Speaking of Rig Rundowns that Suck....

• Thread starter Thread starter phil b
  • Start date Start date
Another tone chaser here. Just getting home from a gig. 20,000 or so people there, a lot of phones out throughout and the girl in front spent most of the last song or so on her phone….recording herself singing. Not sure how many cared about the guitar tone.

In a way, I feel that tone is for yourself and, subject to what happens during recording/production, recording. Live is another thing. I can understand bands not wanting to risk valued amps / guitars etc getting damaged / lost / stolen and also wanting the consistency and ease that comes with digital gear, provided it’s “good enough” - especially for popular bands where half the audience is only there to post about it on social media.

Another tone chaser here. Just getting home from a gig. 20,000 or so people there, a lot of phones out throughout and the girl in front spent most of the last song or so on her phone….recording herself singing. Not sure how many cared about the guitar tone.

In a way, I feel that tone is for yourself and, subject to what happens during recording/production, recording. Live is another thing. I can understand bands not wanting to risk valued amps / guitars etc getting damaged / lost / stolen and also wanting the consistency and ease that comes with digital gear, provided it’s “good enough” - especially for popular bands where half the audience is only there to post about it on social media.
After a few beers and a fatty people in the crowd cant tell the difference between a Dumble & a Gorilla amp thru a Boss Metalzone.

Back