Star Guitar build

• Thread starter Thread starter Fusionbear
  • Start date Start date
Floyd Rose R3 and did not need to shim. But, I initially did not install the little bar that guides the strings. But after having some tuning issues, I installed it and it became super stable.
Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Still on the fence with the knobs. I have some chrome ones I may use...
Maybe some chrome knobs with pearl inlay similar to this

1719773431061.png

I c

I can't think of a single person born after 1990 that gives ANY FUCKS about Hamer or Epiphone. No one even talks about Hamer - you can pick them up at local shops for dead cheap, or you used to. 'Legacy Brand' being applied to Epiphone is almost laughable to me, even if it is very true. "Oh you mean those terrible sounding LP rip offs that everyone plays in worship bands?" PASS.
There's a decent of amount of Zoomers who are into like Van Halen and more mainstream Glam Metal stuff, Kramer sells decently with that crowd. But yeah you have a good point there. Epiphone is a "legacy brand" because well they've been around forever, and over the last 20 years it seems like the whole "Epiphone is just as good if not better than Gibson" crowd has gotten bigger. Also I realized I had a huge brainfart in my original post and said "Hamer" instead of Kramer, so that might've confused you.

Hey Fusionbear, when you pressed in those Floyd bushings into the body did you press them in dry or did you put some beeswax on the outside before you pressed them into the wood? Did you use a hydraulic press or tap them in with a hammer?

There's a decent of amount of Zoomers who are into like Van Halen and more mainstream Glam Metal stuff, Kramer sells decently with that crowd. But yeah you have a good point there. Epiphone is a "legacy brand" because well they've been around forever, and over the last 20 years it seems like the whole "Epiphone is just as good if not better than Gibson" crowd has gotten bigger. Also I realized I had a huge brainfart in my original post and said "Hamer" instead of Kramer, so that might've confused you.
Ahhhh Kramer makes way more sense than Hamer. "over the last 20 years it seems like the whole "Epiphone is just as good if not better than Gibson" crowd has gotten bigger" - I wonder if this is due to Gibson producing hit or miss guitars, as they always have, but now mixed with the internet and the brand fumbling non-stop, whereas Epiphone has approached the internet in a more firendly way and their marketing is clearly working. I still do not like most Epis, same goes for Gibson for the most part. I cannot stop seeing Epiphone as a $300 Chinese LP rip-off, and don't think I ever will. Seeing made in USA Epi is not swaying me one bit, they could only do that if they were LESS than Gibson, not more expensive!!

Hey Fusionbear, when you pressed in those Floyd bushings into the body did you press them in dry or did you put some beeswax on the outside before you pressed them into the wood? Did you use a hydraulic press or tap them in with a hammer?

Warmoth did it for me. It's an option they offer when you order a body and parts from them...

Reactions: Geo
One last adjustment: I added a third spring for the Floyd. This guitar is now stable. I'll record a clip tomorrow....

Back