One of the best Marshall tones

• Thread starter Thread starter 7704A
  • Start date Start date
@7704A You know, maybe i also dont like marshall tones... Because every time i talk about a good marshall tone, people tell me it isnt marshall tone
It IS a Marshall tone..but it's dialed in poorly, or recorded poorly, or all of the above. It sounds harsh, abrasive, scratchy, etc etc...I can tell he's probably diming it which NEVER EVER sounds good with ANY and ALL Marshalls I've owned..even the one true plexi, a 67 50T. They all have sweet spots though; and that particular Marshall isn't dialed in to it at all.

I think a lot of guys here are very particular about what a marshall sounds like. Many have said that they hate the silver jubilee. But I have played one of these reissues and can say that with a boost, as long as you aren't in the same room with about 8-10 of the top amps being made right now (and that is because of lack of punch compared to the big boys), it is an absolute beast. Sounds phenomenal.

If you put the preamp into a 150 watt power amp, i believe this would probably be my favorite amp. It sounds that good.
Jubilee is one of my top 10 amps....the vintage 2554 1x12 combo into a 412 is my fav. The 2555x is also very very good...may revisit one soon.

I don't know.. I'm partial to the 2205. I had one years ago a got off TGP for $750 loaded with new =C='s. It was a killer amp. I foolishly sold it because the used prices went way up, and bought my first Quick Rod, about 2005. Scott added the 3 Gears as a mod back then, and they then became a stock feature. That was a loud Mother Fucker! No loop volume back then. It was insanely loud, and still the best sounding Splawn of the 4 I've had. It had all this gain, but I found myself fixated on OD1, and hitting it hard with a boost. That was a Marshall killer, to me. That channel gained out, absolutely nailed Vivian Campbell tones, John Sykes Thin Lizzy, Lynch, and back it down on the gain and it was Back In Black.

Priest, Slayer, Overkill and more were in that amp.

It has its place but thats not a "Marshall tone" to my ears. Its a Germino.
Having said that Charlie Star of Blackberry Smoke plays a Germino and that does sound like a Marsahll.
Id say Jake just isnt dialed in right.

That doesn’t sound very Marshall to me either 😂 (the rhythm tone, lead tone is OK)

Back