Quick Down and Dirty Fortin Bones amp Clip

• Thread starter Thread starter Gainfreak
  • Start date Start date
riffy":gilnhdxi said:
Ralphie!
Man, smokin' tones and I actually even loved the dry one and you KNOW how I am about the special sauce on guitars!

Your playing is simply out of this world. I dig it and always have. I am going to have to try and clone that tone with the Axe-FX and see what happens... Unless you already tried and if so, send me the patch dog...lol

Gary

Gary!!
as always... thanks so much for the more then kind words. i listen back to that clip and wish I did a better Job but it is what it is!!! YOU ROCK my friend and its always a pleasure to hear from you.
With that said, I haven't tried to mimic that tone with the axe-fx! Im not even sure if I could and Im sure Mike is happy about that lol :D

Jdub":35a1hnx7 said:
Hey Ralph,

Great clip. I liked the dry clip better. Awesome playing man. Screaming lead tones. Very crisp.. It did not sound like the amp cleaned up very well though when you rolled back the volume. Is it lacking in the dynamics department?

Sup J dub!! How the hell are you?

The amp actually does clean up well but I had this set for mondo gain at 4 gain stages and the purple GMW guitar has a high o/p pickup in it. Had I used my othe GMW with a 59 humbucker you would have definitely heard it clean up better even on the mondo gain setting!
You would dig this amp because it has that tone and more. If you put it on the 2 gain stage mode and crank it through some greenies like an old Marshal, you probably piss yourself!!

all the best!!

~R~

Ralph,

Lets discuss something much more important; did you get to try Rochfort 10 ? :D :D :D

thegame":2z7cmprq said:
Ralph,

Lets discuss something much more important; did you get to try Rochfort 10 ? :D :D :D

:lol: :LOL:
Not yet Brother!!! I went again and the fockers were out of it!! I'll have to try to find another place that has it !!

:rock:

Thanks pal. I need to scrape the peeled paint off my walls... :rock:

Man for you guys that have not looked at Carl's Myspace page you should and while you are at it check out Ethan's site as well, these guys are the real deal and givers of serious pain.

ralph.........that album where Ethan is playing bass for Rob, is that out yet??? The youtube vid of them tracking rips and Rob is getting serious tone from that Cornford!

Digital Jams":1jqbsd3m said:
Man for you guys that have not looked at Carl's Myspace page you should and while you are at it check out Ethan's site as well, these guys are the real deal and givers of serious pain.

ralph.........that album where Ethan is playing bass for Rob, is that out yet??? The youtube vid of them tracking rips and Rob is getting serious tone from that Cornford!

Sup Brother!

There are a few Balducci albums out already that feature Ethan on Bass. Carl Roa just produced a new Balducci album but its not out yet. Im not sure if Ethan is on it though.

As far as the Cronford is concerned, Rob is a fellow boost nut like the rest of us! the tone you are hearing is as Cornford with a boost pedal in front of it! He does get a great sound thanks to Carl!!

I also highly recommend Carls stuff! I also love Joe Nardulli's new disc to!!

~R~

Man I just keep playin these clips!

Ralph I love it! and I can't wait for my Meathead now, like the wait was unbarable before but as I keep listening to this stuff I just freak even more!

I think the Meathead will be the amp to end all amps for me, and once you guys see the way mine will look, which mike is doing something special for me, because I'm special :aww: :no: hahaha

It's gunna kick so much damn ass! Anyhow Mike can't finish the proto fast enough, and then I have to wait for the Natas!

Oh well, it's gunna be a big amp year for me! Hopefully 2 Meatheads a Natas and a Metal Bones!

Few!

C

DiezelMonster":1xgxaj5d said:
Man I just keep playin these clips!

Ralph I love it! and I can't wait for my Meathead now, like the wait was unbarable before but as I keep listening to this stuff I just freak even more!

I think the Meathead will be the amp to end all amps for me, and once you guys see the way mine will look, which mike is doing something special for me, because I'm special :aww: :no: hahaha

It's gunna kick so much damn ass! Anyhow Mike can't finish the proto fast enough, and then I have to wait for the Natas!

Oh well, it's gunna be a big amp year for me! Hopefully 2 Meatheads a Natas and a Metal Bones!

Few!

C

Mike hasn't told me the details of your amp but I have a feeling I know what the special deal is

:lol: :LOL:

Hmm, don't really care for it. I loved how it cleaned up but it's a bit bright and sizzly. I'd take a Cameron over it. Awesome playing Ralph!

you could take a cameron, if you could get one! only if kurtstuff stops buying all of them!

:lol: :LOL: :D :doh:

I know that they have issues. I'm not GASing for one but if I did get another amp, it would be a Cameron. And it would be once they've sorted out the delivery issues. I think my Shiva GAS has run out. I'm also very happy with my Diezels.

I can only speak for myself here, but Mike has answered every single one of my most likely VERY annoying questions, and he has answered them to the point and then some, giving me info about his build process and the components that most builders wouldn't share, but Mike builds this stuff to the point of excess, I mean the parts he uses in his amps puts the majority of manufacturers to shame, which is why I will be a supporter for life, I was looking for a builder who feels the same way I do about tone and Mike is it! Mike has also been very generous to me offering to help me with the amps, but all points in between for my tone! and that is RARE!

I don't think Mike really set out to sound like anything else out there, that is the major point that this doesn't sound like a Cameron or a Blankenship, or a Diezel, or a so on so forth. I'm happy about that, if everyone sounded the same then why bother making anything in the first place!

I'm just looking forward to the day when I have the banners flying!

Cheers!

:thumbsup:

After a couple of emails whit Mike I have decided to go for the BONES. :rock:

Thanks to Mike and Ralph for their inputs. :thumbsup:

Arild

rocker

That's awesome! when do you get your amp?
I am having trouble holding out and being patient for what I'm waiting for, I almost want a Bones now too but I'll save my money for the one I really want!

post clips and pics when you get it!

Peace!

C

DiezelMonster":2kshcqb1 said:
rocker

That's awesome! when do you get your amp?
I am having trouble holding out and being patient for what I'm waiting for, I almost want a Bones now too but I'll save my money for the one I really want!

post clips and pics when you get it!

Peace!

C

Hey,

I will send the deposit tomorrow and I think it will take 6 to 8 weeks before I'll get the amp.

And I'm sure it rocks. :rock:

When will you get yours?

Arild

rocker-arlid

That's awesome that you'll have your amp soon! 6-8 weeks won't be a long wait!

I'll have to wait for the prototype of the amp I want to be done which will take some time still, then sussing out what options to put on it and so on!
It will be worth the wait though! Mike is an amazing amp builder! you will love this amp believe that!

What options are you gettin? or are you taking it "bones" stock?

peace!

C

Back