Question(s) About Mike Morin Modded Marshalls

• Thread starter Thread starter JakeStone
  • Start date Start date
I figured I’d throw one more clip up of my morin with the last track, same track just a different cab/mic setup. This is more “classic” and fatter for sure. 57/R121 on a BV cabinet. 57/R121 on a Marshall TV cabinet with greenbacks. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bap5...TV-1.wav?rlkey=1i4r8jx5y6wi351ad6xfyqdna&dl=0

Yea…this definitely rules hard.
Very nice. I can listen to that freehand bluesy stuff all day. Sit in a Beale Street bar and drink scotch whiskey all night long..

I’m telling I can the For You tone easily with this amp . No Morin need , though I’d like a Morin
I listened to it some more, and I can hear it all over that album occupying some space on the dirty side. I had some 2001 VH4s… The Stereo and Mono versions.

You and I both on the Morin! I wish one of our resident builders would get a hold of one and recreate it.

I listened to it some more, and I can hear it all over that album occupying some space on the dirty side. I had some 2001 VH4s… The Stereo and Mono versions.

You and I both on the Morin! I wish one of our resident builders would get a hold of one and recreate it.
I’m pretty happy still with my Hermanson wizard mix . I k noticed I def can cop Morin tones with them.

Last edited:
Yea man, morins amps were on more records than the “big” modders names combined. You just never hear about it because of how records and gear were credited during those times. Literally everything out of NRG has a morin on it.

Very cool! I still have a Morin-modded JMP I've had for many years . Sold my preamp many years back to someone on this forum

Back