PSA - Pointless Ad-hominem Attacks - Updated 2023-10-26

• Thread starter Thread starter Monkey Man
  • Start date Start date
Okay....I'm being utterly serious............I have missed the point..............honestly I have.

This is NOT being argumentative........I honestly have missed what others are saying.

If this section is all for free speech it sure has the walls closing in and why?

It's a sub forum with a message of don't complain if you enter.

Tit for tat? Isn't this what ALL people do when they don't agree? It's on every public message board there is.

Attacks? Well, everyone here is thick skinned and knows what the play is. Those who didn't like it left.............like anywhere else.
The entry says abandon all hope.

Does the OTC hurt RT?...........No, not at all as it's been defined by its tenure to date............all who don't like it ....they stay out.

You can't please everyone so why even try as you're on a thrashing to nowhere.

Okay, what have I missed?

Okay....I'm being utterly serious............I have missed the point..............honestly I have.

This is NOT being argumentative........I honestly have missed what others are saying.

If this section is all for free speech it sure has the walls closing in and why?

Tit for tat? Isn't this what ALL people do when they don't agree? It's on every public message board there is.

Attacks? Well, everyone here is thick skinned and knows what the play is. Those who didn't like it left.............like anywhere else.

Does the OTC hurt RT?...........No, not at all as it's been defined by its tenure to date............all who don't like it ....they stay out.

Mean tweets, orange man bad .

New rules are no mean tweets . They want us to love one another and embrace are mortal enemies . I have tried that in the past and it just doesn't work for me , I cannot love and embrace a libtard . Everything goes fine until they open their mouth .

If they never open thir mouths we get along OK though.

I think it is the back and forth. In every thread. It is about the degredation of the forum experience for those who are not taking part in the back and forth.

Someone ratted to the admin. I suspect about the post about someones relative. Admin (the owner) looked into OTC and effectively said “I don’t like this”. So here we are

He who has the money (or in this case ownership stake) makes the rules.

If you look at the rule update that Monkey Man made following his PSA, it has two components:
  1. Ad hominem attacks of a sexual nature
  2. Ad hominem attacks of an overly abusive nature
Sounds like theanagement is happy on #1. Not so much on #2.

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/otc-rebooted.226972/

As of 2023-07-12 members will be punished for ad-hominem attacks of a sexual or overly-abusive nature.

Last edited:
I’m not a TGP refugee been here for years. Look at my profile.

I am not saying shut it down. Do what needs to be done to prevent the shutdown.
Sorry. I know I quoted you but I was speaking in general.
I'm not keeping track of names (or name changes) :lol:
I really don't have a problem with anyone here. Honestly :dunno:
I only get my panties in a bunch when mods have to do more work than 'normal'
Or - when things get too crazy we risk loosing it all.
Clig, I did just now look at your profile. If I'm reading it right, your first post at Rig-Talk was in Feb 2021 (roughly) so you are correct :cheers:

Last edited:
Sorry. I know I quoted you but I was speaking in general.
I'm not keeping track of names (or name changes) :LOL:
I really don't have a problem with anyone here. Honestly :dunno:
I only get my panties in a bunch when mods have to do more work than 'normal'
Or - when things get too crazy we risk loosing it all.
<Removed>
In OTC? Perhaps. I had been hanging in the main gear area before that for a long time. I also post in pets. Hobbies too.

Here is a post from the “pets” section in March… 2021:

Post in thread 'Let see pictures of your pets'
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/let-see-pictures-of-your-pets.219009/post-2403975

Last edited:
Mr. Monkey gave the (y)(y) for being allowed to call people a motherfucker . Mr. Monkey kicks ass :thumbsup:

Being allowed to call your mortal enemies a no good low life POS motherfucker is what America is all about and the craziest part is Mr. Monkey lives in the bush out in Australia where he grows his own banana's . He's not even an American but understands what America is all about .

Last edited:
In OTC? Perhaps. I had been hanging in the main gear area before that for a long time. I also post in pets. Hobbies too.

Here is a post from the “pets” section in March… 2021:

Post in thread 'Let see pictures of your pets'
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/let-see-pictures-of-your-pets.219009/post-2403975

Your logic is askew. Strange way to not have a problem with someone. Hmmmm
My bad. I will redact my earlier statement. Also, please note my laughing emoji. It was in jest/joke.

PS: Pets and Hobbies are still OTC FYI. Not that it matters, I'm still the one that made the mistake. Sorry.

Mean tweets, orange man bad .

New rules are no mean tweets . They want us to love one another and embrace are mortal enemies . I have tried that in the past and it just doesn't work for me , I cannot love and embrace a libtard . Everything goes fine until they open their mouth .

If they never open thir mouths we get along OK though.
Your spelling is worse than Yabba’s.
And he doesn’t even speak English.

Mr. Monkey gave the (y)(y) for being allowed to call people a motherfucker . Mr. Monkey kicks ass :thumbsup:

Being allowed to call your mortal enemies a no good low life POS motherfucker is what America is all about and the craziest part is Mr. Monkey lives in the bush out in Australia where he grows his own banana's . He's not even an American but understands what America is all about .

Ya!!!
God Bless America🙏👍

Be careful, you didn’t make any spelling bloopers, when they have nothing else to attack you on, they will desperately attempt to crucify you for a simple spelling error😂👍

:hys:

Be careful, you didn’t make any spelling bloopers, when they have nothing else to attack you on, they will desperately attempt to crucify you for a simple spelling error😂👍

If spelling is their focus they need to get a life.

Majoring in the minors is their speciality.....sadly. :bleh:

Using are instead of our is not a spelling blooper or something autocorrect got wrong. It's fucking idiocy at it's finest. Either you're foreign or stupid. If it's the latter (the second thing I mentioned (stupid)) again, no wonder you believe the dumb shit you do......alt!

If spelling is their focus they need to get a life.

Majoring in the minors is their speciality.....sadly. :bleh:
1689877105020.gif

I can't see what he posted I have him on ignore LOL. I wish I used the "Ignore" function months ago because I'm not seeing any of their stupid posts . This is GREAT !!!
Can't see and using the ignore function. :LOL: This guy. :rolleyes:

I can't see what he posted I have him on ignore LOL. I wish I used the "Ignore" function months ago because I'm not seeing any of their stupid posts . This is GREAT !!!
I agree totally. And you know what, the best part of using the ignore feature is getting to tell everyone you're using it. The more you tell the better it is.

So, how's the coffee? Need a top up?

I use it too..........makes for a peaceful day.

It's like spraying yourself with insect repellent, so good and itch free.

I don't have people who don't antagonise me on ignore because there's no reason to. We can have a two way discussion without dealing with an emotional contrarian. Reasonable people are a joy to exchange with.........seriously a joy.

Last edited:
I use it too..........makes a for a peaceful day.

It's like spraying yourself with insect repellant, so good and itch free.

I don't have people who don't antagonise me on ignore because there's no reason to. We can have a two way discussion without dealing with an emotional contrarian. Reasonable people are a joy to exchange with.........seriously a joy.
I have never used that feature before but this place is AWESOME now . No more leftists posts :cheers:

Back