Prayers, uplifting thoughts, and encouragement for others

• Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
V
VonBonfire
Been thinking about making this for a while. Seems like the time is now. A member here that I will leave unnamed had to leave their home Saturday thanks to the large, mostly uncontained fire ongoing in San Bernardino CA. Let's keep that rig talker in our prayers and thoughts and hope the authorities are able to get control of the blaze. I live in dry country myself and there isn't too many other things that can bring on the dread like seeing a smoke plume upwind of your home. The smoke caused our member to pack up and leave so it's not good. If the member wishes to reveal themselves that will be their choice.

I'd like to keep this thread as a place for others to request prayers, for those in need of encouragement, or those who are down and could use some wind under their wings so please no off the rails posts here or getting political. No anger or arguing here, as every other thread is wide open for that. If I see that kind of stuff I will request it be removed. Let's have a place to support each other, a place where we put petty differences and old disagreements aside. If you don't feel comfortable posting here you are welcome to shoot me a PM and I will do my best. I've no doubt a couple other members would gladly extend the same sort of invite but I will let them speak for themselves. Mods, please consider making this a sticky, just an idea. Blessings and love to everyone here at rig talk-VonBonfire

You know I’m a failure. I fail my family and my friends every day. But most especially God. I fail God constantly. And you know what is sad? I know it and do it anyway. Shame on me. Because of this I do really try to be good to people and compassionate as well. In sharing my feelings with you knuckleheads…I want you all to know that I really do like all of you. Even though we might not agree on everything I guarantee that we would get along fine. Look at PauleyC…he’s a gay tranny democrat but he’s my bud. We text and talk quite often. He also sends me butt pics but that’s okay.👌 anyway I just wanted to say that I appreciate you all. One thing I have learned from hcaf and rig-caulk is that this interwebz shit ain’t that serious…and there’s a lot of great people on here. Which is why I agreed to be a mod originally to help Brad out and then remained since Brad left. So even though there’s been a few implosions and arguments…at the end of the day who cares? It means nothing and it affects nothing. It only has power over your life that you give it. Not sure what I’m trying to say or even why I’m posting this but honestly at the end of the day let’s try to be on God’s side.

Guys the fire in San Bernardino has unfortunately gotten worse today so please keep our rig talk friend in your prayers and thoughts tonight. Imagine all your guitars, your gear, your home; all your worldly possessions going up in smoke, that's what said member could be looking at depending on how things go in the next 24-48 hours. I gotta work early in the a.m so y'all have a blessed night and on behalf of said rig-talker, thank you.

You know I’m a failure. I fail my family and my friends every day. But most especially God. I fail God constantly. And you know what is sad? I know it and do it anyway. Shame on me. Because of this I do really try to be good to people and compassionate as well. In sharing my feelings with you knuckleheads…I want you all to know that I really do like all of you. Even though we might not agree on everything I guarantee that we would get along fine. Look at PauleyC…he’s a gay tranny democrat but he’s my bud. We text and talk quite often. He also sends me butt pics but that’s okay.👌 anyway I just wanted to say that I appreciate you all. One thing I have learned from hcaf and rig-caulk is that this interwebz shit ain’t that serious…and there’s a lot of great people on here. Which is why I agreed to be a mod originally to help Brad out and then remained since Brad left. So even though there’s been a few implosions and arguments…at the end of the day who cares? It means nothing and it affects nothing. It only has power over your life that you give it. Not sure what I’m trying to say or even why I’m posting this but honestly at the end of the day let’s try to be on God’s side.
You ain't a failure brother. The human species may be but you aren't responsible for that.

“The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.” - Numbers 6:24-26
The Aaronic blessing.

I have a nice icon of the High Priest Aaron from Uncut Mountain Supply in my prayer corner except my prayer corner is more like a wall with some shelves. They make some of the nicest icons you will find.

@JackBootedThug there is a lot about you that says you are far from a failure brother. That's just your repentance talking, and that is a credit to you, not a detraction. I'm still gonna be on your case to hit up that Antiochan parish tho. How many sundays does a man get in his life? Answer: not nearly enough.

You know I’m a failure. I fail my family and my friends every day. But most especially God. I fail God constantly. And you know what is sad? I know it and do it anyway. Shame on me.

My brother, listen to me: God is MERCIFUL.

“Seek the Lord while he may be found;
call upon him while he is near;
let the wicked forsake his way,
and the unrighteous man his thoughts;
let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him,
and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts. - Isaiah 55:6-9

“Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool." - Isaiah 1:8

"Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation without regret, but worldly sorrow brings death." - 2 Corinthians 7:10

"We all stumble in many ways" - from James chapter 3

"Thus says the Lord:
“Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool;
what is the house that you would build for me,
and what is the place of my rest?
2 All these things my hand has made,
and so all these things came to be,
declares the Lord.
But this is the one to whom I will look:
he who is humble and contrite in spirit
and trembles at my word.
" - Isaiah 66:1-2

God bless you, bro.

Last edited:
Orthodox Prayers of Repentance.

I got this prayer from the first link on the page. It's a pdf file of Orthodox Prayers of Repentance.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=ortho...D6B24DCB9F01789F856E02CB&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=

God, my good and loving Lord, I acknowledge all the sins which I have committed every day in my life, whether in thought, word or deed. I ask for forgiveness from the depths of my heart for offending You and others and repent of my old ways. Help me by Your grace to change, to sin no more and to walk in the way of righteousness and to praise and glorify Your Name, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen. O Lord my God, I confess that I have sinned against You in thought, word and deed. I have also omitted to do what Your holy law requires of me. But now with repentance and contrition I turn again to Your love and mercy. I entreat You to forgive me all my transgressions and to cleanse me from all my sins. Lord, fill my heart with the light of Your truth. Strengthen my will by Your grace. Teach me both to desire and to do only what pleases You. Amen.
https://www.goarch.org/-/turning-toward-god-in-repentance

I hope EVERYONE at rig talk has a great weekend filled with lots of guitar time, family, friends, and maybe even a couple cold beers.
I’m working in a Motown tune this weekend. Completely out of my wheelhouse so I may send you demos for critiques lol

Back