Star Guitar build

• Thread starter Thread starter Fusionbear
  • Start date Start date
Ever since I saw Akira Takasaki of Loudness back in the 80's, I've wanted a Star shaped guitar. But, for whatever reason, never got around to getting one. I'm glad though. Was not a fan of the headstock. Just recently I got the star bug again and could not find what I wanted, so I decided to build one from the great folks at Warmoth.

I ordered a in stock body, so I couldn't use the configurator.

View attachment 298269

View attachment 298275
How long was the build time - between the time you placed the order, and when you got the parts ?

:unsure:

A little more:

20240628_130218~2.jpg

20240628_130331~2.jpg

Reactions: Geo
I bought one of those Jackson JS Star guitars as an upgrade platform and it turned out great. I changed everything but the body and neck in it. Gotoh tuners, Tonepros bridge and tailpiece, DiMarzio pickups, Switchcraft jack and switch and a Bourns 500k pot. Great guitar for about $700 all in

Still on the fence with the knobs. I have some chrome ones I may use...
The white looks good but strat knob are a bit too big for how close together they are. Maybe chrome dome knobs would look better. A single volume and a killswitch could be cool too.

How’d the factory fretwork turn out. I always had good luck and only needed to spot level a fret or two and file the nut slots to the correct height.

I c
Hamer and Epiphone really need to slow down on their crazy prices these days. Sad thing is they'll get away with it because people are willing to pay tons of money for a legacy brand name.
I can't think of a single person born after 1990 that gives ANY FUCKS about Hamer or Epiphone. No one even talks about Hamer - you can pick them up at local shops for dead cheap, or you used to. 'Legacy Brand' being applied to Epiphone is almost laughable to me, even if it is very true. "Oh you mean those terrible sounding LP rip offs that everyone plays in worship bands?" PASS.

Neck specs: Indian rosewood fretboard, roasted Maple shaft, standard thin neck profile, 9.5-14" radius, twenty-two SS6105 frets, painted peg to match body, satin Nitro finish on back of neck, modern tilt-back with scarf joint and volute.

Neck specs: Indian rosewood fretboard, roasted Maple shaft, standard thin neck profile, 9.5-14" radius, twenty-two SS6105 frets, painted peg to match body, satin Nitro finish on back of neck, modern tilt-back with scarf joint and volute.
What nut did you use to go with the compound radius? Did you need to shim saddles or anything like that?

Back