So With Shitty YT Demos Being A Current Hot Topic Right Now...

• Thread starter Thread starter PurityS.L.G
  • Start date Start date
I agree, that meltdown is quite special. Not sure whether that is real or not. But I am referring to the posts that lead up to that. For instance, Vesmedic called him "tonedick" before that. They continued pushing the guy in several threads. I never got a chance to hear his recordings though. Must have been bad.

Come on man… really? Making fun of a guys users name is a hate crime now? I get where you are coming from about negativity etc, but I really think you are being a tad thin skinned here on this. The guy more than made an ass of himself over and over and over, when I CONSTANTLY tried to help him understand how wrong he was on even the most basic of levels. The guy wanted absolutely nothing to do with it, nor cared what anyone else had to say. And now he has a complete melt down and goes off the rails into the most vulgar shit pile of postings I’ve ever seen here, and “removed his book”, and WE are to blame? Since when is someone else responsible for your own actions? Personal responsibility. He and he alone is responsible for his actions, he needs to take a look in the mirror. After all, HE was the only one who ACTUALLY PERSONALLY attacked anyone. Screen shots of Dan, actual pictures from his YouTube page? Bodily image attacks? fuck that piece of a shit.

Guy from the Bronx walks into a Memphis bar and starts talking shit.
The regulars tell him it'd be best to tone it down a little.
He ignores the advice and starts talking even louder shit.

It's no wonder whatsoever he's out back a bit bloodied now.

And ya, sling shit all you want every which way, but keep literal personal stuff out of it.

I can say you look like a piece of shit - as long as I don't raid your internet stuff to do it.

Last edited:
I hope monkeyman takes a look back at the posts here and reconsiders that, because this 3 day ban is nuts:
My policy, as it's been since the get-go, is 3 days, a week, then perma-ban brother.

Gotta give everyone a chance to redeem his ways / learn something and then benefit from the lesson by being able to post again.

One has to draw the line somewhere 'though, of course, so I went with the baseball classic of 3 strikes and you're out.

That’s light homie, come on…. I got banned permanently on seven string for calling someone woke…. COME ON MANNNN
:LOL:

That's what I get for reading a thread backward :LOL: I do that sometimes when I see a high post count so I can determine quickly if the thread has devolved into something other than the title/OP's intent. In this case it looks like it did but is STILL on topic :LOL:
Rig Talk at its best brother. :LOL:

I agree, "tone dick" wasn't a good example, but I think I get what @Laurens is trying to say... I just think he's missed a bunch of the "activating event" threads that would explain the missing context for him.

This most certainly did not come out of nowhere, and it did not happen for no reason.
Perhaps I missed a few posts. There are so many and I m not going to read all the frantic bs. It’s holiday season and just want to have fun with guitar gear and all. peace 👍

The only one I always enjoy is Michael Nielson. Most others are great too but this guy is a pro and is friends with Friedman.

+1

What he did in the last 15 seconds of his Zakk wylde shaved days video blew my damn mind. He’s got talent and doesn’t have to force it like many others mentioned here.

Honestly I only watch fluff for the gear roast videos just because I like to see other setups.

The videos I enjoy the most on YouTube arent regular paid promotion pages, but Joe Shmoe with an amp upside down capturing a badass one off mod or tone from a signal chain on a cell phone recording. The dudes getting things done not because a paycheque from advertisement depends on it, but because it actually sounds killer and doesn’t need any talking AT ALL.

Many of those channels have almost no subscriptions and post monthly or annually, but those are the ones I search for.

+1

What he did in the last 15 seconds of his Zakk wylde shaved days video blew my damn mind. He’s got talent and doesn’t have to force it like many others mentioned here.

Honestly I only watch fluff for the gear roast videos just because I like to see other setups.

The videos I enjoy the most on YouTube arent regular paid promotion pages, but Joe Shmoe with an amp upside down capturing a badass one off mod or tone from a signal chain on a cell phone recording. The dudes getting things done not because a paycheque from advertisement depends on it, but because it actually sounds killer and doesn’t need any talking AT ALL.

Many of those channels have almost no subscriptions and post monthly or annually, but those are the ones I search for.
Same here. That's one thing I respect about Johan Segeborn. He purposely doesn't have ads in his videos because he knows they're annoying, so he gets rids them for us, despite not making money that he could be getting

+1

I wonder what @RACKSYSTEMS has to say about Michael Nielsen?

Personally I appreciate anyone who puts content out for others to access. Most of them don't work for me - and if so I'll quietly move on. I understand the crazy amount of time and work even a simple videos takes, so thanks for posting this.

You asked though, and seem open to feedback so my top 5 is:
1. I get bored quickly on YT, so I would say shorter and punchier - maybe 10mins.
2. Be nice to to see the guitar being played. Doesn't really matter, but it just makes things more interesting.
3. Some better lighting.
4. Use the timecode/chapter feature so people who like to skip around (see #1) can find things of interest efficiently.
5. Some on-screen graphics showing what you're switching to and when is a nice touch.
On the plus side you're pulling some rockin tones and that really is the most important factor, so kudos to you :rock:
Wow thanks man! I seriously appreciate you taking the time to write all that. Those are definitely things I plan on incorporating very soon!

So I had to recollect some of this myself to try to put some closure on it. Also, to potentially help others understand how this all went down for those that don't have the back story. I've been here what, 12 years I think, and the reason I keep hanging out here is so that I can continue learn and also maybe share a few things from time to time. But I would never try to compare myself so some of these guys - like DanTravis62 or Vesomedic or Racerxrated etc. @TheToneDig your claim that this forum is full of hate or whatever just isn't true. Look at all the free give aways we've had lately and how we wish each other a Merry Christmas, etc.

So when Tone Dig came flying into his very first thread like a banshee out of hell, it probably ruffled some feathers. You be the judge. The 'knowledge transfer' part starts on the 3rd page and really doesn't end.

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/thre...e-amp-guys-here-about-playing-at-home.230103/
So Tone Dig, I am assuming you will come back and read this either as you or an alt but take it for what it is worth. Rig-Talk has been around for a long time and has had many Pros and Qualified people providing input to the group. Pre Rig-Talk I believe it would have been Harmony Central that a lot of these guys came from. Either way, you can't storm in here and start debating with people on day 1. Typically, when one joins a discussion forum you kind of ease into you know? Like and old man into a hot bath. But you came in charging full bore. I see some of the very people you are attacking in this thread (your first R-T thread I pasted above) are trying to bring you down off the ledge back in early November and you wouldn't have any of it. In other words, they gave you a second chance. And a third change. Etc.

You kept pushing your ideas and your book - most of which we do not agree with. So you got called out. That's all there is to it.

In this same thread I think you even said that you would rather have lots of smaller low wattage lunch box amps than 1 or 2 bigger amps based on your opinion/assumptions. That just does not make sense.

Here are few snippets from that first ill-fated thread that you chose as your first thread at R-T to start conversing in.

Once you have an attenuator or even better a load box, all you need are heads and start an amp farm. To be honest there isn't really a whole lot going for using 100W heads that way as many of them have been downsized into studio small venue heads. You can get really close to how the 100Ws sound in the same IR setup.

The days of 4x12s seem really past. More for show. If you have a big enough room then it can sound great and at rehearsals for the chest thump but a small venue, 2x12 and 50W amps max IMO or even just use the loadbox and monitor out. Choice of cab sims for the environment. Even some top bands playing high gain metal just have the 4x12s for show and the lead guitarist is using a 1x12 combo behind a screen and microphoned up really well. Yes, it's all-tube not digital, but likely to be well under 50W.

I wrote a book about this exact topic. See my sig.

With an attenuator and loadbox, you can even listen to a cranked 100W on headphones.

The problem becomes space. 100W are big units and weighty. So it makes more sense to buy lots of smaller amps than a few big ones.

50W was the nice happy medium but now amp makers are getting those tones into 20W and 30W amps in the past few years. Marshall Studio leads that one with their power staging.

Nobody will know the difference between 100W and 20W in a recording. Maybe not as much bottom end in 20W but EQ helps.

Basically, the secret is to use real valve heads and choice IRs! IRs and microphone choices for cab sims are everything.

Wet/Dry recording.

I think this was Dan's first response to you. And you wouldn't stop. You just kept going. Like CharvelDan used to do. Annoying.
You're going to find a lot of people who don't agree with this here.

The main reason is headroom; for certain styles of music, it doesn't fucking matter what IR you slap on a 20 watt amp, it isn't going to work for many styles. Mine in particular.

And it just goes on an on....

Post #127
Post #130
Post #135

Here is Post #186

A 100W amp will beat a 20W side by side if the same make and model.

Your claim is that a 20W lacks balls and punch.

My claim is both have punch and 20W lacks nothing more than the +6db volume.

Sorry but that claim that 20W lacks balls is like saying you can handle a fire engine siren in your room.

That's it.

This is just not true. I don't know anyone that believes this like you do. Sorry, I just think Rig-Talk is not the best forum for you. Good luck though in whatever you do next. Hopefully, you will have learned something.

Last edited:
So I had to recollect some of this myself to try to put some closure on it. Also, to potentially help others understand how this all went down for those that don't have the back story. I've been here what, 12 years I think, and the reason I keep hanging out here is so that I can continue learn and also maybe share a few things from time to time. But I would never try to compare myself so some of these guys - like DanTravis62 or Vesomedic or Racerxrated etc. @TheToneDig your claim that this forum is full of hate or whatever just isn't true. Look at all the free give aways we've had lately and how we wish each other a Merry Christmas, etc.

So when Tone Dig came flying into his very first thread like a banshee out of hell, it probably ruffled some feathers. You be the judge. The 'knowledge transfer' part starts on the 3rd page and really doesn't end.

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/thre...e-amp-guys-here-about-playing-at-home.230103/
So Tone Dig, I am assuming you will come back and read this either as you or an alt but take it for what it is worth. Rig-Talk has been around for a long time and has had many Pros and Qualified people providing input to the group. Pre Rig-Talk I believe it would have been Harmony Central that a lot of these guys came from. Either way, you can't storm in here and start debating with people on day 1. Typically, when one joins a discussion forum you kind of ease into you know? Like and old man into a hot bath. But you came in charging full bore. I see some of the very people you are attacking in this thread are trying to bring you down off the ledge back in early November and you wouldn't have any of it. In other words, they gave you a second chance. And a third change. Etc.

You kept pushing your ideas and your book - most of which we do not agree with. So you got called out. That's all there is to it.

In this same thread I think you even said that you would rather have lots of smaller low wattage lunch box amps than 1 or 2 bigger amps based on your opinion/assumptions. That just does not make sense.

Here are few snippets from that first ill-fated thread

I think this was Dan's first response to you. And you wouldn't stop. You just kept going. Like CharvelDan used to do. Annoying.

And it just goes on an on....

Post #127
Post #130
Post #135

Here is Post #186

This is just not true. I don't know anyone that believes this like you do. Sorry, I just think Rig-Talk is not the best forum for you. Good luck though in whatever you do next. Hopefully, you will have learned something.

Post 135 is especially eye-roll inducing for me, still.

"No I totally understand headroom, and yes 20w amps and 100w amps sound exactly the same on recording."

Dude, we're trying to tell you it isn't that simple, and those types of solutions don't work for a lot of guitar recording contexts.

The reason medic and i and smashed and racer and others all interacted was because he was THAT wrong about a bunch of other shit too, and completely matrix'ed any responsibility for his knowledge gap, and on the contrary was belligerent in his ignorance - by god, they said so on the YouTube, so it has to be true!

Wow thanks man! I seriously appreciate you taking the time to write all that. Those are definitely things I plan on incorporating very soon!
No worries - I'm glad you took it in the spirit it was intended. Best of luck with the channel!

I'm just beginning to gain an understanding of the work involved myself - we're currently putting a channel together. From what I can tell you do hours and hours of work for a video, then 20 guys come along and say 'you shoulda' and 'I woulda'. Sounds like heaps of fun to me.

So I was going to reply with a big write-up going blah this and blah that, but that's really not useful is it.

I think there was quite a bit of confusion going on with a lot of people's positions. My book covered 100W amps and 4x12s and all of it, all of it is about going to the Studio in the end, to talk to experts to get your tracks down as best as they can be. I think a lot of things I said were taken out of context and I took some things out of context that other people said. I have even microphones and positioning covered in my book. I think you will find that in fact what you believe was in the book all along.

Anyway, I accept the dox claim was probably just a joke now since nobody seems to have wanted to carry through with it. That went a bit OTT. Sorry.

So obviously I must not be getting your jokes or nuances or whatever. So yeah, too new, wrong place, sorry.

So is that okay or no way fucking way?

Happy New Year. 2022.:cheers2:

I'll try to be nice to peeps everywhere. You are not a bad lot in the end if you can hold off on the personal stuff and just address the topic.

I didn't read this whole thread. I just clicked on the last page.
So I'm going to spout off with no idea what happened, and with zero fucks given....

thetonedig....I'm cool if your cool.
Not everyone agrees,but reaching out with an open hand when others are shaking fists at you is the sign of a real man.

So is that okay or no way fucking way?

Happy New Year. 2022.:cheers2:
Sounds good to me bro'. Welcome back and happy new year to you too. :cheers2:
I'll try to be nice to peeps everywhere.
Hey, it's worked for me all my life, and as they used to say in the ol' classic, cheesy hair-regrowth commercials, "it can work for you too". :LOL:

May I just say:
If only everyone responded to 3 days in the sin bin this well, we'd never have to progress to the week-long and permanent bans. :confused:

Back