The heaviest riff from The Black Album

• Thread starter Thread starter Tone Monster
  • Start date Start date
It’s cool af

Tried listening to it again... man I just don't think I can do it lol. The production is just too awful. The guitars are offensively thin, fizzy, and raspy with no balls, there's constant clipping everywhere, and James' voice is so dry it sounds like he's singing through some shitty karaoke box or something.

Maybe there are some cool riffs and ideas in there but that production just ruins it, like drowning a steak in mcdonalds ketchup or something.

Last edited:
Tried listening to it again... man I just don't think I can do it lol. The production is just too awful. The guitars are offensively thin, fizzy, and raspy with no balls, there's constant clipping everywhere, and James' voice is so dry it sounds like he's singing through some shitty karaoke box or something.

Maybe there are some cool riffs and ideas in there but that production just ruins it, like drowning a medium well steak in mcdonalds ketchup or something.
The production grew on me. Even the peaking

Maybe there are some cool riffs and ideas in there but that production just ruins it, like drowning a medium well steak in mcdonalds ketchup or something.

im listening again now and its even worse than i remember, to be one of the biggest bands in the world and release something like this is just offensive

That and Sad But True are absolutely classic heavy as rhino balls... effective... never gets old.
The genius of Sad But True is all the notes at the beginning of the song are relatively high pitches. Only after the stop and snare bit do they unleash the low D note. If they had started the song with that riff it wouldn't have sounded as heavy and powerful. Context lost on the modern bands who think launching straight in to drop F or whatever will sound heavy. Nope.

Back