So What's Up in the World of Amps?

MistaGuitah

I haven't been a gear whore for several years now. Haven't bothered even looking at new gear for the past 2 years. Have any high quality tube amps that are relatively affordable come out in the last year or two?

Well, I did get a glimpse of the new Friedman plexi thing. Of all that's out there, that one seems interesting. However, things are so ridiculously expensive now that you have to sell your organs to buy one.

Well, I did get a glimpse of the new Friedman plexi thing. Of all that's out there, that one seems interesting. However, things are so ridiculously expensive now that you have to sell your organs to buy one.
I only lost one organ about a year and a half ago. But I went septic waiting for treatment so I got two extra bonus holes.

Should’ve went to the hospital on a Thursday, instead I waited for Friday in a sanctuary city and got pushed to the back of the line behind all of the illegals.

During that time, I’ve got several amplifiers.

No, none of this post is an exaggeration at all. It’s 100% factual actually.

Velvet George has the best amp running IMO if you're in the $3500 to $4500 market.

karl.gif

Larry predates Cameron initially starting his career over on Metroamp. He was doing mods before Mark and still is after.

Once I acquired my top 5 amps there hasn't been much that's held my attention long enough for me to consider getting.
In no particular order those top 5 are:
Headfirst Alta
Ground Zero Hellion
Naylor Super Drive
EVO TM50
Monomyth Skeleton Key

I do want to check out Sonictone. They're a builder that's local to me. Their patriot amp has still held my attention long enough to give hard consideration to getting one. I've been invited to their shop to check one out, but haven't had the time to make it over there.

Aside from the Sonictone my interests in amps has mainly move to building rather than buying one off the rack Yeah, it may be a clone built from a kit, but I can say I put it together myself.

Reactions: rsm
Depends on your tastes. In the Hot Rodded Marshall camp, I think the MGL's have been most impressive.

Back