PSA - Pointless Ad-hominem Attacks - Updated 2023-10-26

• Thread starter Thread starter Monkey Man
  • Start date Start date
0C132727-E4F5-45C5-9C6B-535B68DEABC5.jpeg

At the end of the day if the OTC is that fucked up does it really harm anyone.

It's a sub forum and not the real world.............it's simply a whipping post which is an inanimate object.
A padded cell if you like.

My ONLY recommendation would be to put an over 18 password on the front door in order to access it.
There is already a disclaimer in place with Abandon All Hope.
All well-and-good except that vendors see it as being part of a site they're associated with.

Therein lies the issue. Business and politics is all about optics these days. :dunno:

It's not really his call, it would be up to the Admins. MM has been a champion of bringing OTC back and most recently, requesting that it stay that way despite uncertainty from the Admins. I think what MM is saying, is that if the shit continues, it will probably be out of his control. He can correct me if I'm wrong.
You're not wrong Brother 3, unfortunately. :doh:

OK, I've updated the OP and thread's title accordingly. Let's get this done and save OTC.

Here's the new addendum to the OP. Note that this is 100% consistent with the new rule; its purpose is to clarify, remind and warn:

UPDATE 2023-07-21
The pedo ad hominems have ceased. Well done and thank you guys!

Now, how about the rest of the sexual slurs? If you want to return to a schoolyard I suggest re-enrolling in primary school; this place ain't it.

The FoS here still allows you to talk about anything you want but just not to drag other members (and this place) into the gutter with puerile, childish tit-for-tat one-upmanship of a sexual nature. That is the domain of 12 year-olds. Nobody's changed his or her mind on any issue as a result of all that energy investment thus far, so if you somehow feel that your creative urges will be curtailed by this directive... there's that.

I'll spell it out for you so we don't have to debate this for 20 pages:

Not OK
Describing imaginary sexual acts by members with the obvious intention of denigrating them.
Describing imaginary sexual organs of members with the obvious intention of denigrating them.
Describing imaginary sexual preferences of members with the obvious intention of denigrating them.
Fill in the blanks...

OK
Use of colloquial words such as motherfucker, cocksucker, pussy (as in "weak"), dickhead, asshole etc.

Clear-enough? I hope so, 'cause following a short grace period ever-longer temp bans will be issued.

So much for gay pride.
Evidently some folks think that every institution should either tolerate and/or promote the sausage fest, or be destroyed.
I don't see too many vile hetero barbs, unless somebody's mother is involved.
And then there's the pervasive "bigot" insult.
RT might have a tough time threading this needle if current events are ultimately the reason threads are created...

Not that I am one to bash about the gay/pride stuff, religion or politics, but it was nice to know that I could partake if I wanted...

Back