Rig-Talk M.I.A

• Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
I like using my RAT clone pedal with the Jalen "Fair Warning".

If you dial in the "Filter" control, you can get away with double-tracking with the "JB-style" pickups without the tracks getting muddy.

On that track I'm blended my ADA-MP-1 with a Fortin-modded JMP-1 preamp (two performances. one panned hard left, the other hard right).
That's interesting. It sounded so perfect for the gain structure I thought it was either modeled or a killer amp/cab with a sweet mic on it. Sounded great. It was thick but not muddy, clear but not harsh. Very detailed. Nice work.

That's interesting. It sounded so perfect for the gain structure I thought it was either modeled or a killer amp/cab with a sweet mic on it. Sounded great. It was thick but not muddy, clear but not harsh. Very detailed. Nice work.
I run my amp into a reactive load/line out, then into my audio interface.

I've done a fair bit of experimenting with speaker/mic IRs, but have pretty much settled on a blend of Celestion blackbacks with British V30s.

Both mic'ed with SM-57

@311splawndude been thinking about you and your family my man and hope to catch you around the forum again soon. Take it easy bro.
Thanks man. It has been tough. My brother. He was younger than me but more experienced at boating and fishing than myself but that's how he died. All the facts show that he was fishing when he got yanked out of the boat (Lund) somehow. I guess the bass got him this time 🤷

I have a lot of grieving to do as I've been so absorbed in all the process bullshit. 😭

Last edited:
Thanks man. It has been tough. He was younger than me but more experienced at boating and fishing than myself but that's how he died. All the facts show that he was fishing when he got yanked out of the boat (Lund) somehow. I guess the bass got him this time 🤷

I have a lot of grieving to do as I've been so absorbed in all the process bullshit. 😭
Wait… what? Who died?

Anusrar succumbed to all that damn Pfizer juice.

💉💉💉
1718244062298.png

Thanks man. It has been tough. My brother. He was younger than me but more experienced at boating and fishing than myself but that's how he died. All the facts show that he was fishing when he got yanked out of the boat (Lund) somehow. I guess the bass got him this time 🤷

I knew you had big stuff to sort out since I heard from you last and I didn't wanna be a bother during that time but just wanted to let you know at least one of your forum bros is thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. Clearly I ain't alone in that. Be well friend.

@Aynirar27 where you at? Working hard I bet. Me and @Arch Stanton miss you. I hope you and your family are doing good and you are getting some adequate guitar time in this summer. Say hi one of these days!

@311splawndude been thinking about you and your family my man and hope to catch you around the forum again soon. Take it easy bro.
whats up VB. I've been chilling. Actually playing more guitar now than I have in a while. Kiddos are good, they helped me sing the chorus of this parody song I did for another forum I frequent. It's a simple song but keeping that bass in the pocket is a real bitch I gotta say.

"">

whats up VB. I've been chilling. Actually playing more guitar now than I have in a while. Kiddos are good, they helped me sing the chorus of this parody song I did for another forum I frequent. It's a simple song but keeping that bass in the pocket is a real bitch I gotta say.

"">

Good to hear and I been doing the same Summer gigging season for this guy so working more hours. As for your performance there, that was awesome. When you kicked it into the chug chug and then soloed was sweet icing on the cake. I can see how getting the pocket on that one would be a trick but it sounds pretty damn good to me. Also, the drummer going crazy on that one is also awesome. I still think you should have a band, or at least release a record. You got ears. Be well!!!

Good to hear and I been doing the same Summer gigging season for this guy so working more hours. As for your performance there, that was awesome. When you kicked it into the chug chug and then soloed was sweet icing on the cake. I can see how getting the pocket on that one would be a trick but it sounds pretty damn good to me. Also, the drummer going crazy on that one is also awesome. I still think you should have a band, or at least release a record. You got ears. Be well!!!

Thanks man. I had to write a “western” theme for a video for this song challenge thing I’m doing and it has made me want to run with it and orchestrate some more stuff. I’m still fumbling my way through Reaper and finding some decent strings and horn sounds, but I think this has some potential to be a cool project.

I came up with a character “DeadHand” a while ago so I’m gonna try and give it some life

Thanks man. I had to write a “western” theme for a video for this song challenge thing I’m doing and it has made me want to run with it and orchestrate some more stuff. I’m still fumbling my way through Reaper and finding some decent strings and horn sounds, but I think this has some potential to be a cool project.

I came up with a character “DeadHand” a while ago so I’m gonna try and give it some life

I agree completely. I dig the Ennio Morricone vibe. Would be a killer project and it sounds like you have a pretty good start on it there. I was waiting for a vibra slap though, lol. Don't be afraid to wet that lead guitar in with plenty of reverb and a good bite on the bridge pickup....maybe a tele or strat through some kinda tweed twin kemper profile......just throwing some ideas around. A good trumpet sound, those horns, is also a good direction to pursue as you mentioned. That surf/western/steel guitar/searing mexican brass sound is some of my favorite listening. There are norteno bands here with amazing brass sections. Can't wait to hear some more of what you come up with. Good luck Daniel!

Back