :inlove:

Goat":d2hfgf8p said:
311splawndude":d2hfgf8p said:
^ sounds great

Heading to my cabin with some buddies for an extended weekend this Thursday. They told me my dinner contribution is chili. :yes:

Just made this sausage, egg and cheese casserole. You know. To get some greasy protein base coat going before Superbowl Sunday.

qIXtxQ2.jpg
OMG! :shocked: :rock:

Wow thats oozing cheese so delicios :2thumbsup:

Again.....
God dammit that cheese egg sausage casserole looks amazing!!
Baked all mixed together at once? Or some stuff pre cooked different pans?

The sauce takes about an hour to pull together, so I don't make this often, but it's delicious. Pan-seared, blackened Salmon on a bed of wild rice with steamed broccoli and Cajun shrimp cream sauce...

Attachments

• Dinner.jpg
    Dinner.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 177
SpiderWars":onuqshwh said:
I figured out a way to make good crispy air-fried buffalo wings (i.e. not-breaded). Cook until just barely done at a lower temp and let any juices/fat drain off as they cool to room temp. Dry with paper towel. Then blast them at 450* F in the air fryer basket. Then shake them in sauce right out of the oven. I use Franks original with a tiny bit of Tabasco or Cholula. Nothing else, I usually don't like overly doctored wing sauce. Straight Franks Original is almost perfect as-is for me. I just like a little extra kick from Tabasco/Cholula.

Damn, I need to try that. And when you say blast at 450, you mean put the basket in a traditional oven?

For all the negative air fryer commentary out there, it sounds like those who know what they are doing can make it happen.

I've had this off and on since I was a little squirt, but for whatever reason never made it for myself: hamburglar potato hotdish.

1lb hamburger
1/2 can pinto beans with pork
Half an onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
Salt, pepper, burger seasoning, garlic powder
Flour
Sliced potatoes
Xtra sharp cheddar cheese

Fry up the hamburger mixture and layer it along with the potatoes and cheese in a greased baking pan. I used half cheddar and half velveeta as I had some I needed to get rid of, but I wouldn't recommend it. All cheddar all the time.

Dick Butter Nuts":1m28fkee said:
SpiderWars":1m28fkee said:

Damn, I need to try that. And when you say blast at 450, you mean put the basket in a traditional oven?

For all the negative air fryer commentary out there, it sounds like those who know what they are doing can make it happen.
I am one of the suckers that bought that Nuwave oven you see on TV. It is actually a pretty good little oven and it comes with an air fryer basket. In that oven you can control the top coils and bottom coils from 0-100% and you also have convection. For air frying everything is ON and at 100%. 450* F is as high as it goes.

Wife made sushi the other day. Man it was great!!
She makes it a few times a year. Better then what get most restaurants. :thumbsup:
Gotta have the soy / wasabi sauce though.
;)

Attachments

• 72637A66-A445-431F-9FD0-DE4C9187D11C.jpeg
    72637A66-A445-431F-9FD0-DE4C9187D11C.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 140
Monkey Man":2uqrc4q1 said:
Oh yeah man, heaps of wasabi. :lol: :LOL:
Yup! And I don't care if mixing your heaps of wasabi into your soy sauce is 'amateur' sushi eating. I've tried both ways and mixing it is just better.

Yes that mix of soy with wasabi. Cannot be beat. :rock:
Gotta stir it heavily. Get a little more ‘wasabi’ holy shit. :D

Indeed again, brother. :thumbsup:

One of the things I like about wasabi is that if you overdo it (somehow!), it's only a temporary thing 'cause the heat doesn't last, just like capsicum powder / cayenne pepper, whereas with chilli, much as I love it... :lol: :LOL:

Back