Reverb prdals

• Thread starter Thread starter dcburn mk.ii
  • Start date Start date
Just get a H9, preferably used if you're trying to save some $. It can do a lot more, but it can do excellent reverb in about any style you'd imagine in typical eventide quality.

It can do a lot more
Kinda what I dont want.
That unit is a bit over my head.
Meat and potatoes mentality here.

But the Flint doing reverb and trem with a simple control set makes me want to check it out.

I would get the UA golden or the Flint. Only heard the flint in person, nice pedal.

I use a boss RV6, Empress reverb, and Digitech RV7 on the 3 boards I have.

I have the Source Audio Collider and the Ventris.

If you want the kitchen sink then get the Ventris. If you want the basics from the Ventris and like the basics from their Nemesis delay, get the Collider.

Both excellent units. The Ventris is on my big board along with the Nemesis and I've only scratched the surface of what that pedal can do. That said I'll never take the deep dive as you can dial in almost anything without having to go into the Neuro App.

Can't recommend those pedals enough.
source_audio_collider_01-O7eorDjNCoCbGzLVnjiv.TvrJWpb1RzE.jpg
12812557_800.jpg

Last edited:
CXM 1978 is the best I've played for "classic" reverb sounds

I really like the mooer modverb for wacky reverb sounds

The meris mercury 7 is fantastic for 80s type verb

If you want spring verb, I am at a loss - it isn't my thing - I guess the flint?

I use a Line 6 Verbzilla and I don't like it much. I don't use much reverb though. I wanted one of these but some pedal dork on youtube did a video on them and they shot up like crazy.
EBB9CD0E-7A52-4F51-8C10-46AB0F1560E0.jpeg

If you want spring verb, I am at a loss - it isn't my thing - I guess the flint?
Im with you! Don't necessarily need the spring.
I haven't had a chance to check the Flint, but was hoping the 80's verb was/is plate? Or 70's even?

An actual busy day at work so I haven't had much opportunity to look these suggestions up.

Free the tone Ambi space - some great sounds in it

Chase bliss CXM 78 - amazing but pricey, you can get a good deal used once in a while . Quite a few amazing reverbs in it.

Of course the eventide h9 is also great, and I’ve seen some good used price’s recently

Im with you! Don't necessarily need the spring.
I haven't had a chance to check the Flint, but was hoping the 80's verb was/is plate? Or 70's even?

60s/70s/80s = spring/plate/digital

Someone in marketing earned their paycheck that week... :D

Happy with my EQ Dispatch Master. Super simple and delay as a bonus.

I ordered a Flint to try last night.

Admit I am pretty simple, lol.
Some of those pedals look so intimidating and ultra futuristic along with too many knobs.

The Flint, besides holding the buttons down for additional function, the features are pretty simple.
Plus, one of the demos I watched, Pete Thorn made that trem sound so fucking good!
Reverb seems to sound great, the trem sold me.
Well until I get it home...

If it doesn't work out, I think I'll try manning up and give the Collider a shot.

I really appreciate all the replies.

Happy with my EQ Dispatch Master. Super simple and delay as a bonus.
My buddy had the Dispatch Master for a bit. I forgot it did reverb, I tend to think of it as a delay.

I think EQ is a great company.
Bought a used Depths and it didn't work correctly.
Sent it in and they fixed it free.

Check out the Walrus Audio SLO Reverb pedal. That one is my favorite right now.

Currently using a Dr. Scientist Reverberator which I think is fantastic. The plate 2 (?) setting is great! I use this reverb with my JTM45.

I’m looking to buy another reverb pedal to use with my other amps. I have another board laying around and thought I’d toss a couple pedals on and run between my Princeton and 18 watt Metro.

Already have a PoT on the board as well as a Belle Epoch delay.

Was just looking at the Source Audio Collider with delay as well. The Strymon Flint seems pretty neat. Lots of people love Strymon products, but I have never had the opportunity to try one. I could always get another Reverberator but would like to try something different…

What are you guys using?
I have a Strymon Nightsky. I had never tried a Strymon before. This pedal is so freaking amazing. Crazy possibilities that go far beyond standard reverbs. If you are looking for a new 'inspiration machine', I'd highly recommend the Nightsky.

I ordered a Flint to try last night.

Admit I am pretty simple, lol.
Some of those pedals look so intimidating and ultra futuristic along with too many knobs.

The Flint, besides holding the buttons down for additional function, the features are pretty simple.
Plus, one of the demos I watched, Pete Thorn made that trem sound so fucking good!
Reverb seems to sound great, the trem sold me.
Well until I get it home...

If it doesn't work out, I think I'll try manning up and give the Collider a shot.

I really appreciate all the replies.
Report back when you get to play the Flint. Interested to hear how you like it.

Back