So What's Up in the World of Amps?

• Thread starter Thread starter MistaGuitah
  • Start date Start date
Are you lying?
Wow! Pretty aggressive comment! :ROFLMAO:

No; I think it's a friggin killer amp. I'm a Marshall guy but the MT100 covers any modern-ish tone needs. I've had a C Recto, 2 F Triples, a few G Triples/Duals and the MT is very similar to what a boosted G/F Triple sounds like, with a tighter response/no boost needed. I can say that without a doubt, for a 3 ch amp it is a better tone to my ears than any of the EVH 3 ch big boys. For 1K less. Of course, it's a different tone but It's a killer deal for the money, and to my ears is right in the ballpark of a boosted F/G Triple.

These amps are probably available at GCs; take one for a test spin. Or, buy/try/return if you don't dig it.

Wow! Pretty aggressive comment! :ROFLMAO:

No; I think it's a friggin killer amp. I'm a Marshall guy but the MT100 covers any modern-ish tone needs. I've had a C Recto, 2 F Triples, a few G Triples/Duals and the MT is very similar to what a boosted G/F Triple sounds like, with a tighter response/no boost needed. I can say that without a doubt, for a 3 ch amp it is a better tone to my ears than any of the EVH 3 ch big boys. For 1K less. Of course, it's a different tone but It's a killer deal for the money, and to my ears is right in the ballpark of a boosted F/G Triple.

These amps are probably available at GCs; take one for a test spin. Or, buy/try/return if you don't dig it.

Thanks for the details. I've had a few rectifier revisions 2 & 3 channel, dual & triple, nothing later than a G. Mark iv, triple crown 100, tremoverb, roadster. So pretty familiar with those voicing. I tried boosting, never was my thing. Just use more mids and less bass seemed to clean all that up for me. Even on a rectifier. I know Tremonti liked the Uber also. I really loved the archon 100 I had probably longer than any other amp besides an SLX 100. Haven't had the EVH versions only the 5150, 6505 & 6534. I sold a cobra and a savage 120 to try this herbert mk3 I have now.

I have been curious about the Tremont head, almost got one when I got the triple crown, which is a great amp also. I'd like to try one, haven't spotted one in the local GC. I also miss my deliverance 120 too so it's like... do I really want a mt100? Or will I be disappointed? 💸💸🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks for the details. I've had a few rectifier revisions 2 & 3 channel, dual & triple, nothing later than a G. Mark iv, triple crown 100, tremoverb, roadster. So pretty familiar with those voicing. I tried boosting, never was my thing. Just use more mids and less bass seemed to clean all that up for me. Even on a rectifier. I know Tremonti liked the Uber also. I really loved the archon 100 I had probably longer than any other amp besides an SLX 100. Haven't had the EVH versions only the 5150, 6505 & 6534. I sold a cobra and a savage 120 to try this herbert mk3 I have now.

I have been curious about the Tremont head, almost got one when I got the triple crown, which is a great amp also. I'd like to try one, haven't spotted one in the local GC. I also miss my deliverance 120 too so it's like... do I really want a mt100? Or will I be disappointed? 💸💸🤷🏻‍♂️
Supposedly, it's a blend of his fav Recto and his fav Uber. I've only played an Uber very briefly; it didn't sound very good but it was at a GC. It has a nice organic/rich tone, and that's straight in. I tried a boost but to me it took away from the tone; some amps I've owned react that way like the Cameron mods I've had. The presence has to be dimed imo though to get the clarity I like. Loves V30s but also sounds great with my greenback cab. The clean is the best clean I've heard in a high gain amp..even better than the C+ cleans.

I have a thing for weird, often "never seen one in the wild" high gain heads. Most recently I scored MLC Subzero 93 head, and not long after the KAOS Hatred single channel prototype from Diezelduder. Now I have another rarity in my sights that I might get for such a crazy good price that I just can't pass it up. I wanted to get another Marshall mod done, but the the modder is waffling so that can wait. Really should sell off a bunch of "meh" heads, but I just don't have time to ship with any expediency. So the numbers just keep stacking up like terrorists prisoners at Abu Ghraib...I even bought head covers for them to complete the look for a prospective photo shoot.
You have to get that one…the power of Christ compels you….the power of Christ compels you….

IMHO, for the money the Splawn QuickRod is still the best modded Marshall on the market at $2,500.

I am really surprised that no one has dropped a serious high gain Jose model yet. I mean all the R&D has been done.
Got one and three 2x12’s if anyone needs one. Mustang blue with racing stripe, new old stock.

Back